Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 602144 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As in Prima-Donna

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Harrison Phillips got a new deal yday, it's for 2 years & worth at least $13 mil but could be worth as much as 19 mil. :happy1: https://www.vikings.com/news/harrison-phillips-contract-extension-agree-to-terms2024
« Last Edit: September 09/11/24, 07:20:24 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't resist.  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Addison might not be able to go on Sunday.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
 :Photography:  This just in...  Addison out.   :pouty:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure could use Hockinson bout now.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hockenson will miss at least the 1st 4 games because he's on the IR/PUP list. However, I read where the Vikings are kind of targeting a return after the Week 6 bye. :scratch: Smith, Ingram, & O'Neill are all listed as Questionable for today's game too, but I wouldn't be that surprised to see 'em all play. At least try to give it a go.
« Last Edit: September 09/15/24, 05:55:41 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Prediction.

Under the cloud of "Woke Inclusion"
Just like the Mn state flag and the Mn Twins, the Vikings name will be going away in a few years! Their already making them look like Snow flakes!  We can't have the uniforms of angry Norwegian people!  Sounds funny but. Wait for it! 😒
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been waiting for years for people to get down on the Vikings as a rape and pillage society and ruin our teams program. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a pretty good stat, the niners haven't won in MN since 92, it was in the strib last week. Another San Francisco treat.. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
That's a pretty good stat, the niners haven't won in MN since 92, it was in the strib last week. Another San Francisco treat.. :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1:

the announcers also said Purdy is 14-0 against the NFC.......2 losses to MN!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He is 14-2 against NFC opponents.  The 2 losses are in MN.   :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Both Vikings fans and fantasy managers everywhere can now take a deep breath. Jefferson offered a very encouraging update to reporters after the game, saying he isn't concerned and expects to be ready for next week's contest against the Houston Texans.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's great news Gunner! The defense sure is fun to watch, they're coming from all angles.  Sure hope Turner is OK. The strib and the beat writer's made there predictions a few weeks back. Only 1 had them above .500 and that was barely. Oconnell called a great game, once Jones and Chandler get rolling it'll be fun to watch the air game. You listening Kirk....

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Turner is listed as Questionable, Boober. They'll probably do some more tests early this week & if those are OK see if he can get through a practice or 2. He looks like he could be a big pc of the D in the future IMO, so I wouldn't be surprised if they really make sure he's good to go. :cool:
« Last Edit: September 09/15/24, 07:18:18 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that this is the Vikes first 2-0 start since 2016. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
On any given Sunday...  But, man...  I didn't see the Vikes beating the 9ers that way!   :happy1:

They looked like the better team most of the day.  The were getting chunk plays on offense.  Darnold bounced back after his interception and didn't let it spoil his game.  The defense was playing great and creating turn-overs.  At crunch time the Vikes sustained a time consuming drive and got the points they needed to go up by two scores.   How many times in the past would they have gone 3-and-out and given their opponent a legit opportunity to come back?   :scratch:  But they DIDN'T and this one is in the books.

And how about JJ setting all those high-water receiver marks so soon in his career.  He is up there with the all-time greats.
 :kingscourt:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kirk was an accurate passer but Sam running at times really helps. I will take Sam anyday.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Pump the brakes a bit. Darnold isn't going into the HOF anytime soon. His history is he always wins early in the season. Always gets killed the last 3/4 of the season. This is his best team thus far but it's very, very early in the season. Yes it's nice to see the ball go down the field but lets see if he can take care of it over the long haul. I'll still take the 49'ers going further this year than the Vikings although the Vikings are interesting to watch as they are always (or seem to be) in the game.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The longer Cousins played with KOC, the better he got.  2023 should have been "The Year" for Kapt. Kirk and the team to have a really good season - but injury cut that short.

The trouble is, the Vikes couldn't/didn't get the stars aligned sooner for Cousins.  And by the time Cousins finally started to play his best ball for KOC, he was past the age where the team was willing to extend him with another long term deal.  Its too bad the Coach Zimmer had Kapt. Kirk playing "Check-down Charlie" all those years as if they were afraid he would make the big mistake.  I believe Cousins could have reached a higher ceiling if he would have spent more years playing with a more QB-friendly coach.

As for Sam, he really did need a fresh start and KOC's Vikings seem - so far - to be a great fit.

Absolutely, I'd rather have the hungry 2024 Darnold, who is playing to prove himself for his first big contract, than the aging 2024 Cousins, who is coming back from injury.  I wish them both health and success.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well, we'll see how capt kirk does tonight on prime time against the eagles. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was listening to KFAN earlier and they said right now Sam Darnolds stats beat Mahomes in every single category.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: EZ on the Kool-Aid there, buddy!! ;) :smiley: I know 1 stat they must've conveniently left out :rolleyes:.................& that's the # of rings they have.  :doah:
« Last Edit: Today at 06:53:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  They know it won't stick.  Just having fun with the stats at this point.