Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2020 gardens......  (Read 92408 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
is it to early yet??????? :scratch: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

2 days ago, received the first garden seed catalog...……..jungs!!!!!!!! :doofus: I haven't ordered from there in 5 years...…..wonder how long they keep sending them if one doesn't order???????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
now you have some thing to do today..  check that out and start planning your garden!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
now you have some thing to do today..  check that out and start planning your garden!!!
its already in the recycle bin...…...and that's been planned months ago!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Way too early for me.  I will start work on it sometime in May, after the last frost.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a farmers seed and nursery catalog today .. don't have a garden any more!!  I can save it for Glenn!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a farmersonly.com catolog  today .. don't have a garden any more!!  I can save it for Glenn!!!
there i fixed it for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laugh: :cool: :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a farmersonly.com catolog  today .. don't have a garden any more!!  I can save it for Glenn!!!
there i fixed it for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laugh: :cool: :sleazy:

yuppers good try, I think the Gf might have something to say about that!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The fleet farm in Alex had there garden seeds out already.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

So yer gonna get ready for crop failure 2020?  :rotflmao: :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen that this morning too, right beside the snow blowers!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

So yer gonna get ready for crop failure 2020?  :rotflmao: :bonk:
yea............maybe!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen that here as well.  Dont think I'll do anything from seed this year, maybe jump start a bunch of lettuce might be it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i got the list all filled out already!!!!!!! :nerd: even plants. i have to work on the blueprint as to crop orientation wet!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fleet Farm last week here didn't even have any grilling stuff out...wanted some seasonings, and that aisle had disappeared....place was kinda bare and empty.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well i got the list all filled out already!!!!!!! :nerd: even plants. i have to work on the blueprint as to crop orientation wet!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

I think ya mean yet...... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I think ya mean yet......
maybe????????? :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Fleet Farm last week here didn't even have any grilling stuff out...wanted some seasonings, and that aisle had disappeared....place was kinda bare and empty.
seen grilling stuff in alex......and they way they move stuff around in the store!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: :crazy: :pouty: :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the two 3' x 7' garden boxes.  Wish I would have made them raised like HD said when I made them.  Could still do it.  Well I planted one box full of 3 kinds of lettuce that I mixed all of the seeds up and planted them.  Once it got going the two of us couldn't eat it fast enough.  Even had green smooties in the morning and they were great!  This year I think I will do a half a  box so a 3' x 3 1/2' area.  It is one thick growth of lettuce.  I go cut what I want with a scissors.  Worked great and I am not much of a gardener.  Most fun thing cuz I like salads. Afraid to buy lettuce in the stores...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen grilling stuff in alex......and they way they move stuff around in the store!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: :crazy: :pouty: :confused:

the grilling stuff has been there all winter!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

the grilling stuff has been there all winter!!!
there's always a pile of it at the waite park one too...……. maybe they seen that crabby old isle bovine coming in and hid it!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

some day i'm just gonna go to fleet farm and wonder for an hour just to find where everything is. when they added on and remodeled they moved stuff all over da place. :angry2: :angry2:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all the stores have have done that lately!!!!  it sucks................... :bs:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not exactly a new marketing strategy. Keep 'em in the store longer lookin for what they came for & they'll buy a few extra things they didn't want or need. They all do it, specailly grocery stores like Hy Vee. The same reason why the bread & milk are usually in the back of the store unless you buy their brand which is 1/2 again the price which they have a small display of in the front.  :tut: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And low markup brands are always on bottom shelf, and impulse items at check-out...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The Walmart-ization of FF continues. It used to be like an old shoe. You knew where stuff was, there was some logic to it and they didn't mess with it, much. And arrangement was consistent from store to store. Now as has been mentioned it's wholesale movement of categories to other parts of the store. Sometimes it's seasonal related which I get and other times it appears to be just for the fun of it. Now, I will say at the Owatonna store they haven't messed with the grilling/smoking stuff & the batteries are still where they always were. Otherwise it's become like going on a scavenger hunt to shop there.  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not exactly a new marketing strategy. Keep 'em in the store longer lookin for what they came for & they'll buy a few extra things they didn't want or need. They all do it, specailly grocery stores like Hy Vee. The same reason why the bread & milk are usually in the back of the store unless you buy their brand which is 1/2 again the price which they have a small display of in the front.  :tut: :pouty:
very rarely do i play into that scheme. i have a list..........get what i want and i'm outta there!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
very rarely do i play into that scheme. i have a list..........get what i want and i'm outta there!!!!!!

:mooning:

1. seeds
2. candy
3. chips
4. spaghettio's
5. snacks
6. Smurf T shirt
7. How to grill book
8. Dog food
« Last Edit: January 01/30/20, 10:14:18 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:mooning:

1. seeds
2. candy
3. chips
4. spaghettio's
5. snacks
6. Smurf T shirt
7. How to grill book
8 .Dog food
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

REBS list...........

1) FORD parts
2)lottza mottza pizzas
3) pee wee herman t-shirt
4) how to fish book
5) 101 things to feed skwirrels
6)how to souse vide books!!!!!!!................... :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:taz: :banghead: :swords:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:taz: :banghead: :swords:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: Lee said to say that!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: