Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2020 Twins  (Read 20877 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, too bad about Rooker :pouty:. Him & Jeffers have both played well for 'em the last few weeks.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Hope May & Rosario aren't hurt too bad. :pouty:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
ESPN says they're both day to day. :scratch:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Big thank you to Cleveland for sweeping the White Sux.   :happy1:

If the Twinks take out Cincy they win the division and get the home field for round one. Then off to the bubble in San Diego if they win round one.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Fingers crossed.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Big thank you to Cleveland for sweeping the White Sux.   :happy1:

If the Twinks take out Cincy they win the division and get the home field for round one. Then off to the bubble in San Diego if they win round one.
Cincy's been hot for the last 2 weeks(8-2) & are the # 7 seed in the NL if the playoffs started today.
Fingers crossed.
Not lookin good  :pouty:, 4-1 now  :rolleyes:, so far tonight either.
« Last Edit: September 09/25/20, 09:10:59 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This was the first season that my wife and I became Twins fans and watched most of the games.  I can't imagine a 160 game season.  That is a lot of games.  I was surprised how many errors occurred.  And I was also surprised how far out of the zone some of the strikes were.  But it was fun and we will watch next year too.  I heard them say that the strike zone will be a lazer computer thing within five years so it is more accurate.  Purists won't like this but wouldn't bother me I don't think.  Oh well now the Vikes, Gophers, Bison will be the focus.    And South Dakota State in Brookings too.  Have had a few family members go there. 
« Last Edit: September 09/30/20, 05:39:23 PM by LPS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya the umps were bad, but if you can't hit you won't win, let alone run the bases, make plays in the field, pitch...

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Wonder if next year the "Bombas" tee shirt will be replaced with the "hitless in Mpls" tee shirt.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
What is that old saying??/

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
What is that old saying??/
Sure hope they resign Cruz as he's a FA. He sayin he wants to stay but he'd like a 2 year deal with some guaranteed $. Cruz, Maeda, & Berrios were the only ones to carry their weight in the series IMO. Oh & the rookie yday played well.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
The playoff format changed, but the nightmare continues for Minnesota Twins fans.

After being swept in their 2020 wild-card series by the Houston Astros, the Twins extended their MLB playoffs losing streak to a record 18 games. Minnesota has been outscored 107-48 in that stretch.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Must be a subliminal message in that attachment you posted Grandpa Tom. When I first read it I thought it said "Have a Crown, Keep Calm & Wait For the Next Year!!!"  :scratch:

It was a disappointing end to the season although with the crappy TV coverage, BLM nonsense, goofed up season and oddball playoff format I hadn't invested an awful lot of emotional capital. They certainly had the pieces in place. A few too many injuries and that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The good news is the Indians and White Sux also are out. The crappy division put 3 teams into the play-offs and all are done.   :happy1:

Yankees & Tampa Bay will be a great series. They don't like each other much and neither Boone or Cash are beyond having their team play some old country hardball.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i read that the Twinkies resigned Crus onn a 1 year deal for 13 mil. i went into the wrong line of work!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :rolleyes: :doah: You'd most likely been retired by the time you were 23, I think this is Cruz's
 23rd season & he's gonna be 41. :tut:                       ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/04/21, 11:34:16 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I wish ol' #14 - Kent Hrbek - could have hung on a bit longer.  He retired at the age of 34.

You wonder what he could have done if he would have had access to modern training and diet methods and theories.

Still, I ain't ripping the guy.  He gave the Twins and their fans 14 outstanding years.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Considering there is little to no spring in this state for baseball players it amazes me the amount of first rate major league players this state has produced.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Think ol' Herbie probably really liked his red meat along with a couple brews while he was playing & still might. Always pretty good RBI guy in the clutch & would surprise a lot of people with his glove too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know this is an old thread but I can't believe how many injuries there are in baseball.  Kind of a new fan since I retired.  Now Kiriloff and Arruez are both injured. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't, can't watch them but do follow them via the paper and news, yea it's been one injury after another for that team all year

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've still been watching most of the time but Kirilloff's injury is nothing new as he had the same thing in '19. He's having surgery in the next couple days. Where Arraez slipped & hurt his knee in the outfield must be a bad spot on that field as Larnach slipped last night in the same spot, luckily he didn't get hurt. Lots of injuries everywhere this year :crazy:& most are blaming the CV-19 shortened 2020 season along with the changes required to Spring Training this year for much of it. Been hard to watch sometimes :pouty:, the pitching especially, but they're starting to score some runs now. Getting swept by Detroit really hurt. :sad:
« Last Edit: July 07/22/21, 08:16:05 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not a doctor, but ...

It seems all sports have been dealing with more and more injuries.  Athletes try to blame changes to team practice (too many preseason games for football athletes vs. not enough spring training for baseball) and game schedules (too many back-to-back games) for much of this.  However, to me, these amount to no more than labor/management disputes.  Today's athletes seem to prefer less organized practice and easier travel schedules.

Athletes in decades past had tougher practices, similar travel schedules, less accommodating accommodations, and more playing time with fewer days off - AND seemingly had fewer injuries.  (Either that or they played hurt.)

But if there actually are more injuries today, it ain't because of the practice and game schedules.  I think it simply because athletes are bigger, stronger, faster.  There are more frequent and bigger bursts of speed and power, which result strains, tears, or bigger collisions that cause more injury.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i know. it really suxs getting injuried............i suffered several reaching for my beer and chips!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There seems to be a rumor floating around that Cruz might be going to Tampa Bay. Twins are mailing it in  :confused: :doofus:

Well it's no longer a rumor. :confused: :confused:
« Last Edit: July 07/22/21, 08:14:33 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Done deal. And I don't care anymore. This from a former fan who started watching the Twins from his high chair back in the early 60's. Can't get the games live. Watch some of the replays at noon if having lunch at The Willows. Not missing anything apparently. SSDD. Invested my emotional & spare time capital elsewhere.  :angry: 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm not a doctor, but ...

It seems all sports have been dealing with more and more injuries.  Athletes try to blame changes to team practice (too many preseason games for football athletes vs. not enough spring training for baseball) and game schedules (too many back-to-back games) for much of this.  However, to me, these amount to no more than labor/management disputes.  Today's athletes seem to prefer less organized practice and easier travel schedules.

Athletes in decades past had tougher practices, similar travel schedules, less accommodating accommodations, and more playing time with fewer days off - AND seemingly had fewer injuries.  (Either that or they played hurt.)

But if there actually are more injuries today, it ain't because of the practice and game schedules.  I think it simply because athletes are bigger, stronger, faster.  There are more frequent and bigger bursts of speed and power, which result strains, tears, or bigger collisions that cause more injury.

Your last paragraph hit it. In addition some of these guys are juicing still and it breaks things down. You also have over training. These guys are specializing in their sport from the time they are in high school. These joints and muscles never have time to heal & rest. Blame it on the money.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see where the Twins traded Berrios to Toronto.......... what a pathetic baseball organization. :doah: :surrender: :bs: :bs:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: They need pitching bad & 6 of the 7 players they got at the trade deadline were pitchers, the other was a guy they wanted to draft but Toronto took him 1st. Not much pitching in the minors either as any that are close to ready have played in the majors this season. Seen 1 report where they thought that the 2 guys they got for Cruz from TB could both pitch for the Twins next year already. Berrios had 1 year left on his deal & they've been trying to sign him to an extension all season but the 2 sides were not even close on the terms. Besides Berrios had come out & said recently he wanted to try free agency. So he was gone anyway, with nothin in return.  :bs: :sad: