Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a Conservation Officer  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :drillsergeant:  Ask a Conservation Officer: :scratch:

Displaying registration on snowmobiles......

Q: I have aftermarket graphics on my snowmobile and don't want to detract from them with my registration stickers, do I have to put them on my sled? If so, can I put them in a place where it doesn't interfere with the look of my snowmobile?

A: Registration is required to be displayed on all snowmobiles and the law does spell out exactly how it must be displayed. Minnesota Administrative Rule 6100.5700 requires that any snowmobile sold in Minnesota (after 1972) be designed and made to provide an area on which to affix registration that must be at least 3 ½" x 11" and a minimum of 12" from the ground when resting on a hard surface. For the owner/operator, 6100.5000 requires that the registration letters/numbers be affixed in the place designed by the manufacturer reading left to right with the registration year stickers affixed at the end. For sleds that for some reason do not have this place designed by the manufacturer this rule requires that the registration be affixed on the upper half of each side of the cowling. The text is required to be of contrasting color to the surface of which they are applied, and must be at least 3 inch tall and ⅛ inch stroke.

A frequent violation found on the trails is improper display of registration. It is very difficult for officers to verify registration is present on a machine going by if it is not in the correct place and of the required size. I would equate this to someone not putting their vehicle's license plate in the location it belongs. Make sure your registration is easily visible and ride safe.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02/04/19, 04:08:08 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That conservation officer needs to read up on his own regulations. The letters are only required to be 2" tall.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I still wanna find the CO that can read those letters on a sled going by at 60 mph..... :bonk: