Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Nice size bear track  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I was deer hunting on state land near URL this past weekend and came across a large set of bear tracks. I threw my glove down to provide a reference point for size (wear a size large glove). Is it normal for bears to still be wondering around this time of year?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Usually no, but not unheard of. Sure it wasn't Bigfoot.?! :scratch: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ya, you'd think with the early cold weather and snow, he'd be snoozin' in his den already.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
itnall depends, momma and cubs always den fist, generally latensept. early oct. momma knows expending energy for the cubs when food sources are depleted to the low levels in search of food is a death sentence for the cubs. 5hat being said mature boars will.stya out till all the food is gone, or the weather just turn hard. if its mild, the boars have a tendencynto get up and wander around in serch of a snack. if the winter is really mild mature boars dont even den, they will hole up in a tall grassy wind row of treenroot system. and, black bear are not tru hibernists, hibernation is the ability to lower the hear rate to a few beats per minuet.and lowernthir bidy temperatre to the ambiant air temp and will not wake. black bear dont do this. they just sleep, but can quickly wake when needed, to eat of dispell waste. and often get up and movenaround weather depending.this is called torpor.
« Last Edit: November 11/19/19, 08:22:41 PM by Boar »
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Excellent information Boar.  It's true they do waken during the winter.  Short story.  Back a few years, we found a "bear den" as it were.  The momma bear was laying between some logs with leaves piled around.  She was fully visible and somewhat exposed.  If approached she would lift her head and look at you.  Later in winter she had a cub and it could be seen crawling around on her.  Very cool but I never though of taking pictures. Dang it would have been really cool to have them. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to believe they survive it all.  What a long winter that would be.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
itnall depends, momma and cubs always den fist, generally latensept. early oct. momma knows expending energy for the cubs when food sources are depleted to the low levels in search of food is a death sentence for the cubs. 5hat being said mature boars will.stya out till all the food is gone, or the weather just turn hard. if its mild, the boars have a tendencynto get up and wander around in serch of a snack. if the winter is really mild mature boars dont even den, they will hole up in a tall grassy wind row of treenroot system. and, black bear are not tru hibernists, hibernation is the ability to lower the hear rate to a few beats per minuet.and lowernthir bidy temperatre to the ambiant air temp and will not wake. black bear dont do this. they just sleep, but can quickly wake when needed, to eat of dispell waste. and often get up and movenaround weather depending.this is called torpor.
reb says you have no idea what your talking about............and he sent me a picture to prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Why you lyin', pot-stirrin' mentally challenged munchkin! I said no such thing!!!!  Let's see proof!  Right now!  :tut:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Why you lyin', pot-stirrin' mentally challenged munchkin! I said no such thing!!!!  Let's see proof!  Right now!  :tut:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: i sent him da picture via email!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: