Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bald Eagle 2019-20  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Tom7227

• Outdoorsman
A friend went out on the north half of the lake and found about 5 inches of ice on Sunday Dec 15.  The water was stained and so he couldn't see much.  I don't know what sort of success he had.  There have been a few portables out on the south end of the lake for maybe 5-7 days.

The owner of the house on the island used a boat to run workmen back and forth and so the water was open until mid-week last week.  I would recommend that no one try to get through the area to the west of the island for a bit.  I don't know what it is like but someone is going to be in trouble if they try to run equipment through there.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: good info Tom!!!!!!! cant never be to safe!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
north end last night,8" of good clear ice,vex was lit up with 6-8" crappies,no keepers but a nice night to be out,should be making more ice today...this weekend will be dicey with warm weather forcasted.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hearing the ice is getting towards 6" - 9" locally. It's good ice, real clear and hard. Still no one driving anything bigger than a 4 wheeler that I've seen and no permanents on St. Olaf as of this a.m. Need to be careful as there are spots on that one and several others I suspect where waterfowl kept it open or there is some underground flow. This area is dotted with artesian wells, some of which were non-functional and started flowing again recently. With all the precip the past couple years best be careful. Knowing some of the locals as I do, it's a matter of time before there's a tragedy. Is it worth it?  :huh:   
« Last Edit: December 12/19/19, 09:52:15 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)