Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517747 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: McShay & Kiper have 'em going after a CB with their 1st pick https://www.vikings.com/news/2023-mock-nfl-draft-tracker-5  :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw a thing and it showed Theilen saying "now maybe I can win a Super Bowl."  LOLOL   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I don't think it was so much a shot at the Vikings as it was comments intended to warm up to his new team.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
it was about the money......but i read it wasnt all that good !!!!!!!

now i read a blurb the Vikings are talking to Micole Hardman from the chiefs!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thielen was set to make $14.4 with the Vikings & will get $8.3 now.
« Last Edit: March 03/21/23, 11:20:34 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The big question is...  what did the Vikings offering him to re-negotiate his deal again?  I'm not sure if we ever saw that.

And for the record...  I'm OK if we never know.  If we don't find out, that means the Vikings organization, Adam Thielen, and his agent all bargained in good faith and did NOT leak any details to the so-called NFL "insiders" to try and gain leverage.

Am I curious?  Yes.  Is it my business?  No.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: If this is right, I'm not certain it ever even got that far Steve-0.  :confused: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10068259-adam-thielen-released-from-vikings-contract-ahead-of-2023-nfl-free-agency
Yeah, you're right.  I remember reading that.  So basically Thielen was a cap casualty.  They had already re-worked his deal once, and so trying to push those dollars out any farther probably didn't make any sense.  In order for it to work for the Vikings from a numbers standpoint - they must have decided to not insult him with a super low ball offer.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :Clap: He'll be back when he's ready to retire IMO. They'll give him a 1 day contract so he can retire as a Viking. The Ring of Honor will follow after that & I could even see 'em retiring his # too, eventually. :cool:
« Last Edit: March 03/21/23, 10:08:48 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/22/23, 07:16:40 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings Agree to Terms with Linebacker Troy Reeder & Wide Receiver Brandon Powell

The Vikings on Wednesday announced they have agreed to terms with former Rams linebacker Troy Reeder and receiver Brandon Powell, who helped Los Angeles win Super Bowl LVI.

The deals reconnect Reeder and Powell with Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell, who overlapped in L.A. with Reeder from 2020-21 and with Powell in 2021.

Time will tell if these guys will be starters for the Vikes, but they certainly add depth to two positions of need.

5 biggest Vikings needs after the first wave of free agency in 2023 (by some blogger... :scratch: )

1. Defensive Line
2. Wide Receiver
3. Cornerback
4. Inside Linebacker
5. Edge

I gotta disagree with this guy too.  There is NO WAY wide receiver is the 2nd biggest need on this team.  They need defense, defense, and MORE defense.  :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings Signing FB C.J. Ham To Two-Year Extension

Ham, one of the best fullbacks in the league, will remain in Minnesota for a few more seasons.

:party3: :party3: :party3:

They always talk about Thielen's Minnesota-based back story, but they don't talk so much about C.J. Ham!

A native of Duluth, MN, Ham is a great underdog story. He played his college ball as a running back at D-III Augustana in South Dakota, also shining in track and field. In 2016, he was a tryout player at Vikings minicamp and impressed enough to earn a contract, spending his rookie season on Minnesota's practice squad. The following year, he switched his position to fullback, and he's been on the Vikings' roster ever since.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/22/23, 06:19:20 PM by Steve-o »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
awesome sauce!!!!!!!! i also seen where they signed some blandon i think from the rams!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
awesome sauce!!!!!!!! i also seen where they signed some blandon i think from the rams!!!!!
  :scratch: Steve-o's post before the C.J. Ham 1 mentions him :rolleyes:, & from what I gathered from reading the link, he's mostly a return guy. He's only caught 47 passes in 4 years but has almost 115 kick & punt returns.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Steve-o's post before the C.J. Ham 1 mentions him :rolleyes:, & from what I gathered from reading the link, he's mostly a return guy. He's only caught 47 passes in 4 years but has almost 115 kick & punt returns.
Hopefully, KOC's past experience with him leads him to think that he is on a trajectory to be a starter, or at least will add depth for the right price.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, KOC knowing him is a plus but I'm not so certain about the starter's role. :scratch: I hope so, but I'm pretty sure 1 of our return guys coughed up the ball more than they liked last season, so I can see him adding value there right away. The LB has been mostly a Special Team's guy too, but it would be great to see Flores find a spot where he can get on the field more & help in the new D, as well.
« Last Edit: March 03/23/23, 11:14:47 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was just going to post that.  That's too bad.  He was a bright spot on our D last year.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that Cousins offered to take a discounted deal with the Vikes for an extension and the Vikes turned it down. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Really. Bad sign for Captain Kirk.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He wanted a 3 year fully guaranteed deal but the Vikings didn't want to commit to that long. But according to this, they still could. https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/report-vikings-declined-discount-kirk-cousins-wanted-3-year-guarantee :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/28/23, 08:05:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
think there looking for the future at QB, cousin Kirks time here is numbered me thinks. :scratch:

i keep reading articles about the Vikings talking to Micole Hartman as an additional wide reciever. he was pretty good with KC!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Just like your Inger story ;) :smiley:..........................you should get your facts straight. :doofus: https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/aaron-rodgers-new-york-jets-trade-elijah-moore-sign-kansas-city-chiefs-mecole-hardman-georgia-browns-falcons-free-agency
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i just read something about Hardman this morning.......must be slow to update there gossip!!!!!!!

oh  :tut: mu Inger story is spot on!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not sure how many QBs have/are getting fully guaranteed contracts since Kapt. Kirk got is with the Vikings. 

Bully for Adofo-Mensah for not overpaying for slightly above average QB performance - even if there are no replacement options immediately on the table.  That is the thing about the NFL...  Next man up.  There is always someone younger, faster, bigger, stronger that is working harder to take your job from you.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well put SO.  Yes he is good and pretty accurate but just doesn't have the "it" factor.  Boring just doesn't get it done in the NFL.  KO got Kirk to throw to JJ even when he was covered and it worked great.  JJ caught most of those passes.  Then the last 2 or 3 games Kirk went back to his wait till they are open passing and it all went down hill.  He just doesn't have "it".