Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517566 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was just catching up.  So Glenn you don't even have Netflix?  We know you don't have access to Amazon movies.  Do you have cable TV or Dish or do you just use rabbit ears.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:happy1: :cool:            ;)  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                      :scratch: So, are you gonna watch Kapt. Kirk's new show, LPS? ;)  :laugh: :laugh:  Maybe you got it set to record already.  :confused:  :rolleyes: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Not set to watch but if it was on right in front of me I would have to watch it I suppose now that you brought it up Gunner. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck, I'll make a point of watching it.  I was certainly hoping for a better season from Kirk Kousins with Zimmer gone - and you can't argue with the results.

I think the Zimmer/Spielman tension was more toxic than we realize and that is why the Vikings D bottomed out - even under the master guru, Mike Zimmer.  Let see if Adofo-Mensah can build it back before the window closes on the offense .  I'm worried that making Justin Jefferson one the the highest paid receivers in the league is going to make that job harder.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Make JJ a player coach. There is no limit what you can pay coaches. Pay him $20 million a year to play and another $10-$20 million to coach. That would blow some minds around the NFL.   ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Make JJ a player coach. There is no limit what you can pay coaches. Pay him $20 million a year to play and another $10-$20 million to coach. That would blow some minds around the NFL.   ;)
Like Cris Carter 'n Denny Green?  It's been a long time now, but wasn't CC one of Denny's faves and all the other players used to call him Coach Carter for all the special treatment he would get?  I think there was something like that.  Mike Morris used to tell stories on the radio when he was on KFAN.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: If they give Cousins $35-40 mil & JJ gets Tyreek Hill type $, $30 mil, that don't leave much for the other 54 guys. :confused:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Defer Kirks money out over 10 years.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Brady took a pay cut down to $25 mill for 3 years so the team could afford to get right.  Quirk has not given away one cent to the Vikes in his time here.  This is his last season.  He is good but will never be great.  He just saw his best year.  Won't happen again I don't think.  If he doesn't waver from the $35 I would make this his last year.  I don't know who we would get as an option but that doesn't really scare me.  Will be fun to see change.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
You don't roll the Brinks truck up to JJ's house and then get rid of the only guy around who can throw to him. If you don't want to pay Kirk than trade JJ.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Theyll trad for a top pick, take a QB 1st chance they get to be menterd by kirky then let him go next year
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He'll sign another 2-3 year deal for $35-40 million/year & a lot of that will be a signing bonus IMO. They can then defer that about however they want. Erin's cap hit next season is $59.5 million.  :crazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/01/23, 09:18:36 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun article. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well that was a whole lot of nothing.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea i've been kinda following this. he may be a team player of sorts, but when it comes to helping the team from the money end,,,,,,,,,its all about him.  :confused:

now totally understand he needs to take care of him and look out for his best interests, at this point how much more cash does the guy need to live. unless theres something out there thats not been told.....i havent seen him help the team whatsoever when it comes to freeing up money!!!

the other think thats confusing to me is teams kicking the can down the road? :scratch: how ofetn can a team sign players for all this money then resturcture it to fit the cap. at what point does it bite the team in the  :moon: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea thats been around for a while!!!!! it probably took a while to get to iowa!!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Lets remember that Cousins is the guy responsible for the large quarterback contracts. When in Washington he refused to sign extensions, we would play under the Franchise Tag which he did for two years. You will never get a team friendly deal from him. He understands the economics of the NFL as well as anybody. He knows there aren't many high quality quarterbacks once you get outside the top 15.

Another thing....Borrows, Jackson, Hebert are all going to break the bank with their new deals. Kirk is going to get paid, either with the Vikings or elsewhere.

Glenn as far as the cap goes they kick the can because the cap keeps going up. Once it quits going up many teams will be in trouble. Or I should say players will be in trouble. The teams will never take the financial hit, they will release players.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thats the thing. when i was negotiating contracts........when it was agreed upon and passed, that was an agreement reached by both parties. and you dealt with it for the duration of that agreement. these parties agree to such and such and a year or 2 later they change things around.

i understand its like an apple/orange comparison and it must be legit or they wouldnt be allowed to do it.......

i also thought that the salary cap  took some hits because of the rona and no fans money coming in????

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The NFL is all about TV & streaming rights. They don't give 2 poops about fans, they only pay for the stadiums.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/new-wrinkle-for-kirk :confused:

yea i've been kinda following this. he may be a team player of sorts, but when it comes to helping the team from the money end,,,,,,,,,its all about him.

We'll see if Kapt. Kirk is willing to help the team that made him a multi-millionaire.  If not, I think Kwesi looks to trade him with 1 year left.

I gotta fix one thing from the article, though...

Cousins is the NFL’s ninth highest-paid quarterback as of March 1st, earning $35 million per season via annual average salary. He’s expensive, and the Vikings have reached the postseason just twice in five years on Cousins’ once in four years on Zimmer's watch .

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Derek Carr, who is about as average a quarterback as you can get is on a tour of teams now. If he is in demand it tells you the sad state of quarterbacking in the NFL.

When Kirk is gone the Vikings will go right back into the abyss again.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Lets remember that Cousins is the guy responsible for the large quarterback contracts.
If it wasn't Kirk, it would have been someone else.

You will never get a team friendly deal from him. He understands the economics of the NFL as well as anybody. ... Kirk is going to get paid, either with the Vikings or elsewhere.
Yes, he will get paid, but not as a Top 5 QB with his 9th place ranking.  Plus, the Vikes are looking for flexibility, and Kirk owes them that after all the guaranteed money he got.  Washington screwed him, not the Vikes.  We'll see, but I don't think the Vikes need to overpay Kirk now after all they've done for him.  :popcorn:

Once [the cap] quits going up many teams will be in trouble.
That is what hamstrung the MN Wild after they paid big bucks to Parise and Sutter.  The cap froze and the didn't have any money to pay players and make moves after those two guys got all the big money.  :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yea thats been around for a while!!!!! it probably took a while to get to iowa!!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:
  :taz: :banghead: training-087 I'm not in Iowa & if you look, that pc says March 1, 2023 on it.  :moon:
« Last Edit: March 03/01/23, 11:00:00 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :taz: :banghead: training-087 I'm not in Iowa & if you look, that pc says March 1, 2023 on it.  :moon:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                 :sleazy: :mooning: :evil:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Kirk owes the Vikings nothing.
The Vikings owe Kirk fair market value.
Any money Kirk made in Washington has nothing to do with anything.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Yeah, not a whole lot new there. But I thought it worked perfectly......................well almost ;)................in that it helped kick start 13 new posts on the Vikings. About the only drawback is the extra heavy dose of :blablabla: :blablabla: coming from Stearns County  :doah:.........................again. :pouty:   :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/02/23, 05:42:49 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Derek Carr, who is about as average a quarterback as you can get is on a tour of teams now. If he is in demand it tells you the sad state of quarterbacking in the NFL.

When Kirk is gone the Vikings will go right back into the abyss again.
I read somewhere that Carr was due to make $40.5 million this season if he stayed with the Raiders & with the season he had they wanted to give their young guy from Auburn a shot. Now, it sounds like him & NO could get together. :scratch: Wonder what kind of $ he'll be able to get there. :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting... the NFL Players Association did a survey and ranked teams - report cards on each team treated their players.  I was kinda surprised to see the Patriots, Bengals and Chiefs so far down the list.   :scratch:

NFL Players Association team report cards: Commanders get failing grade, Vikings ranked No. 1  :cheerleader:

After getting responses from nearly 1,300 NFL players this year, the NFL Players Association has put together its first-ever team report cards from players who evaluate all clubs' treatment of players.

When the survey results are released Wednesday afternoon, players and teams will learn that the Washington Commanders rank last in the NFL in this first-ever report card.

Those categories include: treatment of families, food service/nutrition, weight room, strength coaches, training room, training staff, locker room and team travel.

• Vikings
  • Dolphins
  • Raiders
  • Texans
  • Cowboys
  • Packers
  • 49ers
  • Giants
  • Bills
  • Saints
  • Seahawks
  • Panthers
  • Bears
  • Eagles
  • Lions
  • Colts
  • Ravens
  • Titans
  • Jets
  • Broncos
  • Browns
  • Steelers
  • Falcons
  • Patriots
  • Rams
  • Bucs
  • Bengals
  • Jaguars
  • Chiefs
  • Chargers
  • Cardinals
  • Commanders

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like the Vikings cut Eric Kendricks loose today!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Adofo-Mensah needs to start earning his money.

Kendricks was entering the final year of his contract with no guaranteed money left. Releasing the 31-year-old saves the Vikes $9.5 million on the salary cap.

Sitting at $24.424 million above the cap threshold before the Kendricks move, per Over The Cap, Minnesota must shed salaries before the start of the new league year on March 15.

Cutting Kendricks is a painful pill for Vikings fans to swallow. A sideline-to-sideline maven, Kendricks has started 113 games over eight seasons since being selected in the second round. At his peak, Kendricks was one of the most disruptive off-ball linebackers in the NFL, earning first-team All-Pro honors in 2019. While he fell off in coverage a bit in 2022, the linebacker still snagged 137 tackles, and six passes defensed in 17 games.

The other thing I read is that the "experts" say there will be lots of off-ball linebackers available in free agency this year who will be cheaper than Kendricks.
« Last Edit: March 03/06/23, 02:37:37 PM by Steve-o »