Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Who can relate??  (Read 7337 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Dad's 33 is mounted on an old GEP steel rod. Mom bought the rod for him as a surprise birthday present. My oldest brother told Dad when he grew up, he wanted a rod just like the one Mom was getting him for his birthday. Surprise!  :bonk:

:doah:      :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Dad's 33 is mounted on an old GEP steel rod. Mom bought the rod for him as a surprise birthday present. My oldest brother told Dad when he grew up, he wanted a rod just like the one Mom was getting him for his birthday. Surprise!  :bonk:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Everyone in my family uses open face spin cast except my mom.  I taught my kids to retrieve left-handed from the very beginning.

I was always told to keep an old Johnson closed face ready with fresh line in case my mom ever wanted to go out again.

She is still around, but her fishing days are probably past.  But I still keep that reel ready - just in case.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer talking "spinning" reel, right Steve? No, I 'm not picking at ya....there's spinning, spincasts, and baitcasters....also with the "schooley" type called everything from open spinning to spool spinning to open reel to inline reel, some guys are even tagging them "Black Betty's" after the fish13 hot reel four of five years ago. I have one, and it;s just a high end standard Schooley, IMO. Great for short jigging. :doofus:

Spincast...
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/spincast-reels#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Spinning:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/spinning-reels#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Schooley/open/ spinreel/ inline/whatever/ :rolleyes:

https://www.scheels.com/p/13-fishing-black-betty-ice-reel/81906501384.html
« Last Edit: January 01/17/19, 02:54:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I stand corrected.  Ma used a spincast; everyone else used spinning...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah! The good ol' Mitchell 300 spinning staple! Tank of the spinning reels.   :happy1:
Who didn't grow up using those? Spinning reels are all I've ever really used. My buddy can't use one without a tangles mono ball every time...how in the he** he manages that, I have NO clue. That's why he uses bait casters...and he can cast and put it down on a dime. Never seen a backlash on his when doing that. Now me with one of those.....looks like  the main ingredient for "birds nest" soup... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 01/17/19, 03:08:01 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Everyone in my family uses open face spin cast except my mom.  I taught my kids to retrieve left-handed from the very beginning.

I was always told to keep an old Johnson closed face ready with fresh line in case my mom ever wanted to go out again.

She is still around, but her fishing days are probably past.  But I still keep that reel ready - just in case.

:happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!