Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: You alive??  (Read 1273 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Wake up sleepy head.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I can relate to that.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I can relate to that.  Younger years I never took a nap.  Later years I have.  Think about it.   You are in your stand in total nature to enjoy.  Younger years I was in my stand with one purpose, and that was to harvest venison.  Now I take a nap [very short] since I am a light sleeper since the military.  Now I have one goal.  Get a big buck.  Guess that's on the mind regardless of age.

Hunting where I do you get a chance at that, but it's like winning the powerball.  Sure in southern Minnesota and other areas you have a better chance.  But up there it's not that easy.  I remember some huge bucks that I have seen and never had a chance for a shot.  One time I was alone and bow hunting and decided to take a ride with my ATV down the gravel road off of our deer camp.  Drove just about 100 yards when this huge buck with massive antlers came out and stopped just before he got to the gravel.  Would of gone 250 dressed easy.  He seen me and turned around and went on his way.

Man I admire those bucks.  What did they go through in their lives up there with the wolves and more.  I could tell you of a couple of more encounters with a truly trophy buck.  Makes me wonder now if I do see another one of these mature trophy bucks if I give it a pass.   I have that much respect for these awesome animals.  3 year olds or so I will take but when I see those old bucks I have doubt about if I will end his life.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: must be boars house!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
My better half is convinced that this is what I do at deer camp, other then enjoying a beer at the campfire and bsing with my family.  She claims a deer could walk under my stand and I would have my eyes closed. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!