Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Run AC with a 2000 generator  (Read 5202 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So I just ran across this thing this morning.  Looks impressive.  Can use a 2000 Honda to run a 13 - 15K AC.  Yamaha and some others have too small of motors to work properly.  Check it out.  Lots of Q&A on Amazon on it.  Hutch Mountain Microair Easy Start 364.  Eliminates the big surge when the AC starts.  They claim it won't hurt AC at all.  Even works when using a long cord so the cord doesn't get so hot and won't kick the breaker in the house so easily. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what exactly is this barry got a li k or a picture?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I tried to copy a pic but couldn't get it to work.  Google Microair Easy Start 364 from Hutch Mountain.  This is attached to the AC unit and then stays there permanently.  It lets the AC start more gentle without the big surge of power that they usually do but I guess is not needed.  From the reviews Hutch Mountain is a great company to deal with when hooking up the device.  Or look at it on Amazon so you can read the Q & A of them.  They are $300.  https://www.microair.net/products/easystart-364-3-ton-single-phase-soft-starter-for-air-conditioners
« Last Edit: August 08/25/19, 09:01:46 AM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There click on that.  You hook up to power with a cord first and do 5 starts.  Then it is tuned into your AC.  Then you can use your genny.  From what I read Yamaha, Predator, and some other gennys are actually only 80ccs.  The Honda 2000 is 98 ccs.  The new Honda 2200 are 128 ccs.  The 80 cc ones don't work very good.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Never seen one of those! Pricey liddle feller, ain't it?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes they are spendy.  We have talked about getting another Honda so we could hook them together to run our AC on the camper.  That is the only time we would need 2 Hondas.  They are appx $1,000 ea.  This would save some money and we wouldn't need to carry 2 Hondas around with us.  You would have to use propane on the frig I'm thinking to keep the AC working on one Generator.