Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517620 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well it looks like the Vikings dont have to worry about Davante Adams from the Packers ripping up the Vikings defense twice a year.....

he signs a record setting deal with the raiders for a tune of $141 mill!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!  He told the Pack he wouldn't play under the Franchise Tag and turned down a $23Mil / year offer.

Some guys just aren't satisfied until they get respected.

(I think it is a HUGE mistake to pay a receiver that much money, but maybe the Raiders can make it work.)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree.  He may not be as important as he thinks he is. It's easy to win our division.  May not be so easy where he is now.  So what is K-aaron going to do now? 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is K-aaron going to do now?
This...  :confused:

:cry: :queen: :cry:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Sure sounds like kicking the can down the road.

Question is.....How far can it be kicked before it bites you in the **s. They are close and basically not signing difference making free agents.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well it looks like the Vikings dont have to worry about Davante Adams from the Packers ripping up the Vikings defense twice a year.....

I read where GB offered him more $ & he said no. He said he wanted out & specified that he wanted to go to the Raiders because he went to college with Carr at Fresno St. The article also said K-aaron knew ALL of this when he signed his new deal. :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I read where GB offered him more $ & he said no. He said he wanted out & specified that he wanted to go to the Raiders because he went to college with Carr at Fresno St. The article also said K-aaron knew ALL of this when he signed his new deal. :scratch:
tells me Adams might of been tired of the selfish pig Erin!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I thought they were best buds!! :shocked: :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought they were tight too.  He did say he wasn't going play on the franchise tag all along and that is what they wanted to do.  So that is good news for us. May have been tired of K-aarons BS.  I don't see them being that good. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I thought they were best buds!! :shocked: :confused:
apparently not!!!!!! but maybe hanging around Erin he got money grubbin greedy like him. tends to rub off.  :rolleyes: besides maybe Adams might get to play in a few more playoff games with the raiders rather then the one and done in GB!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

hopefully there Oline feels the same way and they let the defense slap Erin around!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm not sure it's always about $ for ALL these guys, after a while. :confused: They know they have enough & want to have fun playing again & somewhere that they can win. Not like some pc of property. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/18/22, 08:47:49 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, who knows what these guys are thinking with all of the Monopoly money floating around.

What I think don't matter, but I think BOTH Kaaron and Devante are Alphas drama  :queen:'s who need to be validated and respected by making the MOST money - if only for a short time until the next big contract comes along.

Maybe Devante was smart.  If both he AND ARog were sucking up so much of the salary cap, the rest of the team was bound to be weaker.  If Devante wanted to get paid AND win, it probably was in his best interest to force a trade and go to a different team.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
May want his own identity without Rodgers influence. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
May want his own identity without Rodgers influence.
Yep, Alphas need to be Da Man!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The Vikings and receiver Adam Thielen agreed to restructure his contract, keeping him in Minnesota this coming season, his agent announced on Twitter. The reworked deal lowers the two-time Pro Bowler’s cap number this season and includes a $9 million signing bonus, a source told The Athletic.

Thielen included a video recorded message in the announcement letting fans know how happy he was to return.

“I guess you can’t get rid of me yet,” he said. “I’m super excited to be back in purple, to ultimately try to bring a championship to this city that so much deserves it.”

The Vikings have had a busy offseason, which included hiring a new general manager in Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and a new head coach, former Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell. Minnesota also gave quarterback Kirk Cousins a contract extension.

“So excited about the leadership and everything that’s being put in place in this organization,” Thielen said. “Can’t wait to get back to work and to really build on something special.”

The 31-year-old receiver has played all eight of his NFL seasons with the Vikings since signing with the franchise as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He played in 13 games last season and caught 67 passes for 726 yards and 10 touchdowns.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Now.....what about Hunter?????

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Watson just got traded to Cleveland. There is a new / special kind of puke coming to Ohio.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Watson just got traded to Cleveland. There is a new / special kind of puke coming to Ohio.
NFL team front offices are in the big business of winning football games.  I'll bet they often have to check their own scruples at the door and hold their noses for a bunch of stuff that happens in the locker room and away from the team facility.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The sports guy on WDIO out of Duluth called our new coach a "offensive guru" tonight. Who knew.   :cheesy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The sports guy on WDIO out of Duluth called our new coach a "offensive guru" tonight. Who knew.   :cheesy:
with cousins......we'll see!!!!!!!! :pouty: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

So was Chili...  :confused:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Zimmer was supposed to be a defensive guru. And their defense was 1 of the worst in the NFL. I think the Wilfs wanted a better offense and get the most out of Cousins.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He's still lookin for work too.....................isn't he? :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Even though Zim said he would like to coach this year I think he may have let his attitude darken his chances with many teams

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It might be good for him to take a year off IMO. :rolleyes:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ken.. wouldnt the 1st worst be the last not 1st??
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: It might be good for him to take a year off IMO. :rolleyes:
This is his girlfriend...   It would be VERY good for him to take a year off.   :sleazy:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken.. wouldnt the 1st worst be the last not 1st??

I said 1 of the worst. Not the  worst. They ranked 28th in passing defense and 26th in rushing defense. But did rank 2nd in sacks. Even w/o Hunter.
« Last Edit: March 03/19/22, 05:40:11 PM by KEN W »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Oh sorry thought u pulled a glenn
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"