Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2020 gardens......  (Read 92417 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
m wifey makes a to die for zookeenie cake!!!!!!! sometimes she makes a zookeenie bread......but she puts nuts in that!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
walnuts are good in them!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: INSTIGATOR!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :tut: :mooning:

iffin i wanna eat nuts i'll go buy a bag of just nuts!!!!! :happy1: they have no business being added to baked goodies!!!! :doah: :doah: :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh you big mean bully you!!!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Especially black walnuts!  :happy1: :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Especially black walnuts!  :happy1: :happy1:
come on up to cold spring this fall.........i can get ya a pickup load fer ya!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got lots of them here in Bugtussle. I could mail you some... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got lots of them here in bugtussle. I could mail you some... :rotflmao:
training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :taz:

there's always the return to sender option!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Dotch send them COD!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :tut: :angry2: listen you gosh darn hooligan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :taz: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :tut: :angry2: listen you gosh darn hooligan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :taz: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

there's that big bad bully again!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just obtained a real nice 4' x 6' steel panel with 3" x 3" squares.  It is white epoxy coated.  Should make a great garden trellis.  SO now I am thinking of planting some pole beans this weekend.  We love green beans but have never planted them before.  Do you think there is time for them to grow up here?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just obtained a real nice 4' x 6' steel panel with 3" x 3" squares.  It is white epoxy coated.  Should make a great garden trellis.  SO now I am thinking of planting some pole beans this weekend.  We love green beans but have never planted them before.  Do you think there is time for them to grow up here?
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: maybe......bet REB would be proud!!!!! :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll:

like a steer................all you can do is try.............whats a pack of seeds cost???? 2 bucks!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh geez are they that much???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Just kidding.  I will buy some tomorrow and get it going.  I just watered the garden and we have a few golf sized tomatoes and some pickle sized cukes.  Surprised the heck out of me.  I love cukes and fresh tomatoes.  Will be doing more fried green tomatoes this year.  Last year we finally did them the right way and they were pretty darn good.  AND I want to do Kens green tomato salsa!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Cooperman.....Have to try that......almost looks like a breakfast burrito. :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/10/20, 05:06:33 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Does anyone else grow there own dill??? Man is mine going to town. :happy1:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I seeded dill one time. I always leave some go to seed in the fall. Comes up all over the place the next year. Usually more than I need. I usually wind up pulling some of it out.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yep KEN W same thing happens here. my grandma used to call stuff that grows at random volunteers. happens with my tomatoes too!!!!

I always let some go to seed, I collect them save it and replant the next spring. I gave what I had left this spring the this General!!!!  so I need to save some more.

I freeze extra dill, ive used it as old as 3 years. doesn't seem to make much of a difference. i'm not canning pickles this year, but will probably do a bushel next year. I still will need some when a pickle my cukes and green beans.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not making any pickles this year either. Still have enough from last year. So just leaving enough to seed for next year.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will buy 40 lbs of little cukes for dill pickles.  We didn't do them last year and finally ran out a few months ago.  40 lbs does 40 qts for us.  We use lots of dill and garlic in them too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I will buy 40 lbs of little cukes for dill pickles.  We didn't do them last year and finally ran out a few months ago.  40 lbs does 40 qts for us.  We use lots of dill and garlic in them too.
yep don't pay to be stingy with the ingredients. LPS, do you add some onions to them.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When I was in town late morning got a call from my friend/customer with the rear mounted tiller on his tractor. Wondered if I wanted my new garden area worked up before they put the tiller away. They were moving some stuff around and it wouldn't be out of the way. Sure, I said. Got my business done, picked up my feed, mowed a chunk of pasture & moved the pasture fence so it'll work. Soil tested that area a couple years ago so it should be a good spot. Hopefully he can get it in ahead of the rain. Finners crossed... :cool:

PS - They left about a half hour ago. Worked up a strip about 20' x ~100. We can modify it as we go along but at least it's broken up and we can start making it into our future garden. I need to get another tiller soon. My 20+ year old front tine tiller went bang! earlier this spring... :sad: It had tilled a lot of garden. The tines were worn to a sharp tip. :embarrassed: 
« Last Edit: July 07/11/20, 03:43:55 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well  :crazy: Glenn is convinced he ain't gonna get no rain so I'm off to water the garden. :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
yep don't pay to be stingy with the ingredients. LPS, do you add some onions to them.

No I have never added onions Glenn.  May have to try it in a few jars. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I add onions to everything I can of pickle. Just what the recipes I have call out. Just an idea. I put a slice on the bottom of the jar and one in top. And I eat that too. :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That does sound good Glenn.  I will do that.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well  :crazy: Glenn is convinced he ain't gonna get no rain so I'm off to water the garden. :pouty:
:violin: :violin: :cry: :cry:                          :tut:                                       :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
If you have room try pearl onions,  tasty little guys. I like to add a couple small sliced serrano peppers to the bread n butter pickles also.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If you have room try pearl onions,  tasty little guys. I like to add a couple small sliced serrano peppers to the bread n butter pickles also.
I've pickled pearl onions. No need to add onions to them.  :rotflmao: I do add a few tia chili peppers to gives them a bite. Man they are tasty. :happy1: but a royal pain in the  :moon: to clean. And it takes almost a bag and a half to fill a pint jar  :banghead: :banghead:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've pickled pearl onions. No need to add onions to them.  :rotflmao: I do add a few tia chili peppers to gives them a bite. Man they are tasty. :happy1: but a royal pain in the  :moon: to clean. And it takes almost a bag and a half to fill a pint jar  :banghead: :banghead:
Use smaller jars!! :bonk: :doah:                                                                :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon