Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517841 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Al Michaels made it sound like a done deal yday just as the game was getting started. Not sure of his exact verbiage but it was to the effect that all that remained was for it to be announced today or tomorrow. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think they could sign on the dotted line until the Super Bowl was over.  Hope he doesn't change his mind. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Verbal agreement? Don't believe anything would've been said if he thought there was much of a chance of it not happening. We shall see.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they gave him a day or two to celebrate with the Rams.  I hoped to hear something today.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm kinda confused on his role in LA. Was he the offensive coordinator? Looked to me Mcvay did all the play calling while O'Connell was just standing there.. Hopefully the plays were coming from him.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, that is the risk of hiring the OC when the HC is the play caller.  One of the same things against ex-Vikings RB coach Eric Bieniemy, who is the Chiefs' OC.  Everyone knows Andy Reed is the offensive genius.

The hope is some of it will rub off on the next guy.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they gave him a day or two to celebrate with the Rams.  I hoped to hear something today.
WCCO said early today that their SB parade isn't until tomorrow & hinted that the announcement may not come before that. :scratch: They did say that Wes Phillips, Wades son, is expected to come with him as his OC though. His grandpa, Bum Phillips, was a HC for the Houston Oilers & NO Saints back in 70's & 80's too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds positive to me.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i just read a blurb on MSN that Deshawn Watson is interested in playing for the Vikings!!!!!! :shocked: thanks but no thanks i'll stick with Cousins!!!!!!!!

from what it said Watson has like 22 civil cases against him yet!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i just read a blurb on MSN that Deshawn Watson is interested in playing for the Vikings!!!!!! :shocked: thanks but no thanks i'll stick with Cousins!!!!!!!!

from what it said Watson has like 22 civil cases against him yet!!!!!!

Yeah, I can't believe the Wilf's would greenlight that deal after they had to pay Adrian Peterson for a year while he sat out for beating his kid.  Especially after the Texan's extended Watson's contract thru 2025.  Next year Watson's Salary Cap Hit is $40M.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I bet he would like to play for anyone.  He is delusional.  Don't need him. 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
It's official.....O'Connell is the new head coach.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard a rumor he may be bringing another of his buddies with him. Don't remember the name but he was the assistant DB coach out there & a good friend of O'Connell's. I would think he would start naming some of his staff pretty quick, maybe even in his press conference today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm glad they got their guy.  We hope he has what it takes to win in today's NFL.  He might have learned something from drinking coffee every morning with Sean McVay, but only time will tell if that translates to being a successful head coach on his own.

I can't get excited until I see what they plan to do with Kirk.  I just hope that if they extend him again, the Vikings have a more team-friendly out clause that the previous regime negotiated.

Or I would be just as happy if they figured out how to trade him for someone better or easier to cut.

Or just let him play out his contract (and lose a bunch of games because you can't afford other players because of Cousins' big cap hit) and start from scratch the following year.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well it does sound like O'Donnel likes #8, so.........but i've been reading for what its worth #8 has no interest in helping the team by redoing his contract.......if thats the case when his current contract is up.......he needs to go away. :confused: :doah:
« Last Edit: February 02/21/22, 02:39:33 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: McVay???? :doofus: :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Didnt he blow up the federal reserve bld??
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: O'Donnel???? :doofus: :confused:                 :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
More of the coaching staff named ............................................... by Kevin O'Connell : :whistling:  ;) https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vikings-add-daronte-jones-mike-smith-ben-kotwica-to-coaching-staff/ar-AAU8O96?ocid=msedgntp
« Last Edit: February 02/22/22, 05:55:29 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I think that one took a well needed rest about 10 years ago!  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

I think that one took a well needed rest about 10 years ago!  :happy1:
Looks like it was more like 20 years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh
« Last Edit: February 02/22/22, 07:34:41 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: McVay???? :doofus: :confused:
:scratch: :scratch: what????? :scratch: :rolleyes:
:scratch: Maybe you should think about asking that Teal's gang to take it a little easy on you on Thursday. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/22/22, 07:49:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the Panthers called the Vikes to ask about Kapt. Kirk's availability next season.

Who knows what was really said or what will change in the coming months.  The thing about that particular rumor is that nothing was said about what the Panthers were willing to give up to get Cousins.

All this could work for the Vikes...  They could ask (tell) Kirk to take a team friendly contract or get traded to the Panthers!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: ok, i'm already regretting saying this, BUT if they dump cousins WHO else is out there?????? seen an article where Davin Cook said there going to win the super bowl. there has to be some good vibes on the team now with the new regime.  :scratch:

so I know i've bashed cousins..........but really he aint all that bad a QB.....compared to whats out there.......i mean Trubisnky is available?  :crazy: :crazy: :doofus: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :confused: ........................ :shocked: :doah: :bonk: You :sick:?      ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 02/22/22, 09:51:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's just it.  If they dumped Kirk who would we get to get us through the season?  I still like the idea of someone like Teddy just to be a mentor to whoever we draft or trade for.  Have to let them know right up front that's the deal. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :confused: ........................ :shocked: :doah: :bonk: You :sick:?      ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: yea  i think so........the fact i cant or shouldnt go up to the cabin for the last weekend of spearing due to lake conditions, this winter weather is having a profound effect on my body chemistry!!!!!  :confused: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Rumour has it that Jimmy G is the top QB available, but I also seen it reported that TB has already shown interest. It might take 3 #1's & 1 of the Bucs starters, which they thought might be possible, to pry him loose from SF though. :crazy: :confused:
« Last Edit: February 02/22/22, 10:07:50 AM by Gunner55 »