Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517729 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayhaps a bloody mary game.   :sleazy:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Against New Orleans.

With the hurricane hitting Tampa, The Bucks probably can't play The Chiefs there on Sunday night. Will then be moved to the Midwest. Probably Minneapolis.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Injury report...   :Photography:

Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell said Monday that running back Dalvin Cook is "day-to-day" but safety Harrison Smith has cleared concussion protocols and cornerback Andrew Booth, Jr., could return to practice this week.

"Cook's pretty sore today, but obviously something he's familiar with. He's tough, he's ready to try to get back out there and go, but we'll take it day-to-day," O'Connell said.

"Harrison will be, we think, pretty much ready to go," O'Connell said. "He's kind of cleared the protocols. We'll kind of limit his contact early on in the week, but the expectation is that Harry will be able to go in London."

Kinda cleared the protocols?   :confused:  Nothing wrong with wishful thinking, I guess.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Will Captain Kirk be NFC player of the week?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If so... musta been a slow week.  :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Blind squirrel finds a nut once on a while.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Doubtful,  way to much attention between Sharron Rodgers and Brady's game.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They better do something different for their 1st half pass defense as I think the last couple games Goff & Hurts have completed pretty close to 35 of their 1st 40 passes combined. :doah: 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikes are favored by 2.5 in Vegas so far. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Doubtful,  way to much attention between Sharron Rodgers and Brady's game.

If so... musta been a slow week.  :rotflmao:

Slow week indeed!  Who'da ever thunk this...  :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Good for Cordarrelle, I actually like him.  Just a good guy that can run like heck but can't remember routes. SO word on the street is that Winston has a bad back so Andy Dalton will be starting for him.  Michael Thomas didn't report for practice neither. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saints injury list is getting bigger I guess.  Kamara has bad ribs but my play. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Cook is back for the Vikes.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Eagles' Darius Slay reveals how he was able to shut down Justin Jefferson  :scratch:

"When you're a young and talented guy, man, you think everything works. I've played this game so long -- I know what you're gonna do. I know your tendencies, I know what you like the most," Slay said. "He had a lot of tales for me to steal on film. Young guys don't see, but I see that because I like to watch film a lot. Every tale I did was truthful.

"The first pass breakup I had, it made me confirm that's what he does. That early? It's gonna be a long night for anybody. No matter what type of talent you have or how much better you feel like you are than me, that means I really got your tale on what you do.

"What I watched on film and what I watch how his release is ... that's why I made the plays I did."
  :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man talk about stressful.  That was a lot of mental work to get through that. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Could very easily have lost. :pouty: :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they were darn lucky on that last field goal
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :thumbs: No NFL Network here!!!  :pouty:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
We were able to stream it on Dish Network. You didn’t miss a good performance, Gunner. Defense needs work, and the offense certainly didn’t play up to expectations. It was good to see Thielen get some action, though. He was neglected in the last couple games.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We were able to stream it on Dish Network. You didn’t miss a good performance, Gunner. Defense needs work, and the offense certainly didn’t play up to expectations. It was good to see Thielen get some action, though. He was neglected in the last couple games.
I see Dish and ESPN are arguing over money now! :confused: no Monday night football for me!! :confused: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Why dont yu read? Increase your intellegence.....wait....a rock absorbs nuthing...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings provide positive update on gruesome Lewis Cine injury

"According to Minnesota head coach Kevin O’Connell on Sunday, Cine suffered a “significant fractured ankle” against New Orleans."

That's bad enough.  I was afraid it was way worse.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Dish and ESPN are arguing over money now! :confused: no Monday night football for me!! :confused: :pouty:

I quit Dish when they refused to carry the Fox Sports North channel.....now Bally Sports.
Couldn't watch the Twins, Wild, Timberwolves etc for almost a year until the stupid contract ran out, I changed the next day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Guess we got ESPN today.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I dropped Dish too when Bally bought FSN.  Went to the local cable company that had it.   I told them if you get me hooked up by the weekend I will switch.  They were here on Friday. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Minnesota Vikings Update on Lewis Cine

Lewis Cine underwent successful surgery today to repair the compound fracture he suffered during Sunday's game. The surgery was performed by Dr. Aswinkumar (Ash) Vasireddy, the Orthopedic Trauma Group Lead Surgeon at Cleveland Clinic London.

Lewis will remain in London to continue his initial recovery process before returning to Minnesota at the appropriate time. A member of the Vikings medical staff will also stay in London until Lewis returns. Head Coach Kevin O'Connell and members of the Vikings organization have been in constant communication with Lewis, who is in great spirits.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday when Wright muffed that kick the whole game turned around.  Luckily we turned it around.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Dantzler not quitting on the play & getting up to rip the ball away from Marsette after he had been beat was the play of the game IMO. :happy1: :cool:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wright will come back strong and yes I really like Dantzler.  He is a young tough guy.  Like a junior Harrison Smith. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was listening to Vikings FanLine on KFAN after the game.

Fans were ripping on the defense - especially the secondary - for giving up so many easy passing yards against supposedly "below average" quarterbacks.  Ron Johnson was defending they players individually when the fans ripped them, but they are going to play more than "shell coverage" if they expect to sustain the success so far.

Yeah, Dantzler is giving 110%.  That is what effort looks like when you don't spend all week in the doghouse.  You see guys banging and ripping and tearing at the ball all the time on tackles, but you rarely see take-aways like that one.  As P.A. would say:  Well done, young man!  Well done!