Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Solar panel controller  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Tom7227

• Outdoorsman
I need to install a new solar panel controller.  The one I bought has 3sets of leads.  Panel, Battery and Load.  Which do I hook up to the battery that I am trying to charge?

Thanks for your time.
Tom

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/08/19, 05:02:19 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The wires coming from the panel hook to the panel terminals. The wires that go to the battery to be charged hook to the battery terminals. And if you are running anything like lights that would hook to the load terminals.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Tom7227

• Outdoorsman

Is it on a RV?

HD
I have the solar panel on top of my boat lift.  I hook it up to an auxiliary battery that powers the winch on the boat lift and the winch on the anchor.  That battery isn't hooked up to any charging system on the boat and isn't used for anything other than these two winches