Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: VIKES VS PACKERS  (Read 7831 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike won again???  Congrats Mike.  You are the man.  Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket??  Ice Rig or Rod holder?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I waited for you to pick and then this!!  I do not know what to say!!!  yes you should get an assist!! 

thanks guys!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
AGAIIN????!!!!  Rigged! It's those Hubert Humphrey workin' for ya!!! :moon:

Way to go, Mikey!!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty:  icoulda told ya that last nite, but the last time i tried to help i got roasted like a thanksgiving turkey, so............ :moon: :moon: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

now iffin dat nutcase would ever send it out,...................i know i'm headed to osakis for breakfast!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you all wait til ya see the number I pick next week!!!  Gunner will not want it at all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty:  icoulda told ya that last nite, but the last time i tried to help i got roasted like a thanksgiving turkey, so............ :moon: :moon: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

now iffin dat nutcase would ever send it out,...................i know i'm headed to osakis for breakfast!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I think we should ALL head to Osakis for breakfast! Lord knows Mikey's got enough snausage now!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
SPORTSMINNESOTA VIKINGS

Vikings’ Xavier Rhodes hamstring injury could end his season, ex-NFL team doctor speculat

Vikings Pro Bowl cornerback Xavier Rhodes suffered an apparent right hamstring injury late in Sunday night’s 24-17 victory over Green Bay that a former NFL team doctor speculated could require surgery.

Looking at the injury on video, Dr. David Chao, a former San Diego Chargers head team physician, said in a phone interview that he believes Rhodes most likely suffered a proximal hamstring avulsion, an injury that would end his season. Chao writes a column on NFL injuries for the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune and is a medical analyst for SiriusXM NFL Radio.

“Keep in mind this is based on video, but I’m concerned this could be near the only type of hamstring injury that would require surgery,’’ Chao said. “That would end his season even if the Vikings went to the Super Bowl.’’

With 2:38 left in the game at U.S. Bank Stadium, Rhodes went down while covering Davante Adams, who had caught a 36-yard pass to the Minnesota 29. Rhodes was looked at on the field for a minute and then limped off clutching his right leg. He did not return to the game.

“I can’t speak on what it is or anything, but you obviously don’t want to see your guys limping,” Vikings safety Harrison Smith said. “He’s a tough guy. He’ll be all right.”

Coach Mike Zimmer said after the game he didn’t have an update on Rhodes.

Chao based his analysis off watching Rhodes on video tackle Adams on the sideline.

“After the tackle, he rolls back onto his feet in a very unusual position and I believe at that point in time, it’s just video I’m seeing, but I’m worried he has a proximal hamstring avulsion,’’ Chao said.

While a typical hamstring injury is a tear, Chao said the type of injury he believes Rhodes suffered was muscle coming off the bone.

Rhodes had some troubles early in the game against Adams, and was beaten for a 15-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter. After that, he shut down Adams for most of the game until his late long catch. Adams finished with five receptions for 69 yards.

“It’s always a good battle,” Zimmer said. “Davante Adams is a really, really good receiver, and Xavier is a really, really good cornerback. … It was probably each of them won a few (battles).”

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Muscle coming off the bone?!?  OUCH!

Whether this is the case or not, it was pretty clear that Xavier is going to be out for a while - even without surgery.  You don't need to be a doctor to see that.  Hamstrings take time to heal, time to rehab, and then more time to be certain everything is back to 100% before you risk going full speed again.  And the season is rapidly running out of weeks.

It would be a minor miracle if the injury was a minor strain that only required 2 or 3 weeks rest to heal.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Even a small tear can take 6-8 weeks to heal...or a lot more. Been there, done that. I'd say he's toast for the year.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Muscle coming off the bone?!?  OUCH!

Whether this is the case or not, it was pretty clear that Xavier is going to be out for a while - even without surgery.  You don't need to be a doctor to see that.  Hamstrings take time to heal, time to rehab, and then more time to be certain everything is back to 100% before you risk going full speed again.  And the season is rapidly running out of weeks.

It would be a minor miracle if the injury was a minor strain that only required 2 or 3 weeks rest to heal.
yea ouch.........on of our stewards in hagar city did that in his shoulder.........he's been out almost 3 months and now has a whole whoppin 3 lb wieght restiction!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, kinda fudges things up. What my leg looked like one hour after I tore my hammy...pic was taken in the ER.  OWIE OWIE OWIE    :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yikes, Reb!

We hear about football injuries all the time:  hamstring, hip, quad, biceps, turf toe, etc. and as long as something isn't torn or broken, fans expect players to get in there and play.  It is rare when we actually get to see photos of what real injury damage looks like.

Remember when the picture of Ponder's throwing arm injury got out before the Packer game and folks argued if that should be should be enough to keep him out of the game?

And we wonder why guys sit out several weeks to heal - and that is not to say anything about brain injuries.

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! What a goofy lookin' punk-azz....in his jammies, yet!  :bonk:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny as heck. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Wonder if'n the woman dressed in GB gear behind him that had to save him from Gramps was his mom? ;) :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon