Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wireless Remote Car Starters  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Does anyone have one of these?  Thinking of getting a couple.  They say that this will start a car no problem.  Can even charge your phone or charge your battery.  I think it would be great to have in a boat, car, or ATV.  They don't look big and have the two clamps for pos and neg.  A friend helped a neighbor start her car with one of these.  thanks.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
You mean one that's installed permanently on yer vehicle? If so......take it to an electrical shop that knows HOW TO DO IT....there have been some huge issues with these and yer computer systems if they are not installed by someone that knows WTH they are doing....not to scare ya off, but I'v seen some real disasters with a lot of these, RH.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I personally don't but know people that do and they love them.

I've wondered more about these newer vehicles that are coming out with this push button start, especially in Minnesota's frigid temps. :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Problem is, like everything else, there's some real junk ones out there. Kmart specials.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Rh is asking about those battery packs to start your car.  one ya can carry in the trunk or some thing... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But why/how would those be wireless?  :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I think Rh is asking about those battery packs to start your car.  one ya can carry in the trunk or some thing...
after reading this again and the title I see both?? :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not sure either,   :scratch:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, he sure is getting some good answers!  :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I bet he means these small units....ya, they do work good!   :happy1:

https://unchartedsupplyco.com/products/the-zeus?keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyuus_JK25gIVERx9Ch1ScQicEAQYAiABEgL4Z_D_BwE
« Last Edit: December 12/14/19, 04:13:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks a lot Reb.  Yep, that's what I'm talking about.  Sorry about not being clear about it.  good luck

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, it don't take much to confuse some on here.... :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ya, those are purty slick! Nice Xmas present for someone!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/14/19, 04:25:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Reb.  Stuff they make these days.  Awesome.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i bought a vehicle that had a remote start installed by apparently a DIYer, few month later id heard a ping and a gring coming fron the truck' starter would go off, locks would start going funkynand drivers windownwould just outanthe blue go down, scare the hell outa me. took the thing out, never a proble.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have had great luck with the Compustar brand. They are a professional grade, and definitely have an experienced shop put it in.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks a lot Reb.  Yep, that's what I'm talking about.  Sorry about not being clear about it.  good luck
We're old school on these & they're bigger. Just about everyone in the family has 1 & most are a Stanley 1000/500 amp. In fact I bought 1 from Walmart for the BIL for Christmas, < $60. They have a cigarette lighter outlet that could be used to charge your phone too & lots(6-8(?)) of starts on a charge. Ours at the lake gets quite a bit of use, we've had very good luck with ours. Only thing is that if it hasn't been used in a couple months you may want to check to see how well it's charged before using it.
« Last Edit: December 12/15/19, 01:46:38 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a big ol heavy one.  Use it a lot around here.  Take it with on trips too.  Just in case.  We can leave ours plugged in all of the time with no damage.  It is always plugged in on the workbench so it is always ready to go.  AND I wouldn't be without a remote starter on my good truck and car.  Love them.  On my new 2016 truck the heated seats and steering wheel automatically come on when started when below a certain temp outside.  That is great.  The wifes 2011 Impala you have to get in the car and turn the seats on.  Bummer for her.  You can't program to start with the remote starter neither. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does yer Loo have a heated seat and USB port too?   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/15/19, 09:52:46 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
This is the one I have R.H. Works good for jump starting just about everything with a dead battery. I like to take it with in the boat also for piece of mind. It’s amazing the power it has. Sorry, but I can’t remember what I paid for it, maybe around $60.00?