Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Winch rope for UTV  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Has anyone replaced their steel winch cable with a synthetic rope? My cable is so kinked up I had to hook it to a tree and slam it in reverse to get it to move. I'm thinking of replacing it with the rope, but I'm worried they are not strong enough? Also, do you have to remove the winch from the UTV to replace it?
« Last Edit: May 05/05/19, 05:32:08 PM by Cooperman »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never replaced my cable Coop but I may in the next year or two.  I like the cable.  I just came in from pulling about 30 steel fence posts.  I have to put a chunk of firewood under the front of my ATV so the winch doesn't just bottom out the shocks.  A rope wouldn't work for something like that. As far as plowing with it reeling in too much cable and breaking it is the same as reeling in too much rope and breaking it.  Just have to be careful.  BUT I do hate those darn cables when they get little frays in it.  Hard on the hands.  Need leather gloves for that. 

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I have a friend that replaced his with a synthetic cable/rope and loves it.  If and when I ever replace mine it will also be synthetic.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/26/19, 08:10:40 PM by jlynch3 »