Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good bow hunting the past few days.  (Read 1722 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Cody my son and I wen bow hunting on Saturday and this morning. We saw lots of deer (approximately 35) 10 were bucks including three nice 8 pointers.  The amazing part was most of them were well within bow range.  Here's a few photos I took on Saturday and this morning.

Saturday morning doe.

There's a buck there some where.

Oh, there he is.  Not too bad but he go to continue his doe trailing.

First time in this new stand location. 

Deer could come from anywhere.

At last light, a small doe came into this small plot. I mow it but have not planted anything in it for years.
A big doe ran in and chased the small doe away. She proceeded to make a scrape, pee in it and lick a branch.
Heavy hoof pounding sent her fleeing and a very big body deer came in.  It was now too late to shoot but he
put on a good show and at one time was standing in the trees between me and the opening.  Not sure how
many points but I probably would have shot it if it wasn't too late. 

I named (for obvious reasons) this new stand the "Sunset" stand.

Doe under my stand this morning.  Two does with big fawns came by.  This one had to checkout my tree.

This buck was going by. He was not concerned about a fawn bleat but came in pretty fast after I gave a few
soft grunts.  When I took this he was less than 20 yards but directly down wind of me.

And, this is what a buck looks like that just your scent.  By, By.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: awesome pictures deadeye. Live them.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Great pictures DE, I always enjoy the posts you share.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN