Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2020 Twins  (Read 20898 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Big FA signing for the Twins, Josh Donaldson former Braves 3rd basemen. Contract is for 4yrs/$84 mil with a $8 mil buyout, it looks like Sano will be playin a lot more 1st this season.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Defense improves.  Offense improves.
Then, if they are in contention before the trade deadline they can look at the pitching market again.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot of $ for a guy who is 34 & missed a lot of time 2 of the last 3 seasons. All the good FA pitchers signed deals closer $200+ mil / 30 + mil a year. :crazy:
« Last Edit: January 01/16/20, 08:13:58 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Price of baseball has gone up.   :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to see the trade for more pitching especially with Pineda suspension 'til mid - May & the other 2 they signed coming off injuries, out to start the season too. Price too high? maybe but Maeda contract is pretty team friendly, $3 mil/per through 2023. :happy1:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Good to see the trade for more pitching especially with Pineda suspension 'til mid - May & the other 2 they signed coming off injuries, out to start the season too. Price too high? maybe but Maeda contract is pretty team friendly, $3 mil/per through 2023. :happy1:

It's tough to see us give up Graterol for Maeda. I know Kenta Maeda is more proven, but Graterol throw 100 mph and is 21 yrs old. We may regret this for years to come but probably not for this year.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Never know on guys that throw that hard. :scratch: It seems that if the mechanics aren't perfect & / or they are used too much that they need rotator cuff or Tommy John surgery at least once before they learn to really pitch. :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Glenn's always pitching something, and so far, no injuries!!  :shocked:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rolleyes: He might pull a hamstring this weekend. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ooh, poor baby. Better give him a bottle of yer magic pills.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where the trade is on hold now after the Red Sox got a look at Graterol medical records. Seems he had Tommy John surgery when he was 16 along with him missing 2 months last season with shoulder issues & they didn't know it.  :doah:  :doofus: Guess :scratch: they really wanted to unload that nearly $60 mil in Betts & Price's contracts :crazy: pretty bad. :tut:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If they're askin for someone else in the deal in addition to Graterol because of his medical history, I hope they tell them to pack sand.  Then we'll find out how bad the Sox want to get rid of Betts and Price $$$s.

Just look how much the Timber Woofies were willing to give up to get rid of Wiggins.

Minnesota sports fans have a history of frustration, but how come our teams always find a way to "Buy High and Sell Low?"  :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, Wiggins hasn't done c**p since he got that new contract. Bet they've been pedaling him around for a year, maybe 2, but the $ was too high without some good draft picks to go with.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If they're askin for someone else in the deal in addition to Graterol because of his medical history, I hope they tell them to pack sand.  Then we'll find out how bad the Sox want to get rid of Betts and Price $$$s.

Just look how much the Timber Woofies were willing to give up to get rid of Wiggins.

Minnesota sports fans have a history of frustration, but how come our teams always find a way to "Buy High and Sell Low?"  :doah:
You hit the nail on the head, Steve-o, as the Twins backed out of the deal when they started askin for another top prospect. :happy1: :cool: Heard too that their front office was gettin so much heat from the fans for tradin Betts that they're just using the medical staff to cover their :moon:. :tut:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where the pitchers & catchers report to camp already Wednesday, Spring's getting closer. :cool:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they got Maeda in a trade with LAD.  :happy1: :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just read Buxton got hauled off the field on a cart. Ankle injury. :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
New nickname?   Tater Chip.

Not for how he hits homeruns (taters) but for how fragile he seems?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a reminder, Twins vs Cubs @ 6:05 tonight on FSN :happy1: :cool:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I had FSN to see how they cover the game with no fans.

And its hard to imagine what a radio broadcast will be like without the din of the crowd noise in the background or the eruption of excitement when the Twinkies do something good.  I guess I'll have to tune in to see how it goes.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never been a big baseball fan.  I have a buddy who is and my 2 brothers are too.  SO this year my brothers and I did what we do for the Vikes.  We each pick how many wins.  Brother 1 says 41, Brother 2 says 37, I said 34.  This is for a bottle of brandy.  Maybe it will instill more Twins baseball enjoyment in me. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They lost 4-3, Bailey the new starter didn't look sharp & neither was Donaldson, our big FA signing. I wanted to see some of the new guys so......................................it was pretty strange with the stands being empty. :crazy:
« Last Edit: July 07/23/20, 08:01:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Think I still have my YouTube TV subscription so may have to tune it in. Afraid like some of you tho it's going to be hard for me to get up for games with no fans in the stands. Maybe they'll come up with something like a laugh track as they have on TV shows.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost sounded to me like they had a" fan track" or something like it last night :scratch:, that or it was the players & we're not used to hearin that.  :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So if the Twins have 35 or under for wins I win.  So far so good but I would like to see them win all 35 of them.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost sounded to me like they had a" fan track" or something like it last night :scratch:, that or it was the players & we're not used to hearin that.  :confused:
I was right, Dotch, heard 'em say before the NYY/WSH game last night that they ARE pipin in crowd noise. At the LAD/SF game last night they had cardboard cutouts of the fans in the stands too. :scratch:  :rolleyes: :doah:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy *Bleep*

I was just on Fox Sports and they posted their power rankings for this odd season.  The Twinkies are #3!!!   :scratch:

MLB OPENING DAY POWER RANKINGS
« Last Edit: July 07/24/20, 08:18:36 AM by Steve-o »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Season opener @ 7:10 tonight vs the White Sox, Berrios gets the ball. :happy1: :cool: Available on FSN, FSNO, & NSCH.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Holy *Bleep*

I was just on Fox Sports and they posted their power rankings for this odd season.  The Twinkies are #3!!!   :scratch:

MLB OPENING DAY POWER RANKINGS
there was an article yesterday on MSN's homepage about potent the Twinkies lineup is, and all the options rocko has with it!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm definitely cooling in the cave tonight  and tuning in..