Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Whatchya smokin  (Read 103241 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
firing up the smoker, want some ribs!!   got 2 racks of St. Louis style ribs for $2.99..  $2 cheaper than baby backs so had to go with them...  got them rubbed and ready to go on!!!

I have a pellet smoker also. Plus an electric Masterbuilt. The pellet smoker just doesn't give enough smoke taste for me. So I put a Smokin Tube inwith the ribs.

That's a good price nowadays.  :wowza: :wowza:  What kind of smoker do you have?

I have a Green Mountain pellet smoker and I have a propane wood one too..  using the pellet smoker today..   :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I've tried the tube in with a variety of grills n smokers but the tube ends up losing the oxygen battle and goes out. Any issues Ken?

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah....I had that also. Started filling the tube only half way with the pellets. Not packed in as much and they stayed lit. Make sure it is really lit well with the torch.
« Last Edit: February 02/18/22, 03:01:02 PM by KEN W »

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah....I had that also. Started filling the tube only half way with the pellets. Not packed in as much and they stayed lit. Make sure it is really lit well with the torch.

You guys ever tried smoking watermelon?  Tried it last 4th
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

You guys ever tried smoking watermelon?  Tried it last 4th
    :undecided: :undecided: :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sooo how was it??? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Smoking watermelon????

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
sooo how was it???

It was “edible.”  It would have been a lot better had i not used the brine and so much salt.

It was something fun too smoke.   :smoking:
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The only way watermelon should be doctored up is with vodka!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sooo how was it???

It was “edible.”  It would have been a lot better had i not used the brine and so much salt.

ok so you brine a soaking wet water melon...   some smoke is best used else where maybe!!   glad ya had fun so now I don't have to do it!!  oh wait I don't like water melon very much so i'll pass any way..  too funny!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sooo how was it???

ok so you brine a soaking wet water melon...   some smoke is best used else where maybe!!   glad ya had fun so now I don't have to do it!!  oh wait I don't like water melon very much so i'll pass any way..  too funny!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
you goofy Mike... Can't wait for watermelon season. Think we hot 20 last summer. :hubba:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sooo how was it???

you goofy Mike... Can't wait for watermelon season. Think we hot 20 last summer. :hubba:

Dad used bring home 3 or 4 a week when we young, ate to many... like all the rest of the melons   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Grandkids love yellow watermelon. Bring on August and homegrown ripe melons.  :happy1:  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot more cantaloupe & honey dew disappear here. We do make a melon salad that has watermelon in it that's good otherwise they seem pretty bland tasting to me most of the time. :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got the corned beef on the smoker and for good measure I decided to smoke a few burgers too!!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife made a turkey pot pie hot dish yesterday so I may be waiting a few days to do my brisket.  I have read to leave them in the cryovac for a week or two to tender it up so should be ok next weekend. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just popped a whole chicken and a couple burgers on the smoker!!!  burgers for lunch!!!   wild rice burgers too!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just popped a whole chicken and a couple burgers on the smoker!!!  burgers for lunch!!!   wild rice burgers too!!
i should make it fore chow tonight!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: make sure you make soup outta dat smoked chicky carcass!!!!!!!! :hubba: :rotflmao:

speaking of burglurs........i just mixed up some burger for supper tonight....letting it meld!!!!! montreal steak seasoning, salt, pepper, egg, lawrys, oatmeal!!!!! nummy!!!!!!!! that'll hit the grill.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya on the soup but I'm not a big soup fan.. I like it but not all that often....   I'll give it to Linda if she wants to use it!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya on the soup but I'm not a big soup fan.. I like it but not all that often....   I'll give it to Linda if she wants to use it!!   :happy1:
what?????? :confused: :doah: i heard you like CAMBELLS soup!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only stuff I use from them is the cream one's for cooking!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
only stuff I use from them is the cream one's for cooking!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yeah me to. I make my own chicken noodle and beef barley. A LOT better than Campbells.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
rack of St. Louis style ribs and a couple burgers going on the smoker soon!!!    :happy1:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
When it stops blowing and raining, hopefully tomorrow.  I'm throwing on 3-4 doz dry rub hot wings in the smoker!  Hope they turn out as good as last time!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/23/22, 10:51:22 AM by Leech~~ »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck with the wind!!!!  that's why mine is in the garage, close to the door...  not raining now so just the wind and it's not to bad so far...

what dry rub do you use on the wings?? 

I used a smoky mesquite today on the ribs
« Last Edit: April 04/23/22, 10:59:02 AM by mike89 »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I wish I remember or even wrote it down.  I just open the spice cabinet, pull out a bunch that sound or taste good for what I'm trying to make. Throw them all in a zip lock and mix them up.  I try not to go to salty, and I hate sweet or fruity on smoked meat.  You will never find maple sugar, honey, pineapple or any of that crap on my smoked meat!  :puke:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I wish I remember or even wrote it down.  I just open the spice cabinet, pull out a bunch that sound or taste good for what I'm trying to make. Throw them all in a zip lock and mix them up.  I try not to go to salty, and I hate sweet or fruity on smoked meat.  You will never find maple sugar, honey, pineapple or any of that crap on my smoked meat!  :puke:
:happy1: :happy1: NOW...thats my kinds cook!!!!!!! :happy1: maybe we can get along!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 NOW...thats my kinds cook!!!!!!! :happy1: maybe we can get along!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

dats funny!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will use some sugar  to get a little burnt look and some for taste.  BUT it is not the big taste.  I like to run through the cabinet too.  I haven't done wings for years and they look so good when you guys post pics of them.  What temp and for how long Leech?