Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2020 gardens......  (Read 92471 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
That's Minestrone w/o the meat. Have to try it. I pressure can everything. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

I have all those except the cabbage and celery.
« Last Edit: August 08/18/20, 03:02:38 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm gonna hafta start pressure canning myself,  everything has been the quick refrigerator way. Well gonna give it a whirl, thanks jb, lps    freezing some for some pasta sauce. The early girl is almost done but the romas keep falling off the vine, with lots to go.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, with all those low acid veggies I think water bath canning isn't safe.  Hate to see you get botulism.     I'm thinking your soup mix needs pressure canning.   

Please check it out, maybe with extension or your local health department... Or even the ball blue book.
Del I've been making this for 30 plus years besides eating my mom's who does it  the same way with me issues. What's botulism anyway???

Like getting a giant botox shot all through your whole body...

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We can tomatoes and salsa using the open kettle method. I guess we like to live dangerously. I mentioned getting a pressure canner once and the warden was not the least bit interested.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Tomatoes in water bath ok.  Salsa depends on how much other ingredients.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I know, acidity. Still the U of M says pressure canner for tomatoes. My wife is super clean, I should think that helps.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I gotta learn how to post picks on this forum. Not user friendly
« Last Edit: August 08/23/20, 11:46:00 AM by roony »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:rotflmao: glad I ain't the only one. :confused: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Spose one of you should start a thread on the topic, just to find out how everyone else shares photos,  me I just send em to my email and go from there.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
15 and a half pints of salsa are now done. :happy1: except for making a couple small batches of tomato juice with the small tomatoes, my major canning is done.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Spose one of you should start a thread on the topic, just to find out how everyone else shares photos,  me I just send em to my email and go from there.
:scratch: I see HD & tech-guy have a tutorial in the Website Support Forum on their process but evidently that's not working for everyone. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
:scratch: I see HD & tech-guy have a tutorial in the Website Support Forum on their process but evidently that's not working for everyone. :confused:

It's not that hard, but you CAN'T teach an old dog "old" tricks.... :bonk:

As long as you reduce the size of the photo, or use the "tiny pics" app provided, you can post pictures.

I suppose, I'll have to drive to each and every members house 🏡 to show them how to do 20 year old technology.....  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I know 1 you don't have to make it to, bud!! :doah: No fancy phone here, hell I barely use the landline, no digital camera anymore either. Maybe someday, right after you know who  :whistling: post some pics of the walleyes he caught. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/23/20, 07:22:22 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

As long as you reduce the size of the photo, or use the "tiny pics" app provided, you can post pictures.

I suppose, I'll have to drive to each and every members house 🏡 to show them how to do 20 year old technology.....  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: hell just drive to the union hall in ramsey on your way home one nite. wont have that far to drive then!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I know, acidity. Still the U of M says pressure canner for tomatoes. My wife is super clean, I should think that helps.

I liked pressure canning since it was faster than water bath and didn't heat the kitchen up so much.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: hell just drive to the union hall in ramsey on your way home one nite. wont have that far to drive then!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Then you'll be drunk and not understand nuth'in I'm telling you.......so what's the point?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I reduce to medium every time, oh wait that didn't sound right, just on pics... :bonk:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."

I liked pressure canning since it was faster than water bath and didn't heat the kitchen up so much.

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I do all my canning out in the garage. Do NO Heat or humidity from it in the house. :happy1:

Sat I stopped at a friend's place that I used to work with in the shop. I couldn't believe all the tomatoes he and his neighbors.m had. And they got the plants at the same place. :confused: fleet farm. :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I do all my canning out in the garage. Do NO Heat or humidity from it in the house. :happy1:

Sat I stopped at a friend's place that I used to work with in the shop. I couldn't believe all the tomatoes he and his neighbors.m had. And they got the plants at the same place. :confused: fleet farm. :scratch:

must be yer fertilizer!!!     :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Did he put those black jelly beans I sent him out there?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Did he put those black jelly beans I sent him out there?  :scratch:

now that is good question!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :tut: :pouty: :rotflmao: been using the same fertilizer for years.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :tut: :pouty: :rotflmao: been using the same fertilizer for years.

and there it is!!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You have no idea the type of stuff that natural fertilizer in the garden.  Explain why some things are or where doing great then??? It's just one year.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :tut: :pouty: :rotflmao: been spreading the same fertilizer for years.
That's better! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
I got to harvest my first tomato today.  It's a biggie.  This is how successful my gardening is this year.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got to harvest my first tomato today.  It's a biggie.  This is how successful my gardening is this year.
:happy1:maybe you should bury some fish guts................oh wait  :doah: :confused: what was i thinking!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you are conquering everything Tom!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1:maybe you should bury some fish guts................oh wait  :doah: :confused: what was i thinking!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
And what exactly are fish guts???  Do they come with fish???  How does one catch those fish????????