Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT PIERRE AREA FOR AUGUST 1ST TO AUGUST 5TH 2019  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The bite has been really day by day good or bad depending on the area that you fish. This summer has been one of the best we had had here on Oahe but just recently even some of the better guides on the lake ( including me) are having days they struggle and then days they limit by early.  I guided another of my favorite repeats the Lenard's along with some of their friends for two days of just tough fishing. Then  the next day took the Krebs family from Rapid out and we had their limit by 3 in the afternoon. That is just the way it seems to go with a tough bite one day and then the next day they bite. I think lots of bait is one of the reasons but really not sure why the bite got so spotty. Today I worked for the OUTPOST LODGE on the first day of 4 days for the annual visit of the Central Valley Ag group. Another corporation that rewards their employee's with a great fishing getaway every year making a lot of employee's happy and also a lot of us  guides. As nice a bunch of guys as we get and over the years I have been lucky enough to guide many of them. Most of the boats out got limits of fish and once again we filled the big board at the Outpost  Lodge. .Most of the fish are being caught around 17fow out to even 40 fow with bouncer/nightcrawler rigs the most common. The group tournament  leader again this year was Paully Steffens  guiding with another big catch. My guys caught a lot of fish getting 16 keepers but we just didn't get any real big fish so lots of eating but middle of the pack in the cooperation tournament. I would certainly like to say thank you to CVA for another employment chance this year and for showing their appreciation for all of their employee's and guides that they spend money on each year.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch