Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR JUNE 19TH THRU JUNE 24TH 2019  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
There is a good bite going on both lakes. I haven't been fishing Sharpe so just relaying on what I have been hearing. I have been on Oahe and both the size of the walleye and the numbers are there, I helped guide the BPI group for the Outpost Lodge to limits of fish then went on to guide along with Ne John another of my favorites over 10 year repeat customers the Rezac family. Just a great bunch and we caught them full possession limits of walleye averaging 17 to 19 inches along with catfish and smallmouth bass. They also enjoyed walleye appetizers in the evening at the lodge. The weather was good for them and so was the fishing. I then spent a day with the Hubbard group again helping the Outpost Lodge. Again we got limits of nice walleye with real nice healthy fish averaging around 17 inch's with several 3 and 4 lb fish in the group. I am still fishing in water 10 feet or less with crawler rigs but fish are being caught out to 25 fow with leeches and minnows all working. The weather is summer so lots of liquids along with sun screen and bug repellent should be standard items. We have a great fishing year going on especially on Oahe so if you are on the edge of where to go for a fishing trip the big lake is an excellent choice. Pierre is also a great fisherman loving city welcoming anglers in a grand way.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch