Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: memorial weekend plans  (Read 14861 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks HD and your pic's are very good!!!  don't blame ya on not liking crowds either!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Staying home again today.  Mother in law still sick.  Work around the house before the rain tomorrow.  Have a robin in her nest right over my smoker and grill near my front door.  Going to hold off cookin out there until she and her babies are gone.  If you don't like it busy on the North Shore go early in May.  It's busy there all summer long and into the fall [although less then] for looking at the fall leaves.  Great time to be there for that.  Plus drive up Hwy. 1 to Ely for the fall leaves as well.  In the warmer months you can still avoid the major crowds if you get to your spots early in the day also.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
HD,
did ya stay up there last night or drive home???  if ya stayed where did ya stay???  might be going in August...  thanks!!
make sure you do some research before you go. certain weekends they jack the price of rooms up big time, or make sure you plan to stay far enough away from duluth.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We were checking on rooms when the Tall Ships were there and decided not to go.  Rooms were over $400 a night at places that were normally $140.  Even in Two Harbors.  So cold out here that I got the trailer lights fixed but that's all I'm doing outside today.  Been light rain all day and only 45 degrees right now. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We were checking on rooms when the Tall Ships were there and decided not to go.  Rooms were over $400 a night at places that were normally $140.  Even in Two Harbors.  So cold out here that I got the trailer lights fixed but that's all I'm doing outside today.  Been light rain all day and only 45 degrees right now.
seriously??????? its 70 and not a cloud in the sky. I officially got the garden all planted. gonna take the boat down to the river access to get it started for the first time this year. then its  :campfire: and  :toast: time. and i'll find some other things to do.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are holed up inside for the day here.  Went to the rapids but was too rainy to stay outside too long.  The wife has a movie on and I am online talking to youse guys and youtubing music.  Kind of a new hobby for me this last year.  I just order some new speakers from Amazon 10 minutes ago.  LOL  The Grandson goes back and forth between us.  Having fun!  He likes to dance to music. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We were over there last year on the day the 1st Tall Ship came in the harbor, in fact we were up at the Thompson Hill Rest Area when it came in so we could see it. :cool: Heard on the radio later on that they expected over 300,000 visitors on that weekend. Kind of cool but no thanks, we couldn't get out of town fast enough.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Clear blue sky here! It was very cloudy up on the North Shore yesterday, but comfortable temps!

Mama wanted to do some mowing, she did a great job!
While she was doing that...I went down to the beaver dam to do some more damage. Well, the little bugger moved a huge log that wasn't there 2 days ago.....and I hit it cause I wasn't paying attention...

Guess what happened next?

I flipped the friggen canoe....Into the water I went! Pretty brisk wake up! The canoe sank except for the very front of it. I got out without wrecking the cell phone in my back pocket, AND I didn't spill my beer!
Anyways, I figured I was already wet, So I really tore into the dam....damn beavers! Tonight I'm going to sit down at the pond and see if I can give him a little payback.

Well after that I came up to the house, took a shower and started on putting new burners in the grill.

Tomorrow....we plan on going to the cemetery to pay our respects. I have a few military family members that have passed, but I'm going even if it is raining.

Have a good one ya'll!
« Last Edit: May 05/26/19, 04:49:07 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
NO!!!  I bet that was cold...   You are a good man to not lose your beer. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HD good luck with them beaver. I got 20 years messing with them damn things. Unless you get every blasted one of them, you lose!! :angry2: and them more you take shots at them, the later in the night they work. :confused:

Still kinda fun messing with them though! :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck HD and stay dry!!!  darn good save on the beer too!!!! 

and yup Glenn I will be not going to Duluth during the summer I'm thinking!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

if you ever go ya gotta go to Grandmas…………… up by the canal...……..they gotta bicycle burger to die for.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

if you ever go ya gotta go to Grandmas…………… up by the canal...……..they gotta bicycle burger to die for.

sounds good Glenn!!! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to salute the Vets today..........

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
was totally bored today, so my memorial day consisted of defrosting a freezer, then hitting the grocery store for ingredients to make my world famous sketty for 2019 deer camp.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Might as well get it done early Glenn.  Ya, it was a lazy day for me however.  Got to put a couple of 5 pound pieces of bnls pork loins in a brine for Canadian bacon for my brother to smoke 9 days from now.  Looks like grass cutting again also.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
a man Reiny…….ya had to bring that up.  :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I wanted to try my hand at the new smoker my granddaughter gave me 4 years ago, but chickened out. :confused: was gonna try to smoke 4 chickens but managed to find excuses not to. :banghead:

now I got the bug again, and next weekend is toast!!!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn happens all the time.  You have plans and things come up.  I have grand kids and I know the feeling.  It will happen at some point.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a man Reiny…….ya had to bring that up.  :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I wanted to try my hand at the new smoker my granddaughter gave me 4 years ago, but chickened out. :confused: was gonna try to smoke 4 chickens but managed to find excuses not to. :banghead:

now I got the bug again, and next weekend is toast!!!!!!!! :pouty:

sounds like a chicken!!  come on Glenn get it going!!!!!!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
rather then start a new thread i dug this one up!!!!!!!!

whats everyones big plans????????

we arent going anywhere. if  the weather behaves, cause it looks like it could be kinda wet, i wanna take the boat out on a lake just north of town for a while. if it rains me and momma are going to be going threw stuff in closets we dont use and get rid of it. mayhaps have some beer and fire.

gonna get things ready then for my trump paid vacation week of june 8th.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I took Friday off hoping I can get the boat out before the "zoo" arrives. The rest of the weekend will be working on mowers and field equipment. I have a small field that needs to be disc'ed up to return it to hay field....other than that....nuth'in

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hang out at home with the 9 yr old Grandson.  Play with the pontoon, wheelers, horses, dogs etc.  He kind of likes cooking so we will do a lot of that.  He likes bacon and steak so of course I will use that to the max.  The wife got all kinds of good food for when he is here.  Great kid and always fun to have him around. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
stayin around home too..  no company this year!!!  Linda will be over part of the weekend...  I see some beer and a campfire in the future too!!!  and fire up the grill and smoker too!!!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
My two sons, my youngest daughter and I will be heading over (from SD) to our families cabin in Waskish. We plan to work on our hunting property (clear trails, plant food plots, put up a couple permanent stands and all the other fun activities), plus we'll get the dock out, launch the pontoon, and find some time to fish...and if that goes well, have an URL fish fry or two.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/19/20, 05:00:14 PM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
was just ther f9r opener OJ, have fun, we gota run to baudette to pick up a new thing! spend a couple day visiti g if we dont fish, barry, ii textn.v yu ifn.v yu dont mind a visit snd we can get away
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be working so the rest of you can have fun. :confused: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
was just ther f9r opener OJ, have fun, we gota run to baudette to pick up a new thing! spend a couple day visiti g if we dont fish, barry, ii textn.v yu ifn.v yu dont mind a visit snd we can get away
:scratch: I just read somewhere here he told you to stay the hell away!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yu miss understood him, he told yu to stay away, he cant afford to carch glennus fungus, the desire to stay forever implanted on the couch
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yu miss understood him, he told yu to stay away, he cant afford to carch glennus fungus, the desire to stay forever implanted on the couch
:mooning: :mooning: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The Brother no good in law called last Friday night. So we are going to be heading to Effie with the camper and 4 wheelers. Otherwise we were going to go camping down in the state forest. The weather isn't looking the greatest and I am sure it will be worse than they are predicting.
Hey look your bobber is up!