Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: lennox propane furnace.  (Read 10886 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
any help ky trouble shoot this furnace. i plug it in and can hear electricity runningnthru it. but it dosent even try to start.  it supposedly has a new mother board, and i try jumping the thermostat and  pressure swith. help if yu can
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
how in the heck to you hear electricity running through it. Do you mean you hear a buzzing in the control board? Sometimes the exhaust fan can be stuck, that's the first thing that goes on in it's sequence.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
A house furnace?

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I know what he was talking about.  My furnace did a similar thing.  I don't remember which part went bad, but it wasn't the motherboard.

Do you have any flashing lights on the board?  Mine flashed x-number of flashes in a row to indicate a failure code, which pointed at the problem.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i van hear a hummm, the blower dont engage.and lights on the board are slow steady green flashing and fast steady red flashing
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The flashing light code will be on the inside of front panel.....it'll tell you the problem.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That fast flashing red sounds like a problem to me. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
green slownsteady indicates a need for fule, and the red indicates a problem
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So you are out of propane and the thing can't start because of it. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
So you are out of propane and the thing can't start because of it.

or the propane isn't getting to the furnace... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Must be. Haven't seen boar go flying by yet... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
plenty, the unit isnt even tryin to light
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
does the unit have one of them ????????? those dumma hickies??????????? :doah: :censored: :banghead: :banghead:

oh yea..thermo couplers............. :scratch: :scratch: most issues like to start with that darn thingy!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm wondering that too... 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If the thermal coupler was bad, the furnace would light but then go out after a few seconds.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is the gas turned on at the tank and the valve by the furnace?

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
the first thing that should fire up is the vent motor, the fuelnto the ignitor, the heating up the thermo cup to ope valve to burners.  the thing is the blower vent motor isnt ever firing up
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You already killed a day.  Call a furnace guy.  Get him there tomorrow. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's one thing ya don't wanna screw with. Cracked heat exchanger and yer dead.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
it just a garage furnace., ive electric base board in the house
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You already killed a day.  Call a furnace guy.  Get him there tomorrow.
I agree with this. Don't mess around. If ya ain't got it figured out by now, get an expert.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My furnace went out last Christmas Eve and my lights were flashing a code.

I googled the code and found a video on how to "fix" it.  I looked for the part, but couldn't find get it because nothing was open.  So I called the furnace guy because there was a frickin' Polar vortex blowing.

I'm glad I did, because the furnace guy replace the part right next to the one they changed out in the youtube video.  No problems since.

You feel stupid watching them swap out parts.  Three or four screws and a wire harness - out and in - and its done.  I can do that!  But the trick is knowing what part to change and having the spare.

Then I happily wrote out the check and thanked him for coming out so quick.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
it just a garage furnace., ive electric base board in the house

I asked that in the beginning............. :rolleyes:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
My furnace went out last Christmas Eve and my lights were flashing a code.

I googled the code and found a video on how to "fix" it.  I looked for the part, but couldn't find get it because nothing was open.  So I called the furnace guy because there was a frickin' Polar vortex blowing.

I'm glad I did, because the furnace guy replace the part right next to the one they changed out in the youtube video.  No problems since.

You feel stupid watching them swap out parts.  Three or four screws and a wire harness - out and in - and its done.  I can do that!  But the trick is knowing what part to change and having the spare.

Then I happily wrote out the check and thanked him for coming out so quick.

that's when my furnace crapped out too..  we could keep it going enough for a few days till the new one was installed a few days later..  no easy fix on that one...  but I agree with ya Steve-o

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
and i try jumping the thermostat and  pressure swith. help if yu can
Boar, jumping the thermostat and pressure switch will do nothing if you don’t have the voltage, either 24vac through the thermostat circuit or 115 vac to the induced draft motor. If you insist on doing this yourself, I would go back and first check that you have 24v at the Thermostat, and that when the thermostat is calling for heat,  that voltage is being returned to the control board. If your thermostat circuit checks out, next check the voltage to the induced draft motor (115vac) there should be a plug with 2 wires at or near the motor. If you have voltage, your motor is bad.
The first thing that has to happen after the thermostat calls for heat is for the induced draft motor to start. You need to find out why it is not starting. Also, check for any fuses on the control board.
Sometimes is the motors can get stuck. With the electrical power turned off, see if you can spin the motor.
Good luck, and be careful.

« Last Edit: October 10/24/19, 03:36:22 PM by Cooperman »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good post. And ...look at the pooch...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh dat lucky dog!!!  too funny!!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar, jumping the thermostat and pressure switch will do nothing if you don’t have the voltage, either 24vdc through the thermostat circuit or 115 vac to the induced draft motor. If you insist on doing this yourself, I would go back and first check that you have 24v at the Thermostat, and that when the thermostat is calling for heat,  that voltage is being returned to the control board. If your thermostat circuit checks out, next check the voltage to the induced draft motor (115vac) there should be a plug with 2 wires at or near the motor. If you have voltage, your motor is bad.
The first thing that has to happen after the thermostat calls for heat is for the induced draft motor to start. You need to find out why it is not starting. Also, check for any fuses on the control board.
Sometimes is the motors can get stuck. With the electrical power turned off, see if you can spin the motor.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Good one Coop..  LOL  Now he'll call the repairman.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar, jumping the thermostat and pressure switch will do nothing if you don’t have the voltage, either 24vdc through the thermostat circuit or 115 vac to the induced draft motor. If you insist on doing this yourself, I would go back and first check that you have 24v at the Thermostat, and that when the thermostat is calling for heat,  that voltage is being returned to the control board. If your thermostat circuit checks out, next check the voltage to the induced draft motor (115vac) there should be a plug with 2 wires at or near the motor. If you have voltage, your motor is bad.

If the induced draft motor is not starting it may have blown apart like mine did. At least this one really blow apart so the problem was easy to see, not just on the inside of the housing.  :doah:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!