Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517607 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good move.  Nice to get those picks too.  No sense in keeping someone around if they don't want to be here.  Now the Dalvin situation needs to be resolved.  I read they were talking somewhere about Matison being our guy so what is Dalvin thinking about that.  Too bad but we have paid him way too much for a RB.  Sure a nice guy but we can't afford him. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: :doah: he must of been a real PITA. i'd think he'd have more value then 2 5th round picks???????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."

1.) he most likely wouldn’t have played for them
2.) they add needed picks
3.) they dump his contract so they can pay Addison and McBride
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think its amazing how much highly skilled veterans AREN'T worth.  Maybe his best years are behind him, but he is still good when he wants to be.

So the Browns get Smith and all we get back is to trade/exchange a 6th round pick for a 5th and a 7th round pick for another 5th.  :doah:  You'd think he'd be worth two 5th rounders straight up, but what do I know.   :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I kind of thought that too.  Must have just been glad to find a trade partner for him.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Thought I read where they're still responsible for some of his contract too, so............................................ :rolleyes: :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Media reports that the Vikings signed Addison on Wednesday. It’s a four-year deal worth over $13.73 million with a team option for a fifth season.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a little more than Jefferson got for his rookie deal.

Now Jefferson is in the 4th year of his rookie deal, with a Vikings team option on the 5th and Jefferson - as one of the best receivers in the league - is looking to renegotiate. 

I hope Addison pans out, Jefferson stays, and they find a long-term solution at QB.  Is that too much to ask?   :confused:

Offline Munk

• Outdoorsman
With Kendricks now gone, I wish they would have drafted my nephew last year. Falcons took him and he already worked in to the starting position.#44 Troy Andersen

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he looks like a solid player!!!  :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikings have added a receiver from the XFL.

Minnesota announced on Tuesday that the club has signed Dontavian “Lucky” Jackson.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey anyone called "lucky" is worth a shot anyways. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Really good stats in the XFL......5th in league in yds and TD's.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would love to see him come here and fit right in and have a great time! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Only 36 catches last season, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. He did have a big year, 94/1133, as a Senior in college though. Worth giving a shot, hard to be too deep at that spot. :cool:
« Last Edit: May 05/23/23, 11:06:52 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn't look like Cook will be a Vike much longer. He has not been at organized practices. He can be cut in a week on June 1 and the team can save 9 million in CAP space.
« Last Edit: May 05/24/23, 08:20:56 AM by KEN W »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It's a brutal business.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's why nobody wanted to talk about a trade for him. The price tag will be quite a bit less after 6/1, he'll sign somewhere, that shoulder has been an issue a couple times in the last 3-4 seasons though.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He has been practicing with some of the Miami guys this offseason. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
ouch just read that Ben Ellifson is retiring from the Vikings at age 26. he played at north dakota stats and was from Hawley Mn.

article said injuries are his reasons!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Prolly a good decision for that young man.  Different guys react differently to the accumulating wear and tear of football.  Good for him to get out while the getting is good.  He probably has a nice nest egg of a couple/few $Mil in the bank to get his life started, and if he invests wisely, ought to be all set.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice to see a MN guy make it for a few years on the Vikes. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
One native MN, ND-grad leaves, another one arrives...

Vikings Sign rookie WR Garett Maag

The Minnesota Vikings signed wide receiver Garett Maag out of North Dakota.  The roster spot was made available with the retirement of tight end Ben Ellefson earlier in the day on Thursday.

Maag’s size at six-foot-four and 210 lbs. paired with his ability have made him a hot commodity since finishing his career as a Fighting Hawk. The former fifth-year senior was invited to multiple rookie camps including the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles.

He was listed by Fowler as a “sleeper to watch” before the draft due to his gaudy measurables at his pro day.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The situation with Minnesota Vikings pass rusher Danielle Hunter is getting more complicated. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, teams are calling about a potential trade for Hunter and they have been for some time.

He's still only 28 years old. But slightly injury prone. The best time to trade him would have been right before the draft. Only suppose to make about $5 million next season. Really affordable.
« Last Edit: June 06/07/23, 06:13:09 PM by KEN W »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Hawley Minn own......After retiring from the Minnesota Vikings as a player, former tight end Ben Ellefson isn’t leaving the team. According to head coach Kevin O’Connell, Ellefson will be moving into a hybrid role described as “some coaching, maybe scouting, maybe player engagement.”

I moved here after he graduated from HS here.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they traded Hunter.  He has sucked enough money from us.  Especially two years fully paid and not playing.  His output has really gone down too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they always seem to forget that part when they want to renegotiate their deals.  And way too many guys demanding trades in the NFL.  Its turning into what they got in the NBA.   

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
What are the Vikings doing?

It’s a question many will be asking as the news spreads that running back Dalvin Cook will be released on Friday.

"It feels like just another day in purple purgatory, where being just good enough is always good enough, and where loyal fans will be lured to fill the stands and buy the merch not by the reality of a championship, run but by the consistently fleeting, false hope of one."
« Last Edit: June 06/08/23, 11:27:55 AM by KEN W »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Belichick would have traded Cook last year - while he still had some value.  Vikes couldn't trade him this year because a) no one wanted his current contract and b) why give something to the Vikes for Cook when he will be available as a released free agent anyway.

As a fan, I love Cook and I'd like to see him be a Viking till the end.  But RBs pretty much have the shortest shelf life of all NFL players.  Being a "skilled" position, they want to be paid, but their window of maximum productivity is the smallest.  Bottom line is the Vikes think they have someone who is almost as good for a lot less money.

Whether cook stays or goes this season won't be the reason they don't win a Superbowl (again).  I haven't seen anything to believe they will be better on defense this year to make me feel good about their chances.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Cutting him frees up money to give to Jefferson.