Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a state Trooper......  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
     Ask a Trooper: Is my out-of-country driver’s license sufficient?

Q: I recently moved to Minnesota, where I am living with a cousin of mine. I am writing to you concerning driving legally within the state. Back in my native country, Kenya, I am licensed to drive, and currently, I have that license with me. I also obtained an international driving permit from the necessary licensing body back in Kenya.

Are these documents sufficient to allow me to drive within the state of Minnesota before I am able to acquire the state's driving license? Thank you for your time and consideration.

A: If you are visiting from another country with a valid driver’s license from your home country, you are not required to get a Minnesota license, and can operate a vehicle legally in our state.

Once you become a Minnesota resident, you have 60 days to get a Minnesota driver’s license.

Also, many insurance companies do not honor “out-of-country licenses.” Being that auto insurance is required to operate a motor vehicle, you would need to get a Minnesota driver’s license or ask them about your options.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I wonder how many of these folks will get insurance before hitting the road? Or do we all have to cover that too!  :coffee:

At least they will now have their license ID to Vote, which is the real reason the libbers wanted this passed!  :bs:

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-house-expected-to-pass-bill-to-allow-driver-s-licenses-for-immigrants-in-the-country-illegally/508170682/

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
None of 'em have insurance. They don't even know what it is. That's one reason why policies are so high, because of the under-insured motorist coverage.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
None of 'em have insurance. They don't even know what it is. That's one reason why policies are so high, because of the under-insured motorist coverage.
:thumbs: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I am personally aware of one who did not.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
The one who rear-ended me and wrecked my Ranger didn't have any insurance. And an expired license.
« Last Edit: April 04/11/19, 03:02:44 PM by Rebel SS »