Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: home page  (Read 44050 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am signed up.  Thanks for that info JB.  That alone is worth it. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Enjoy. We are going to have to renew ours this spring.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
renew mine next year in March or April... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed JB. I spend some time in a side by side and also my pick up while in the woods.
mm

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it is OK to carry a piece in the woods for plinking and protection, but the exception seems to be bow hunting.

You are not allowed to carry a firearm when you are bow hunting, unless you have a concealed carry permit.  At least that is how it was the last time I looked.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Did anyone find a link to the full article where they interviewed all those violent cons answered those survey questions? 

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ just takes you to a training website and I couldn't find any articles like the one on our home page.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it is OK to carry a piece in the woods for plinking and protection, but the exception seems to be bow hunting.

You are not allowed to carry a firearm when you are bow hunting, unless you have a concealed carry permit.  At least that is how it was the last time I looked.
Forgot about that Steve. Funny that I don't carry when I am bow hunting. Just don't think of it.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife was seeing all the stories on the news and was starting to hint at personal protection.

We had a talk about the information in this cover story and it didn't take much convincing that she isn't ready for every day carry.

And for women, carry in the purse is not generally advised, because that is the item thieves most often target.

One of the scariest things for women now is the spate of car jackings - here and across the country.  Assailants appear out of nowhere, cold-cock victims in the head while dragging them out of the car.  How can anyone hope to defend themselves in these violent attacks?  :confused:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully most people drive with the doors locked. That should at least give a little time to get out of there.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya know a darn good small carry with a good bite/bark for both men and women is a 380,for men it's a pocket shooter fits nice n comfy in your front pocket,women well? this little guy will do the job just fine inside 20'.some of these smaller calibers might just piss off the perp wearing a heavy jacket this time of year.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is my main carry gun. Bersa Thunder 380.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I carry to big guns..... :happy1: called my biceps!!! :sleazy: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Walther PDP in 9mm. Love it.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I carry to big guns..... :happy1: called my biceps!!! :sleazy: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You and Keith Millard.  Remember this one...  :confused:

According to police reports, Millard, 6-6 and 260 pounds, yelled obscenities at police and hotel security personnel and told one officer, “My arms are more powerful than your guns.”  :doah: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I really thought about a 9mm but do want to plink with it so the wife gets into it.  SO decided to get the .22 since I won't be actually carrying it.  I have a .32 Colt pocket gun for that.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I really thought about a 9mm but do want to plink with it so the wife gets into it.  SO decided to get the .22 since I won't be actually carrying it.  I have a .32 Colt pocket gun for that.

LP when testing out for your cc you'll be better off with that nice sr of yours,just get it dialed in before hand.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I was thinking too.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I can only speak for myself, but practice, practice, practice.  If I put the handguns down for an extended period of time, my form and accuracy goes to crap.  And that is just target shooting.

I don't have any idea of what it would take to train for and stay ready for a self defense scenario.  I'd be afraid of fumbling to get my gun out and shoot myself in the leg.  I ain't never done nothing like that.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, could you imagine a character :police: with a propensity to premature discharge of a firearm in a modern sitcom today?  :rotflmao:

What kind of example would that set for the children?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
catching those lakers would be fun!!!    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so the article on the home page  regarding deer feeding got me thinkin about the winter severity index. found minnesota's version. one would think with all that friggin snow up north and with the brutal temps it be worse??/ the data is as recent as of feb 16th 2022.

about 2/3 of the lower part of the state its 50 or below. some areas in the northern tier are in the 90-105 range but most in the76-to 90 range. when the number hits 120 its just plain bad news for the deer!!!!!!

i find it interesting how they do that. every day they add a point for snow amounts of 15 inches above and temps 0 or below!!! at least thats what i got out of it!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty neat write up on the home page of tree tapping!!!!! havent seen any around here yet......

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Thats cause yu gota get off the couch to go look
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats cause yu gota get off the couch to go look
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :nerd: :mooning: :rotflmao: putz!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that article about the bears and wolves around yellowstone was very interesting?????

funny they didnt bring up Yogi and picnic baskets though!!!!!  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it was, you'd think the wolves would take advantage while the bears are hibernating.  I read something else where a kill gets cleaned fast between them,  coyotes and the birds in the park.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting article on the home page about smoking meats..   heard of different ways to get smoke but it's the first time I have seen that one... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun article.