Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 1990?? Jiffy Legend 9" auger  (Read 12850 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And Gunner it is a battery powered auger.  The battery alone is $175.  You'd think it would have a USB for that kind of jing.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
As long as you're OK with it. :happy1: Just curious, is it the E6 Lightning, model 56 I mentioned?  :scratch: That's about the only 1 in their line up that had all  the features you talked about.  Kinda funny that they'd have the USB port in the discription & there wasn't 1 there. :bonk: Is it a new model? Nobody else has bought 1 & brought this to their attention?  :confused:
« Last Edit: December 12/09/18, 09:50:58 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup that's the one Gunner.  I think this is the first year of them.  That made me a little nervous but seems like a great auger other than our USB problem.  Puzzles me too as to why they use it as a selling point even though it is not there.  Curios to talk to them and hear the excuse. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
 Maybe they never told the battery maker to put a USB port on it... :confused: Glad ya like it, Barry! That's all that counts! Maybe the USB stands for "Unknown; Somewhere Barry".  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/09/18, 10:13:18 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they never told the battery maker to put a USB port on it... :confused: Glad ya like it, Barry! That's all that counts! Maybe the USB stands for "Unknown; Somewhere Barry".  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I am impressed.  I had an email already this morning from Jiffy.  They disabled the USB on the earlier models but are waiting for the new stock that should have the USB on them and they will send me one of them when they get them.  I asked for a powerhead cover and a hat instead.  We will see.  SO I looked and yes on the powerhead I can see a rubber plug that must be covering up the USB.  Why would it be on the powerhead???  So you have to have the auger in the house to use the USB???  Oh well at least we know the skinny on this. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good detective work boys!!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cool: Good to hear that they were quick to respond. :happy1: I'd probably :scratch: took 'em up on their offer of a new powerhead just in case I'd ever want to be able to use it. In your case, where almost all of your use will be in your wheelhouse that's usually not very far from where you live, maybe not. Especially the way it's designed so you need the auger inside the house to use the USB. New model & probably not that many in service yet, I'd been more than a little suspicous :huh: if they didn't get back to you pretty quick.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are right Gunner.  I can see my fishhouse out my window when I am sitting in my comfy chair watching Vikes games.  Maybe 300 yards from the house.  They just emailed me back and are going to send me a powerhead cover.  I gave them a big thank you!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cool: :happy1: Always good to hear of a U.S. company that stands behind their product & has good CS.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Barry woulda just got tangled up in the USB cord anyway.  ;)