Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: home page  (Read 43999 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty good article, I ran a springer on grouse and pheasants and that little dog had no quit. It was a pain tho having to shave it every 3 months and the snow would ball up in her pads. It does seam the labs are running smaller, could be cuz of all the British lines. They tend to not tire out as fast as the big boys chasing pheasants anyhow.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Years ago my buddy had a real nice Brittney.  She was a sweetheart and man was she a goer when we were pheasant hunting.  Covered a lot more ground than my lab.  He slowly plodded along and she was like a rocket.  Kind of funny at first.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good picture and write up on the home page this week...  colorful ducks for sure...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
cool article about the young Amish hunter on the home page!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup lucky feller!!!!   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice lookin rifle on the home page

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yep.....but i would think them politicians would have better things to.........awe never mind!!!!!1 :surrender: :crazy:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
yep.....but i would think them politicians would have better things to.........awe never mind!!!!!1 :surrender: :crazy:

I don't know... bully for Wisconsin for celebrating the hunting culture in their state.

Can you imagine how the leftists would lose their mind if someone from the GOP proposed an official rifle for the People's Republic of Minnesota?

We don't have any major gun manufacturing here, but we do have Federal Ammunition.  Maybe they could make the 9mm our official bullet?   :rotflmao: :bonk:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
For sure. Really gives me the urge to get one. I dang near had the guy we buy our guns from order me a golden boy 30-30 a couple weeks ago.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
For sure. Really gives me the urge to get one. I dang near had the guy we buy our guns from order me a golden boy 30-30 a couple weeks ago.
And Marlin's (Ruger-owned) gettin' back into the game too with two 'new' models in 2023.   https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/leverAction/

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've got 2 golden boys, one is a .22 and the other is a .44 mag

Both are well made, very nice firearms!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
In trading for stuff I had a Rossi in the box never been fired.  38/357 lever action.  This was 40 years ago.  I traded it 35 years ago on my Ithaca Deer Slayer.  I love the Ithaca but wish I still had the Rossi.  I don't know if they are even a desirable gun but it was cool as heck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
always wanted one, might have to go look...   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice home page!!!    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nice home page!!!    :happy1:
:happy1: not sure though why they wait till summertime!!!!!1 :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: around here seems like a 365 day thing!!!!! :drinking: :toast: :whistling:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting article on the home page about wild pigs???? i've heard bits and pieces about them in Minnesota but not much!!!!!!

of course the you cant do it state, wont let you shoot one if you come across them!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You can't fart in this state without DNR approval...:rolleyes:

Betting if a farmer comes across hogs destroying his crops, it'll be shoot first and ask questions later. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I am thinking.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
cougars  :sleazy: :evil: would be more of a challenge!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Three S's up here I am guessing. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I would guess they will be considered "invasive" by the DNR and a shoot on sight is in order. I would however give my local CO a call first to confirm.  :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They don't want us to shoot one a disperse one.  There were some spotted by Fairmont and they tried to trap them and they got a few but the rest "dispersed".  I say shoot on sight. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
do people down south eat them?? are they any good.............boar wants to know!!!!!!!!! :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I know folks who hunt them and eat them and I was gifted some once, not bad.. now a boar hog could be different... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They shoot so many that they donate some to Universities to study their bodies.  If it is too hot they just dump em somewhere or let them lay for the predators. Of course some eat them.  Probably the hunting camps.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice article on the home page about night crawlers. :happy1:

Well done HD!!

I think boar used the electrical process, only explanation for his spelling expertise. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Glenns a worm
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the home page!!  some good food thoughts!!!