Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518019 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's speculation that the salary caps are going to increase in the coming years so there pushing a lot of that money out!
The only year it hasn't went up was 2021 & that's because of Covid, there was no 1 in the stands the year before. So every team's revenue went down.
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 05:16:24 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Vikings resign Matteson, never expected that. Makes me think Cook is gone!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good possibility.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 His cap # for this season is > $14 million & his dead cap #, if he's cut before 6/1 is > $8. Been some rumors of other teams asking about him too. So, they might be able to trade him, but he had shoulder surgery this off season & that probably decreases the chances of a trade for now. :scratch: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/vikings_bring_back_alexander_mattison_will_dalvin_cook_eventually_be_traded/s1_16715_38585774 
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 05:52:54 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They said they are shopping Cook around and had an inquiry or two but no deals yet.  Good guy but we need to cut some money. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Hurt & too expensive, I'm afraid they're probably stuck with him. At least, for 1 more year. :rolleyes:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, rock and a hard place.  Still, Cookie is one tough son of a gun to have played thru all that pain. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 He has good hands & is surprisingly fast for his size too. Just about every time he catches a screen pass he's a threat to score if he can make that 1st guy miss.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
His cap # for this season is > $14 million & his dead cap #, if he's cut before 6/1 is > $8.
So it costs 14M to keep him and 8M to cut him...  But if they cut him, they have 6M to sign other players. 

They signed Matteson, the heir apparent.  They could draft a cheap back-up replacement and have probably 5.5M leftover to sign someone else.

Still, I want one more year of Cook.  I'm thinking he still has something in the tank.

But if it is the question of having two #1 running backs or one #1 running back and a skilled veteran starter at another position of need - that is where the Vikings business decision comes in.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Having $20 mil tied up in 2 RBs isn't something most NFL teams are willing to do very often these days either. :scratch: I read 1 pc that said they may try to run the ball a little more this season in an effort to help the D. According to them, that might be why they picked up the best run blocking TE in the league. Only 4 teams threw the ball more often than the Vikes last season & guess who they were..........KC, SD, Cinn, & TB. A lot of people believe that Cousins does play action best anyway. :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 12:05:18 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I read 1 pc that said they may try to run the ball a little more this season in an effort to help the D.
So why the heck DIDN'T the Vikes run more last year?  :confused:
Wasn't KOC calling the plays?    :scratch:
Didn't they already have Cookie and Matteson?!?  :doah:
Didn't the D need more help last year too?   :angry:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Because that was too much like the guy that was just fired & nobody liked??? :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 02:12:16 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I read 1 pc that said they may try to run the ball a little more this season in an effort to help the D.
look at all the close games.....and most times they were behind and pulled it off at the end!!!!! datz why!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Because they have #18, might have something to do with it too. :rolleyes:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
look at all the close games.....and most times they were behind and pulled it off at the end!!!!! datz why!!!!!!! :happy1:
Good point...  But what makes the Vikes think they will have more comfortable leads next year?   :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

They'll be passing the ball again next year til Kirk's arm falls off.  God bless 'em, however, if they can run more early to make Play Action work more often.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good news.  Harrison Smith took about a 6 million pay cut to stay with the Vikes.  He had other teams that wanted him too. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen that earlier too, but didn't read it to get the specifics. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 05:08:11 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good news.  Harrison Smith took about a 6 million pay cut to stay with the Vikes.  He had other teams that wanted him too.
I shake my head with all this Monopoly money.  :bonk:  He took a $6 Million pay CUT, but will still receive at least $8M to stay.

There is WAY too much money in professional sports for anyone's good.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I shake my head with all this Monopoly money.  :bonk:  He took a $6 Million pay CUT, but will still receive at least $8M to stay.

There is WAY too much money in professional sports for anyone's good.
yea i definitely went intro the wrong line of work!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 The NBA is worse, there's a lot of guys making right around $50 mil/year. :crazy:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Not sure about him.....age catching up. Slower than he used to be.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope he does good for one more year.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I think he’s still has enough value to keep him around, especially with a pretty weak overall defense.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I see they signed the #2 center to a new deal yday too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 With Tomlinson signing with the Browns they needed help at DT. Bullard also played a lot of minutes last season & he's a FA too. I read another pc that said because he was hurt & didn't play much last season it's a very team friendly deal. Even if he's not with the team next season, the overall costs of his deal aren't too bad. On top of all that, they got him from GB. :cool:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I see there's ~ a $3 million dead cap hit if he's not with the team next year which most probably consider very doable. Along with the $4.25 million/year for a guy that typically plays a lot of minutes sounds awfully good to me. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'd like to see 'em sign some more help on OL, our guards were pretty weak last season. Especially Cleveland, as he graded out as 1 of the worst at his position in the league for pass blocking. :pouty:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
5 biggest Vikings needs after the first wave of free agency in 2023 (by some blogger... :scratch: )

1. Defensive Line
2. Wide Receiver
3. Cornerback
4. Inside Linebacker
5. Edge

I gotta disagree with this guy too.  There is NO WAY wide receiver is the 2nd biggest need on this team.  They need defense, defense, and MORE defense.  :happy1: