Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518023 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
hey dutchy.......you buddy Paul Allen is calling the game on the #9.  :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:

I can't put into words my thoughts on that.   :puke:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey dutchy.......you buddy Paul Allen is calling the game on the #9.  :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:

I can't put into words my thoughts on that.   :puke:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mond looks way better then Mannion does at this point!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes he sure does.  Most of us could have done as good as Mannion.  Mond looks like he is coming around pretty good.  They need to dump Mannion to make room for another player. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I only seen part of the game as the remote was getting a workout. Did like what I saw from the WR from Ia & the RB from Ia St though. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Zim has a new job...

Mike Zimmer lands new job as NFL analyst

Mike Zimmer has a new job and it's not what you'd expect the longtime NFL coach to be doing. The 66-year-old former head coach of the Minnesota Vikings was announced Tuesday as the newest member of The 33rd Team.

Zimmer is listed as an "analyst" on the company website, joining the likes of former NFL coaches Bill Cowher, Bill Parcels, Marvin Lewis, Wade Phillips and others.

Ex-Vikings GM Rick Spielman is also an analyst. So is Brett Favre.

He will be contributing content/analysis for The33rdTeam.com.

Don't ask me who The33rdTeam.com is.   :confused:  Looks like they hire a bunch of old NFL guys on retainer to get quotes from them or something.   :scratch:

Or maybe he got that job too because of Parcels' recommendation.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/15/22, 09:52:49 AM by Steve-o »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
okkkk   :scratch:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered what the 33 thing was too.  ???

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.the33rdteam.com/

Looks like a way for ex-NFL players and coaches to express their thoughts and get paid for them instead of giving them away on Twitter or to sports/news interviews for free.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone see if the Vikings cut any players yet?

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Not yet.  They still have time until the deadline.

Roster cutdown dates follow each week of the preseason and are listed below:

Aug. 16: By 4:00 p.m. ET teams must reduce their active rosters to 85 players.

Aug. 23: By 4:00 p.m. ET teams must reduce their active rosters to 80 players.

Aug. 30: By 4:00 p.m. ET teams must reduce their active rosters to 53 players.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't think they will cut your Cousin Kirk until after August 23 at the earliest.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think they will cut your Cousin Kirk until after August 23 at the earliest.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I was thinking Mannion.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Zim has a new job...

Mike Zimmer lands new job as NFL analyst

But wait....  there's more!

Mike Zimmer lands on his feet

Zimmer will be going to work for coach Deion Sanders at Jackson State University, where HBCU Gameday is reporting that he’s accepted a job as an analyst on Sanders’ staff.

Sanders has made a big splash in the world of college football since taking over on the Jackson State sidelines before the 2021 season.
« Last Edit: August 08/17/22, 10:32:28 AM by Steve-o »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Vikings Announce 1st Wave of 2022 Roster Reductions   :coffee:

Waived:  FB Jake Bargas, OLB Andre Mintze
Waived/Injured:  DL Tyarise Stevenson, WR Thomas Hennigan
Contract Terminated/Vested Vet:  CB Tye Smith

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just heard that the Vikes just acquired Jake Mullins from the Raiders.  He was also with the 49ers and played backup to Garappalo so he got to play quite a bit when Jimmy was injured.  I think this is his 5th year and has a 60 something passing percentage.  We gave a 7th round pick for him. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard PA talking about that just now, too, but didn't have enough time in the car to listen to all his takes.

What a great deal for the Vikes.  They only have to give up a "7" and the get a bona fide back-up QB.

Spielman got lucky with Kapt. Kirk's durability.  And it looks like he wiffed on his attempt to draft Mond as a backup/future replacement for KK.

Sooner or later Kirk is going to miss some games and we're going to need a competent backup QB.  Like KFAN's Dan Berriero points out...  The Vikings two best seasons in recent memory came about with the backup QB at the helm. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Now taking bets to see who they cut on Aug 30:  Kellen Mond or Sean Mannion.  :popcorn:

A lot of teams like to only carry two quarterbacks on the active roster and try to squirrel-away a third on the practice squad.

Going into this preseason - many figured Mond would need to make the active squad or someone would claim him from the practice squad.   :doah:  After the first two pre-season games, I wonder if that is still a concern.   :scratch:

I'm bettin' they let Mannion go and take their chances with Mond on the practice squad.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
If they decide Mullins is their backup, they will release Mannion. Might as well keep the younger draft choice. Might not keep either one of them if they decide to go with Kirk and Mullins.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They better let Mannion.  Kirk can still pay him to hold the clip board for him without him being on the roster. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
So the Raiders new braintrust (Former Patriots) determined that a 7th round pick was better than outright releasing him. I have to think if the kid could play at all he would be worth more than a 7th.

Maybe i'm a bit cynical that this is any kind of deal that will improve anything.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they could have waited for cut day to try and pick up Mullins, but then some other team could have got him to.

And if the Raiders were willing to get rid of him, he clearly isn't a number 2.

Still, a "7" in 2024 isn't much to give up and on Mullins has more experience as a starter than Mannion and Mond, who are both still stinking it up.

CBS Sports graded the trade as a C+ for Raiders to get anything for a guy they would have cut anyway and a B for the Vikes for upgrading their backup QB - at least on paper.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who cares if we trade away a 7th round pick?  That is like free or no pick at all.  I think it is a positive thing and I hope he plays this last week of preseason.  The coaches are familiar with him it sounds like so that must mean something.  I was really hoping Mond would excel to make Zim eat his words but that hasn't happened yet. GO Mullen!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Anybody hear any snipets about the Vikings maybe shopping Mattson around????

Think he's on his last year of his contract and might wanna look for a place to start??

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that too.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mond & Mannion should get together and do whatever is necessary to keep Mullens from competing.
They can hide his uniform & equipment. Pay the O-linemen to miss key blocks. Lock him in the building when they go out to practice.
Dude is coming for their jobs. They gotta protect their turf.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Mond & Mannion should get together and do whatever is necessary to keep Mullens from competing.
They can hide his uniform & equipment. Pay the O-linemen to miss key blocks. Lock him in the building when they go out to practice.
Dude is coming for their jobs. They gotta protect their turf.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Maybe they should have played better last week when they scrimmaged with and played the 49ers.   :scratch:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn’t see the whole game, but from a QB standpoint, it was a real snoozer. There may be some hope for Mond with a lot of work and a lot of time, but I think Mannion needs to find a new profession—except he’s paid pretty well for a guy who doesn’t really have much responsibilities. Hope Mullins works out. Not a Cousins fan, overall, but he’s the best we’ve got. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday afternoon I was just going to take my nap and here the game was on Bally so I watched some of it.  After we scored a TD it got boring knowing we wouldn't score again so the nap did happen.