Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: DNR seeks comments on lake management plans in Tower area  (Read 2960 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has drafted revised individual fisheries lake management plans for 19 lakes in the Tower fisheries area. Fisheries managers' use the lake management plans to describe the past, present and future conditions of the lake. The plans identify specific management activities planned for that lake in the next five to 10 years.
The specific plans available for review at this time are: Big Moose Lake, Cub Lake, Dry Lake, Embarrass Mine Pit, Garden Lake Reservoir (includes Garden, Farm and South Farm Lakes), High Lake, Lac La Croix, Little Dry Lake, Little Elbow Lake, Little Lake, Low Lake, Norberg Lake, Oriniack Lake, Parent Lake (off Snowbank Lake), Snowbank Lake, Trygg Lake and White Iron Lake.
These plans are available for review at the DNR Area Fisheries Office, 650 Highway 169, Tower, during normal business hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To request a copy of a plan, call (218) 753-2580, ext. 221, or send an e-mail to  dena.weber@dnr.state.mn.us. People may stop in or call (218) 753-2580, ext. 222, to discuss any
of these plans with fisheries staff.
Comments, which are due to the area fisheries office in Tower by March 28, may be sent by mail or e-mail.

If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks BFG -

That's sounds pretty interesting.? I'll have to stop by there and check it out.? I wonder what they have in mind for some of those lakes.

I used to fish the Embarrass Pit back in the old days and I am sure there are some BIG trout in there from the original stocking done in the 80s.