Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517698 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
From my layman view of things I like the Levis guy.  See the arms on him?  He is a tough guy with a good arm.  Needs work of course but I like him.  They said he may be able to do some wild cat plays the first year behind Kirk.  He also is a good QB sneak at the goal line candidate. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Kiper & McShay both have the top 4 QBs all gone in the 1st 5 picks, as Arizona(# 3) is the only 1 out those that doesn't need a QB. Carolina, Texans, Colts, & Seahawks all want a QB. https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football-picks/2023-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-predictions
« Last Edit: March 03/28/23, 11:10:30 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/28/23, 10:50:27 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
From my layman view of things I like the Levis guy.  See the arms on him?  He is a tough guy with a good arm.  Needs work of course but I like him.  They said he may be able to do some wild cat plays the first year behind Kirk.  He also is a good QB sneak at the goal line candidate.
If they put Kirk's run-capable back-up in the game on 3rd and 1 from the goal line, can you actually call it a QB sneak if everyone knows what's coming?   :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good point.   :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not sure how many QBs have/are getting fully guaranteed contracts since Kapt. Kirk got is with the Vikings... 
Spotrac.com NFL Salary Rankings

Turns out this site will tell you how many guaranteed contracts there are if you sort on %GTD.  It looks like there are only 128 fully guaranteed contracts in the NFL amongst about 2,000 players in the NFL.

There are 16 QBs on the list of 100% guaranteed contracts, and Washington's Jacoby Brissett is close at 93.75%.    And guys like Baker Mayfield, Jamis Winston, Gardner Minshew, and Joshua Dobbs are all 100% guaranteed, but at less that $4 million.

Vikings with guaranteed contracts:
  • Kirk Cousins - $35M (2023 is the last year of his deal)
  • T.J. Hockenson - $19.8M
  • Christian Darrisaw - $13.3M
  • Jalen Reagor - $13.2M
  • Justin Jefferson - $13.1 (That's goona go up this year)
  • Lewis Cine - $11.5M
  • Oli Udoh - $2.5M
There's a couple of other guys in the 90% guarantee range and the kicker Greg Joseph is at $1.7M guaranteed at 85%.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
If they put Kirk's run-capable back-up in the game on 3rd and 1 from the goal line, can you actually call it a QB sneak if everyone knows what's coming?   :scratch:
maybe if they do it the Philadelphia Eagles style!!!!!! :happy1: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe if they do it the Philadelphia Eagles style!!!!!! :happy1: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
Don't remind me!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings Roundup

Irv Smith Jr. believes he could be missing piece to a Super Bowl for Bengals G'luck.  :scratch:

Throw $#!T up on the wall and see what sticks.  :coffee: The 6 Possible Trades in the Vikings Orbit Right Now
  • 6. Lamar Jackson to MIN
  • 5. Trey Lance to MIN
  • 4. Trade Up in Draft for QB
  • 3. Trade Za’Darius Smith Elsewhere
  • 2. Trade Dalvin Cook Elsewhere
  • 1. Trade Down from 23rd Draft Pick

NFC North free agency grades  :doah: Looks pretty accurate to me.
  • Bears:  A
  • Detroit:  A
  • Packers:  TBD (Pending the EErin Rodgers situation)
  • Vikings:  C+

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: because its April fools i aint buying into this on freakin bit. but there's an article out there that saying the Vikings and cousin kirk struck a new deal......... so it wont hurt the salary cap........now he gets some guaranteed money but his extension will get paid in Kohls cash!!!! :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard it was with Amazon and Walmart credits and he couldn't turn it down.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that too.  So a 1 billion dollar stadium needs a quarter of a billion in repairs already.  There was a mil or two of warranty repairs the second year too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That article didn't go into many details.  I worry about what "worn" could mean from an architecture standpoint.   

If that building is "Fair" to "Worn" after 8 years, seems to me there were serious flaws in the design.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
"Apparently, at the scouting combine there was some chatter, there was some noise, among people within the broader league structure, not the media, but people in the league about Cousins being traded to the 49ers. That was a hot topic at one point in Indianapolis," said Mike Florio. The segment was discussing 49ers QB Trey Lance needing a new start.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
More mud against the wall hoping something sticks.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That has been brought up a number of times and with Cousins relationship with Shanahan seems like a possibility. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so....when exactly is the draft??????? :doofus: all these mock draft articles are getting a little old and redundant!!!!!!! :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 The 1st Rd is 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone remember Trea Wayne's??? Didn't know where to really put this, he's a former Viking but it involves hunting . Guess he retired, but he bought a bunch of land and turned it into a business. Called Home Grown Hunting. A heck of a story.

I'm sure on of my web searching friends here will hunt the article down a post it!! :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Thats a cool article!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats a cool article!
:happy1: :happy1: and it aint even in boaraneze!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikes sign a new corner back formerly of the Patriots.

5 Things to Know About New Vikings CB Joejuan Williams

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same recipe as they've used on a few other FAs this offseason. Good guys who have played well almost all of their careers but were hurt last season & didn't play much. So, they're probably able to sign 'em at a bit of a discount. Belichick knows how to develope good young CBs too. :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Most were pretty high draft picks too. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/26/23, 08:02:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard that on the news a bit ago
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!