Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517732 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Jimmy G and Kapt. Kirk as the same guy.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I see Jimmy G and Kapt. Kirk as the same guy.
yea kinda.....but Jimmy has way more help on both sides the ball then our guy!!!!!!!!! specifically on the offensive line side!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
9 er's D line is pretty good, deep too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
9 er's D line is pretty good, deep too.
Yeah, but if the Vikings can improve the Offensive Line, Defensive Line, Linebackers, and Cornerbacks, they will be good too.  :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would rather have Jimmy G.  But we need other help too.  I can't find any info about offers from Panthers other than that they called.  I also read in a few places that Kirk is not willing to take any offers less than what he makes now to help the team.  Cut him as far as I am concerned.  On to the next chapter. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I also read in a few places that Kirk is not willing to take any offers less than what he makes now to help the team. 
We'll see.

First off, Cousins is good, not great.  Can he be great in the right in the right system?   :confused:  He's goona get another chance to find out...  with the Vikes or some other team.

As for his next deal... 

The stars were aligned for him when the Vikes picked him up.  The Redskins refused to give him a long term deal because they saw Kirk's limitations.  After putting a franchise tag on him a couple of years, Kirk was a free agent QB who put up good numbers on a bad team.  Kirk bet on himself and won.  The Vikes gave him the first-ever fully guaranteed contract in the NFL.

Fast forward to now.  Kirk is still a quarterback to is still putting up good numbers on a middling team with an overall .500 record for his career.  It appears he is NOT an elite quarterback who makes others better and wills his team to victory.

Everyone in the league knows who he is now.  You are what your record says you are.  And even though QB salaries have continued to rise, which team is going to be willing to pay elite QB money to a guy with a .500 record.   :scratch:

So Kirk will have a choice.  Take a team friendly deal with a team he reportedly likes - or take his chances elsewhere.  He bet on himself once.  :popcorn:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He has done an excellent job of marketing himself.  No doubt about that.  It may bite him eventually but he will have the last laugh.   I have no idea how much he has stashed away for retirement but it is a huge amount of money. How much does one need???   

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
That's just it.  If they dumped Kirk who would we get to get us through the season?  I still like the idea of someone like Teddy just to be a mentor to whoever we draft or trade for.  Have to let them know right up front that's the deal.

I saw enough of Teddy before he got hurt. If you want to do a backup quarterback as a starter bring Keenum back.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I would rather have Jimmy G.  But we need other help too.  I can't find any info about offers from Panthers other than that they called.  I also read in a few places that Kirk is not willing to take any offers less than what he makes now to help the team.  Cut him as far as I am concerned.  On to the next chapter.

I don't think they want to cut him.....they would still have to pay him $35 mil and would still count for $45 mil against the cap.

As for trading him to Carolina....they could get Sam Darnold in the trade for 1 year.

Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
As for trading him to Carolina....they could get Sam Darnold in the trade for 1 year.
:puke:
I'd rather see them get a jugs machine and a bag of balls.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Just seen this on my browser's homepage & thought it might be of interest to some of the rest of you!! https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/new-vikings-defensive-coordinator-ed-donatell-on-danielle-hunter-scheme-3-4-fronts/ar-AAUgquK?ocid=ms

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
think they could bring that kicker......Carlson back??????? :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Think he really likes it with the Raiders as he's hardly missed since they signed him. :doah:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
To absolutely no surprise, Kirk Cousins won’t give Vikings a discount

Again, Cousins has every right to work the system for every last dollar. As long as there are teams willing to pay him huge money to lead their franchises to outcomes slightly above mediocrity, it will continue.

The Vikings seem to be content to let Cousins give it one more try, unless they can find a quarterback-desperate team that is willing to absorb his $35 million salary and give the Vikings real value in return. Even then, the Vikings would have to be confident that they have a better alternative. While Cousins isn’t among the best quarterbacks in the NFL, the best quarterbacks in the NFL aren’t readily available.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I read  somewhere the 2 sides are talking???

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think they would even drop down a notch if the new QB had a chance to improve in a year or two. 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn’t look like the draft class has much to pick from in the QB department, and I don’t see a lot of viable free agents around. Cousins is looking out for Cousins. He’s probably holding all the cards because of his stats, which don’t reflect the intangible lack of leadership and what seems to be no ability to inspire teammates.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn’t look like the draft class has much to pick from in the QB department, and I don’t see a lot of viable free agents around. Cousins is looking out for Cousins. He’s probably holding all the cards because of his stats, which don’t reflect the intangible lack of leadership and what seems to be no ability to inspire teammates.
I'd like to see one more year with cousins with this new coaching staff.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
What? Who is this? Show me your I.D.  What did you do with Glenn????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
What? Who is this? Show me your I.D.  What did you do with Glenn????
:crazy: :confused:                   :scratch: :bonk: :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 I was thinking the same thing FW, he musta been deep da kool-aid.. ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i figured i'd throw you guys off course!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i'll see this comingfootball season, but i think the past coaching staff had alot to do with the failures of this team!!!!!! :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it is all up from here with Kirk or not.  They may be able to pamper him into being more aggressive.  Really looking forward to it. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that Malik Willis ??sp  was throwing 60 yard passes accurately at the Combine.  The next best QB was throwing them short and his recievers had to stop and wait for the ball.  That make me more interested in him.  So let Kirk go to Denver or Pittsburgh along with K--aaron and maybe we could snag Willis in the draft.  Sounds like a fun scenario.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He's from a really small school & many think he needs to set a year, at least. Not many good QBs in this draft & most, if not all, will be gone in the 1st 8 picks. A lot of very good DL, OL, & WR this year though, is what McShay said this am.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just read that the Vikings got rid of there athletic trainer......this Sugarman????????? been with the club 16 years......think thats  :bs: but life goes on!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That surprises me.  I thought he was a pretty good at what he did.   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
There a few ex-players tweeting out now that Eric "Shoog" Sugarman wasn't such a great guy, but those players are only telling their side of the story.  Hard to know how these players treated the trainer.

Hey, if you're a decision maker in an NFL locker room for 16 years, you ain't going to make everyone happy all the time; especially in today's NFL where more and more players are trying to find their "voice" and build their "brand."

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Things are changing all of the time like it or not.  What used to work great may not work now I guess. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I just read that Malik Willis ??sp  was throwing 60 yard passes accurately at the Combine.  The next best QB was throwing them short and his recievers had to stop and wait for the ball.  That make me more interested in him.  So let Kirk go to Denver or Pittsburgh along with K--aaron and maybe we could snag Willis in the draft.  Sounds like a fun scenario.

Willis was lofting rainbows up and the receivers were running under them. Kind of like we use to do in the front yard. There are far better options floating around than Willis IMO. It's a terrible quarterback class from what i'm reading. With Erin back in GB the Vikings aren't beating the Packers anyway. Lets see what Glenns Cousin and a new offense can do. Why are we talking football in March?   :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093