Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The seasons first deer kill on my land.  (Read 1787 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
On Sunday evening the first deer of the season (and I hope first of many), was killed on my land.  I first met the hunter at our MDHA banquet last March where he won (he had the highest silent auction bid) on a turkey hunt I had donated.  Being a working man and his daughter in school, he was limited to a weekend turkey hunt.  Terrible weekend weather and family emergency prevented him from getting in a hunt.  I told him not to worry he could go next year or if he wanted, go on a deer hunt this fall.  Surprise, he chose the deer hunt.  Yesterday he choose a stand overlooking a turnip plot.  Soon he had two nice 8 point bucks 20 yards in front of him.  I had shown him the "shoot" "don't shoot" deer antlers in my cabin and although one was very close to the shoot category he decided to wait and see what happens.  Soon after that a big doe, medium doe and fawn joined the two bucks.  He decided to shoot the big doe even though at the time the two bucks were actually closer to him.

big doe down.

Happy hunter.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Very cool.  Looks like a perfect shot.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That will put some meat in the freezer.  Congrats to him!!!!  Good on you for donating a great experience and memory.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, very nice DE.  He has quite a smile on his face.   :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
...and although one [buck] was very close to the shoot category... He decided to shoot the big doe even though at the time the two bucks were actually closer to him.

Respect.   :happy1: