Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: home page  (Read 43964 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree. Katchup? Horseradish? Who does that sound like?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: I seen 3 cougars on the home page.... Boy was I disappointed!!🙄 :confused: :pouty: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How big were there claws?   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: I seen 3 cougars on the home page.... Boy was I disappointed!!🙄 :confused: :pouty: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Yeah, they all had 4 legs. ;) :rolleyes:  :smiley:
« Last Edit: March 03/28/22, 07:33:46 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Glenn's got a dirty mind, he was thinking more like.....  :doah:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That one's no cougar...  she's just a cub.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:hubba: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:hubba: :happy1: :rotflmao:
Pick on someone your own age...  ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn bait if I ever saw it.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea you fellers ain't no spring chickens either!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: HD......nice article on  the homepage.....kinda humorous too!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes it is!!!  true too!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yes it is!!!  true too!!!   :rotflmao:
maybe for some of you old coots!!! :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HD......thats a great article on the home page about this Bill Slaughter....guide up in the boundry waters!!!!!!!!!1 :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
AND that sturgeon video was freakin awesome too!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes it is!!   

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
That one's no cougar...  she's just a cub.

In cougar lingo,that would be a kitten....

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Great tribute to this man,good read....my younger days exploring the BWCA was a annual event with one very good friend and my trusty golden retriever,every spring we would put in at the boy scout camp on moose lake and head out with map inhand from moose lake we traveled over countless portages,all the way up to saganga,some trips we entered the canadian side "quetico provincial park" the canadian version of BWCA for folks who never been,we fished hard every lake we passed thru,some lakes were void of fish,at least we thought so,pounding the shoreline lines with every lure we had(no live bait),these lakes void of fish also had zero vegetation,we wrote these lakes off as "acid rain kills" and fested on "ramen noodles"at our camp rather than fresh fish fry,later in life my friend and I would meet every mid may,then travel to the BWCA no matter where we lived,our last trip up early 80's I lived in Alaska,my friend came up from breckebridge colo,still lives there,lucky man.as we aged we slowed down,we found the best fishing was lakes east of saganga and a few short portages to get to,we became lazy or smatened up jumping on a headstart power boat ride on sag outof the old sag store before it burned down,power boat would drop us off on American point as no power boats were allowed beyond that spot,great memories.

Always an adventure on those trips,we also stopped/met another ledgend on basswood lake one year "Dorthy Molter" she was a hermitt of sort,lived alone since the 30's on her little island,she had snacks and homemaid root beer for wary travelers,her family wrote a book about her,sadly I never read the book,but some year I will,this story about slaughter brought back great memories even tho I never herd of him,glad we  made these trips way back in the good ole days,as today it sounds like a shete show up there,reservations/camping permits,nope...

If anyone is interested in a fishing trip,only guide I know still runs outof sag,"mike burg" he has been on those waters well over 20 years,sag and seagull lakes he calls home.

Last report from last summer I got was walleye fishing was spotty at best,something to do with rapid water temps heating up last summer,huge whitefish kill in july....Another friend has a cabin on the canadian side,cool setup on a small island...sadly with the canadian travel covid restrictions he hasn't be able to get to his cabin in two years,his American friend decided to make a run to his canadian side cabin last summer,he was tracked by a drone and once he set foot on canadian soil he was arrested within 15 minutes....a lesson our worthless presidential administration could learn from.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting reading about the apple trees on the home page... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Apple scab has definitely become more prevalent although by itself, it doesn't usually kill the trees. As the link points out, it does weaken them so they're more prone to winter injury. Apples left on their own usually don't get the kind of care that would help prevent infection. That includes pruning and sanitation. Not seeing any on the production apples but have some on the Indian Magic crabapple tree. It's pretty thick & hard to keep that one pruned as well as it should be. 

https://extension.umn.edu/plant-diseases/apple-scab#life-cycle-of-apple-scab-1165410
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting little article on the home page regarding wolves in Minnesota.  :scratch: all this input from the general public.......BUT will they actually listen and move forward.

personally i dont want them eradicated but i do truly believe they need to have a hunting season on them. not only will it reduce the numbers a bit, having them hunted would make them a lot  less brave with human interaction.  there a cool critter for sure.

one has to wonder though if with all the different opinions this public input will do much good!!!!!! :scratch:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
There you go again, Glenn...

... trying to be reasonable.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Fine don't have a hunting season.  Tran-k a 1000 of them and move them to some other states so everyone can enjoy them!   :happy1: :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There you go again, Glenn...

... trying to be reasonable.
:rotflmao: I know silly me!! :rotflmao:

Leech, I think they should put them where all the wolf lovers live!!👍

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nice article on the home page about the Mississippi river!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the pheasant report on the home page!!   not seeing big numbers here but they are here!!