Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: G T G different lake?  (Read 17589 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang dk, glad to hear you are ok and a big thanks again to setting this fishin mission up!!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Dang dk, glad to hear you are ok and a big thanks again to setting this fishin mission up!!  :happy1:
X2. glad to hear your on the mend!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Thanks guys.  I really didn't want to die in a bathroom.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad everyone caught fish.  Still feel crapty.   I dont know if the general shared with everyone on the ice but Friday I had a heart procedure done.  I had a very bad reaction to a new heart medication.  I ended up collapsing in the bathroom at home. I was alone and it took me 20 min to reach my cell phone and call 911.  6 hours in the ER and I was allowed to go home.  I'm still very sore.  I will be taking my youngest daughter out there Saturday if anyone wants to come.
you sure your going to be healthy enough. don't want to push it. but you gotta know!!!!!
I can PM you my hotspot!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

does sound like an interesting propostion  :scratch: :scratch: i've been wanting to hit Koronis all winter. i think that might be my destination saturday. :scratch:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Boy, trying to guide this bunch can be really bad news.  I tried a week ago and the furnace went out during the night and I had to fix it rather than go fishing.  Now dakids tops that with a trip to the hospital.  I guess we have to stay away from guiding for a while. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, trying to guide this bunch can be really bad news.  I tried a week ago and the furnace went out during the night and I had to fix it rather than go fishing.  Now dakids tops that with a trip to the hospital.  I guess we have to stay away from guiding for a while.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: well dakids did offer again next Saturday!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

no i'm scared to go!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
kinda looks like the agony of defeat is starting to settle in. :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: not near as much whining and excuses as this morning!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

admit IT….i'm still the NORD LORD!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :clap: :clap: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: :doah: A group thing or just some union thug karma comin back to haunt everybody thing?  :crazy: :confused:                      ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: :doah: A group thing or just some union thug karma comin back to haunt everybody thing?  :crazy: :confused:                      ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: well the Union Thug did the beatdown and showed them rookies who that top dog of fishing was!!!!!!!!!! :fishing: :fishing: :old fisherman: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

its even left boar speechless!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Pretty soon, yer gonna need Sarah Huckabee to be yer news director!!   :reporter;

"Purse yer lips like this and go Oooooooooooh, the Nord King".................. :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope you are feeling better dk! Feeling crapty is not good.  :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Took a little excursion today and ventured out to the grocery store.  I'm tuckered out.  Going to call into work tonight.  No need to kill myself for an employer that would replace me before I was cold,dead and buried.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glenn with all this chest puffing I guess I need to congratulate you on taking over 1st place in the contest.  I hope its not just because you passed boar because that's not saying a whole heck of a lot. :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Took a little excursion today and ventured out to the grocery store.  I'm tuckered out.  Going to call into work tonight.  No need to kill myself for an employer that would replace me before I was cold,dead and buried.

Hope ya feel/get better. And don't push it for yer employer. It never works. Believe me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn with all this chest puffing I guess I need to congratulate you on taking over 1st place in the contest.  I hope its not just because you passed boar because that's not saying a whole heck of a lot. :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: thanks..........well that was goal #1, but also the fact that that i outfished the GENERAL and HD.........IS also self serving!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, Sarah Huckabee is holding on line #1 for ya..... ;)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey thanks for the invite on Saturday dk, if it wasnt fer the tax lady  the kid and I would definitely come out.  The way it's looking we'll have good ice fer a while,  we can always do a panfish g-t-g at some point somewhere yet..

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Congrates glennn!!! :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey thanks for the invite on Saturday dk, if it wasnt fer the tax lady  the kid and I would definitely come out.  The way it's looking we'll have good ice fer a while,  we can always do a panfish g-t-g at some point somewhere yet..

Tullies are always fun and there are a few guys on here that might have an idea o. What to do with them.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I had GTG'rs a few years ago when I was on a couple of other sites which I am no longer on.  Fun times.  It was on Grindstone lake.  Leech came to some of them.  I brought my chili dogs I made and some polish and my German kraut to top them off.  Other guys brought wings and other stuff.  I gave away my Canadian bacon and some tip ups by drawing the numbers.  Had guys from both sites every year.  Always nice to meet the guy's you see posting.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Some year I want to fish Grindstone. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
howes winnie's ice doing, itd be fun to gtg for perch
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last I heard noneof the resorts had much if any roads out on the lake.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a relative that usually goes to Nodaks, west side of Winnie just north of Bena, for the last weekend of walleye contact me the end of January to see if I knew of any place they could go as Nodaks had NO roads thus no icefishing out of their resort at all this season. :crazy: A lot of perch :fishing: on that side of Winnie from what I understand.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a relative that usually goes to Nodaks, west side of Winnie just north of Bena, for the last weekend of walleye contact me the end of January to see if I knew of any place they could go as Nodaks had NO roads thus no icefishing out of their resort at all this season. :crazy: A lot of perch :fishing: on that side of Winnie from what I understand.
yea i think they head that way later on in the season. i friend of mine took a few trips up there and went out off some public access. he brought his ice shack, parked it on the access and went out with a wheeler or sled. said e got into nice crappies after dark. this was a few years ago.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a small PA up in that corner from what I gather. Never been there but when we head to Bemidji we usually go 'round that way & there's a sign for it just north of the Big Fish Supper Club. There's a Co Rd that heads a bit NE back towards the lake right there as well.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS,  Grindstone is one of them one of a kind lakes.  Fished it since the early 70's.  Lake trout, rainbows, brown trout, big smallmouth, huge pike and I got my PB crappie out of there at 17 inches with some 15 inchers also.  Why do the fish get big in that lake, smelt and lot's of them.  I ice fish for smelt at times.  this time of the year you will see portables bunched up by the smelt hole fishing suspended schools of smelt around 25 feet over 80 feet deep.  You would think the lake gets a lot of pressure but it doesn't.  Hard water it does for trout and on opener for trout on open water.  After that you may just see me out there or a boat from one of the cabins on the lake.  In the fall when the big bass and pike cruise the shallows there is hardly anyone out there.  I'ts not a walleye lake so most folks leave it alone.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I lived in Stillwater I liked to fish Square Lake just north of town.  It is a very small lake but the DNR put trout and salmon in it.  I caught a 5 lb rainbow there once and smaller ones too.  So much fun to catch different kinds of fish like that.  Man do they fight.  Had them get out of my hands and right back down the hole too.  That is when I heard people talk about Grindstone.  Will make it there sometime.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Did smurfs catch anything other than them rough fish?