Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517901 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
This just in...  The Raiders land Josh McDaniels as their head coach.

How come McDaniels didn't interview with the Vikings?   :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting.  I thought about him for us but heard he doesn't have the best personality.  ????   I thought he would stay with the Patriots and take Bellicheck's place sometime.  Life may not be as fun without Tom there. 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
He didn’t do to well as the Broncos head coach.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
He didn’t do to well as the Broncos head coach.
No, but when the news broke, all the TV Talking Heads were making apologies for McDaniels, saying that after Denver he went back to the grindstone, paid his dues becoming a great OC again under Belichick, and is now ready for another chance.

Even given his history with Denver, I'd rather see him with the Vikings instead of all of the other finalist candidates they currently have.

McDaniels' agent must have been working with the Raiders for a long time since Gruden resigned.  It didn't make sense that McDaniels' name wasn't coming up for any of the other head coaching vacancies either, and then all of a sudden he lands with the Raiders.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Kirk Cousins replaces Erin Rogers in the Pro Bowl.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thought this was a joke until I just seen it on a news page...  say what!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That stuff happens all the time.

The great ones have been there and done that.  After a long season that ends in a tough loss, the last thing those guys want to do is to show up for a dog and pony show.  And particularly in the case of Erin, face all the media questions about leaving GB.

Rodgers will say he is too hurt to play and the NFL will start going down the list of QBs with the next best stats until they find someone who is willing to show up for the game.  It happens every year.

And its good for the other guys, because they usually have bonuses tied to being named to the Pro Bowl.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

I'm sure it was a package deal with the GM and McDaniels. To get one you needed to take them both. Good deal for the Raiders. He will do very well there. He has paid his dues and if the GM is any good they will compete. Tough division with Herbert & Mahomes already there and Erin coming.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm sure it was a package deal with the GM and McDaniels. To get one you needed to take them both. Good deal for the Raiders. He will do very well there. He has paid his dues and if the GM is any good they will compete. Tough division with Herbert & Mahomes already there and Erin coming.

I missed that part where the Patriots' Ziegler also went to the Raiders as GM.

Still, why couldn't that package have worked for the Vikes?  They could have had Zygi and Ziegler!  :rotflmao:

That is what makes me think the Raiders deal was in the works for a long time.  Neither Ziegler or McDaniels were candidates for any of the other open NFL jobs.  It was as if they were off the table before the market opened.  I wonder if Zygi W. is plugged in enough to play in those back-channel waters.  :scratch:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Harbaugh flying in to interview on Wednesday.

Ryans turns down second interview.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Harbaugh is the final second interviewer.....I bet the Wilf's won't let him leave w/o signing.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Is the Rams' OC still in the mix?

Consider the source, but I heard an Odell Beckem Jr. interview where he was very complementary of the Rams.  He might have been trying to throw some shade at the Browns, but OBJ did say, "The Rams do everything right."

If that is true, and the Rams' OC is an integral part of that winning culture, it would be good to infuse some of that with the Vikings.

I still don't know about Harbaugh.  He had some success in San Fan, but, as I recall, his act wore thin with pro players in a hurry - and the consensus was Harbaugh was better suited for the college game.  The Vikes just got rid of a coach like that.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Harbaugh scares me.  Seems like he has a huge ego just like Zim.  I think Kevin Oconnell, Rams OC is still in the mix.  He is the one I am wanting. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes......both RamsOC and DC are interviewing today.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Rheem Morris is the DC I think. He was the HC at San Diego I think. Anyway, I would rather have Todd Bowles the TB DC than Harbough. Just not a Harbough fan.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And I've had enough of this defensive-minded, defensive coordinator head coach stuff for a while.

Everything in the league is slanted toward offense.  The offensive strategy evolves, and defenses are constantly catching up.

If you hire an offensive wizard as your head coach, you have him locked up.

If you hire a defensive wizard as your head coach, you need to hire and or develop a successful Offensive Coordinator, who will become someone else's next head coach.

Just sayin.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Just look at the 2 teams left playing their HCs both have OC backgrounds.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/22, 08:57:27 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Unless the head coach is calling his own plays it doesn't matter if he is defensive or offensive. He (or she) just needs to have the OC that follows the path he wants to go matching the qb's abilities.

But, I really don't care as I don't expect much difference in results for several years.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
just read little kubiak went to be QB coach and passing coordinator out in denver !!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
reports are Harbaugh is staying in michigan!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He finally beat Ohio St & is getting paid very well so ....................... :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Reports are saying there hiring Kevon O'Connell, the Rams offensive coordinator.
But cant make it official until after the superbowl
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
With Harbaugh......wonder who turned down who??? He may have wanted too much money and too much control. So now we will have a GM who has never been a GM and a head coach who has never been a head coach. Could be a lot different, especially on the offense.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I at least look forward to this combo much better than a jackass like Harbaugh being any part of it.  He used the Vikes to get back at Mich. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly....bet he got a big raise there. O'Connel was Cousin's QB coach at Washington and worked for the 49's before going to the Rams. So those 3 all know each other. Plus he is the 4th OC under Rams head coach McVay. Both Cinn and GB head coaches were OC for McVay.
« Last Edit: February 02/03/22, 07:48:47 AM by KEN W »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Requiem for the Harbaugh Chapter

Jim Harbaugh comments after failed interview with Vikings

...a text message he received from Harbaugh after the interview.

“The Wilf family and organization are first class all the way and in every way and Kwesi [Adofo-Mensah] is a shining star! The team is poised for greatness,” said Harbaugh.

It still doesn’t make the brief Harbaugh tease any less confusing. ... Harbaugh approached Wednesday’s meeting as basically a done deal, while the Vikings were simply conducting another interview as they have with every other candidate.

Perhaps this last point speaks to the Harbaugh's arrogance.  :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Word now is that during interview Vikes didn't like his attitude. Acted like the job was in the bag. Just turned them the wrong way.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Dodged a bullit id say
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"