Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Early end to hunting - 2019  (Read 1446 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Like many years before, I have to call it a season at sometime.  Due to deep snow accumulation I probably wouldn't make it out again this year so today I decided to clean things up and put away the hunting gear.  I will miss my December grouse hunts and New Years eve bow hunt with my son.   :pouty:

I am very thankful for the many days I was able to spend with friends and family at my land hunting grouse, turkey, and deer as well as the many days of work planting food plots, clearing trails, working on stands, mowing and just exploring the area.  I'm already looking forward to next year.  Each year to improve the land and wildlife it attracts, we try to do one big project and other small ones.  This year we had cleared a 50' X 500 yard trail between a couple fields.  Actually without contracting the work, it would have taken us years to complete and no way could have achieved the results we got from the contractor.  Next years big project (logging) may start in early 2020.  We have a logging contract to cut aspen and birch on various sections of our land.  This should create new growth areas the will enhance the wildlife carrying capacity of our land. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: i just finished the MDHA magazine last nite, there was a sweet article about what your doing.  :happy1: :happy1:

oh and nice little piece about a grandpa and his grandson too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glenn57,
Yes, that was a fun hunt with him.  It may be my last sit with him as he branched out on his own during the regular gun season.  Either my son or myself sat with him since he was 10.  This gun season he went to his own stand and hunted alone.  I guess some of what we did rubbed off as he mostly took pictures and videos and just watched the deer.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"