Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Whatcha making for the Super Bowl  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm making spare ribs today.  Maybe some cole slaw and baked beans on the side.  Cubs has spareribs for 1.77 lb. today.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nuttin that's gonna set the world on fire. having some cheese curds then a pizza. verdict is still out on the pizza. maybe a Marnitellis deliverd, maybe a lottza mottza, maybe a heggies. :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Have all three. Take a piece of each and make a pizza sandwich. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/02/20, 10:55:04 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good football game. Commercials suck though.

Had the cheese curds, passing on the pizza. To full. :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Made the lotsa slopsa pizza.....toppings slid off in one big greasy sloppy mess.    :thumbs:
Threw it in the garbage. Ate 2 leftover tacos and a couple burritos.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/20, 07:41:30 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made the lotsa slopsa pizza.....toppings slid off in one big greasy sloppy mess.    :thumbs:
:crazy: :crazy: why is it your the only one that has that issue? :pouty: :doofus:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I had the same issue with the supreme, the others are good.............  just my 2 cents....

and I have a bar style pizza over too!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what this was. A puddle of grease and sauce oozing out while it was on the cardboard.
Friggin' oil slick. Reminded me of the greasy pizzas we used to make at the bar. I'm done buyin' 'em.   I'll stick with Tombstones or Papa Murphy's.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/20, 08:38:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
More for me then :happy1: :happy1: we never get the supreme in any brand. This trip the pepperoni and sausage or the 4 meat pizzas.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They taste good, and have lots of toppings, but the grease issue...

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great! Better than my grease bomb pizza slider!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/03/20, 07:27:18 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Having just the right amount of tasty grease is an art. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Coulda driven the truck over it and gotten a lube job.  :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Update on yesterday's ribs.  Never had them.  Had a senior moment.  I prepped the ribs, covered the pan with foil, put the pan in the oven but forgot one major part.  Did not turn the oven on.  Why?  My lab Lucy kept giving me the I want my dinner look.  So I fed her and by doing that lost my train of thought and started to relax and went to watch the tube.  4:30 came and I went to check on the ribs and to sauce them.  Opened the oven and it was cold.  It was then it dawned on me about turning the oven on.  Well too late at that point to do the ribs.  Glad I keep some spaghetti sauce handy so spaghetti it was.  My wife is still giving me a hard time about yesterday.  She asked me this morning "what are we having today, oh ya ribs".  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Update on yesterday's ribs.  Never had them.  Had a senior moment.  I prepped the ribs, covered the pan with foil, put the pan in the oven but forgot one major part.  Did not turn the oven on.  Why?  My lab Lucy kept giving me the I want my dinner look.  So I fed her and by doing that lost my train of thought and started to relax and went to watch the tube.  4:30 came and I went to check on the ribs and to sauce them.  Opened the oven and it was cold.  It was then it dawned on me about turning the oven on.  Well too late at that point to do the ribs.  Glad I keep some spaghetti sauce handy so spaghetti it was.  My wife is still giving me a hard time about yesterday.  She asked me this morning "what are we having today, oh ya ribs".  good luck.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: OOPS!!!!!!! i gotta blame things on the dog!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
"That darned RH....I just asked for dinner....."

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear that RH.  Now I am not the only one that does that kind of stuff at times.  The ribs will be even better tonight.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup more infused flavor!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I was ready to pull the chicky out the other day and do the marinade. I didn't even HAVE any chicky!  :doofus:   :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I was ready to pull the chicky out the other day and do the marinade. I didn't even HAVE any chicky!  :doofus:   :bonk:

then go get some!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

why??? :scratch: :scratch: he gotz pleny of skwirrels!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I just did! No Unnecessary trips here! Gotta watch that cash flow! (or lack of it)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I just did! No Unnecessary trips here! Gotta watch that cash flow! (or lack of it)

:happy1: :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ribs went in the oven at 3 pm.  Lasagna tomorrow.  pics later.  That was the first time I have ever done that.  Would be a bummer if I forgot to turn the smoker on with a full load LOL.  8 hours later I come out and the meat is spoiled if it was summer.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well  got the ribs done yesterday.  Sauced one half of the spareribs and just used rub on the other half.  Turned out tender as a butchers heart.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never done ribs in the oven but have thought about doing it on cold days.  How long do you cook them and at what temp?  Do you foil them?

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I like doing them in the smoker when I have time.  But a oven is no different than a smoker, just no smoke and I do them at a higher temp.  I season the ribs and then put them in a aluminum  pan.  Then I cover the pan with foil.  So the 3-2-1- plan for ribs go out the window.  When the ribs start to get tender I sauce the ribs and leave the foil off at that time.  At 350 it took about 2 1/2 hours for the whole deal.  Ribs were at room temp when I put them in the oven so it took shorter time.  Best to take a peek once in awhile and check on them.  good luck.