Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fezzant Opener  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was thinkin that too,Reb. :confused: Must be some big campaign contributors of his in the area & he's comin to get his check.  :tut: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, from hunting all over SE/SW for years, there ain't squat over that way for good fezzant! He sure ain't bird huntin'! Prolly can't use a gun, anyway!   :doofus:

My area is rated very poor, as usual. Gotta head NW of here.
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 08:32:46 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
game farm in that area,my guess is planted birds...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Austin=big onion town

Not much for fezzants here either. Hear one occasionally but these wet summers have raised havoc with their hatches. That and too many skunks, possums and raccoons. Lousy fur prices & nobody traps or hunts the things anymore. More deer than anything. Seated in the oval office, I saw 4 go strolling by in the neighbor's hay field the other morning.  :scratch:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 10:07:13 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was thinkin that too. :happy1:
Austin=big onion town

Not much for fezzants here either. Hear one occasionally but these wet summers have raised havoc with their hatches. That and too many skunks, possums and raccoons. Lousy fur prices & nobody traps or hunts the things anymore. More deer than anything. Seated in the oval office, I saw 4 go strolling by in the neighbor's hay field the other morning.  :scratch:
Not so big anymore since Hormel broke that union when they built the new plant in '84, big part of why Dad retired. That & he had 37 years in but he was just 54. 'Bout that time they started spending April -October up here most years. Had my sisters 2 little girls with 'em up here for a good share of the summer back then too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe he just wants to suck up for some free SPAM..... ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Was thinkin that too. :happy1:
Austin=big onion town

Not so big anymore since Hormel broke that union when they built the new plant in '84, big part of why Dad retired. That & he had 37 years in but he was just 54. 'Bout that time they started spending April -October up here most years. Had my sisters 2 little girls with 'em up here for a good share of the summer back then too.

I remember that too Gunner.. bad deal all the way around....................
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No doubt, Austin WAS a bigger union town at one time than it is now. A lot of retired former members of P9 or at least those who aren't dead already live there. Many farmers who worked at Hormel and moved to Austin with their wives when they retired. Albert Lea and Austin are both old meatpacking towns. Both tend to be loaded with democrats as a result of their union past and the more recent immigrant influx. Either surrounding area, still diddly squat for pheasants.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah Dotch, you should see the line of people at the CS counter in Walmart on Thursday 'bout 5 PM. They all are gettin money orders to send home. :sad: Bet Spanish is the most widely used language in the neighborhood were I grew up these days & has been for some time. :thumbs: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe Juan and Maria invited him over for a repast of beans, burritos, and beer. Ole!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe Omar could show how much she loves Minnesota, and run ahead thru the fields to flush the fezzants. That would flush anything that saw her........... :fudd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet his was from a game farm.....in a cage.     :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 10/13/19, 10:10:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder if the bagged any wolves in self defense???

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No, he had to hurry home for the missus to pop it in the crack pot.  :tongue: