Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 525867 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hes outa juice
:scratch: I'd be :shocked: if they brought him back for anything other than just to let him retire. Probably not even 1 carry IMO.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Would be a one day thing like Jarrod Allen's deal. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: I hadn't heard that but it looks like she's right. https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/adrian-peterson-says-he-wants-to-retire-as-a-minnesota-viking Sssssh!! ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
well the NFL and Vikings could set an example and say NO....... for what he did!!!!!! :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: yeah right!!  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/30/22, 08:54:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, that's goona be interesting to see how the handle that one.  Will they decide to have a ceremony on the field during a game?

Just because they do the one day contract, it doesn't mean they HAVE to make a big deal out of it.

But will they?   :confused:  And if they do, how will the fan's react?   :popcorn:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Would be a one day thing like Jarrod Allen's deal.
Odd I never even remember hearing about that. I did think it odd that I saw some Loto card at the Fleet Farm gas station with his picture as a Viking?  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Back when it happened the media sports guys made us think he really was coming back.  I remember talking to my brothers about whether he would be any good.  LOL  Then the next day they admitted it was a 1 day thing so he could retire as a Viking.  I don't care if the let Adrian or not.  I think he too was not treated the best as a child.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed LPS.  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
When it was reported AP beat is little boy with a switch I was done with him.

Me too :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikes resign CB Patrick Peterson. He said on a podcast on Wednesday he will sign a one-year deal to return to the team, which signed Peterson to a one-year, $8 million deal in free agency last year.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that Vegas has the Vikes at 8.5 wins so far for this season. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikes resign CB Patrick Peterson. He said on a podcast on Wednesday he will sign a one-year deal to return to the team, which signed Peterson to a one-year, $8 million deal in free agency last year.

Read somewhere that he said he could've got more $ but declined.  :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: April 04/01/22, 11:14:14 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who? Oh Peterson 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :oops1: Better?  :doofus: :bonk:                          ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that Vegas has the Vikes at 8.5 wins so far for this season.
That seems like a safe prognostication. 

They got rid of an obsolete-minded coach whose message had worn thin and replaced him with some new up-and-comers, but Kirk has had a new OC virtually ever year he has been here; maybe they expect it will take a season or so for the new system to click.

The Vikes seem to have kicked their salary cap problem can down the road another year, and even signed some good-on-paper free agents to short term deals this year.  But the defense was REALLY bad the last two years under a defense guru head coach.

I think the *new* Vikes are going to have to prove it before they get any respect from Vegas.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know they probably won't but I would like to see the Vikes take Willis QB with our first pick if he is still there.  Would be cheaper than if he was in first round.  Sure don't hear them talk much about Stanley or Mond.  Use them as trade bait. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard P.A., Charch, and the other talking heads flapping their gums about Willis too. 

Getting that extra 3rd rounder and moving up in the 2nd might give them the breathing space to draft a back-up QB to replace Mond & Manion, assuming the new regime rates Mond as low as Zim did.

And right before the Packers pick last night, P.A. was egging them on to draft Willis - just to piss off Rodgers - like they did when they drafted Love without KAaron's permission.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya wasn't even thinking of Mannion.  Now isn't that a wasted pick to hold Kirks hand on the sideline.  Make him pay for his own phycologist.  Just the fact that he is on the roster says something to me as to the abilities of the other two.  You can't be any worse than Mannion but he gets the nod over them???
« Last Edit: April 04/29/22, 12:39:24 PM by LPS »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Why use a pick on a guy who can't play?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hopefully tampa passes on that linebacker
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Which linebacker are you hoping is available?

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings trade down with Packers. Who took Watson WR from NDSU. They now have picks 56, 58, 66, and 77 all tonight.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Another trade back up with the Colts. Took CB from Clemson. Still have 2 picks left tonight.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Props to you Steve, how you can watch day 2 of a draft is beyond me. Vikings have absolutely no chance of me watching the draft on a Friday night when rasslin is on.   :happy1:

TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another trade back up with the Colts. Took CB from Clemson. Still have 2 picks left tonight.
A G from LSU & a ILB from OK were the other 2 picks. The CB could be a steal, if he can stay healthy. :cool: The LB is good on coverage & as an edge rusher but is undersized, so he often struggles against the run. The G wasn't rated to go that high is what I read, but we really need help there so................. :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/30/22, 05:56:16 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that the Guard was charged with molesting a minor.  Charges were later dropped.  Booth CB has a disease that affects the knees and has had a hernia each of the last two years.  He said he had played through injuries every year back to high school.  The LB we got last night is good I guess.  Cine from first night seems like the gem of this draft.  I was so looking forward to this draft and I feel like this is the most disappointed I have been after one.  I think Kewsi's analytics got him taken to the cleaners by GB and Det who got great picks from us.  We got the leftovers. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: From what I've read, I think the 1st 4 picks could all see some PT early. A couple of 'em may even see a lot right away, will watch & see. :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you are right Gunner.   :happy1:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Theres a method to his madness
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i periodically check on the draft, there's an offensive lineman thats from cold spring, played at NDSU thats expected to go somewhere the next few rounds. Matt Waletzko.. one prediction says the Vikings???/// 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!