Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Beef ribs  (Read 6564 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Reb, I bet they had and still do have some great places to eat.  For me St. Paul is a nightmare to drive in.  Way back when my buddies took me to some strip joints there.  But to learn the streets was not for me.  Mpls is much better as far as streets. But I don't like it there as well.  Just don't like big cities at all.  I haven't been back to St. Paul in many years and the same with Mpls.  Like things quiet as much as I can.  I don't even like the drive up 35w up to Duluth.  Once past Duluth I take the scenic route instead of continuing the main highway to Two Harbors.  Love it up there.  But driving through St. Paul for me will never happen unless I HAVE too.  Just don't like big cities.  good luck.
I take the scenic drive too! At least a couple times a year (more so in the the spring when the steal head are running)
South has never been good for me, but, at the moment, work has me going that way.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
St. Paul really isnt so bad! I find Mpls a whole more difficult to navigate...and I hate driving.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
meh..... as long as I know where i'm going big city driving don't bother me.  wanna get road rage....drive in st cloud  :doofus: :doofus: especially in summer months when its raining!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: think all the sheep farmers are in town!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Grew up in St Paul so don't have much trouble with Midway, University Ave, Highland park, etc.   East side, West St Paul, that's different.   I didn't get over in those areas much.   

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Been there, eaten there. Unfortunately, they sold the place after finally getting it, and now it's owned by two Mexican guys. But, that's St.Paul...lots of neat little ethnic places in the Frogtown area. I love 'em. Great Mexican, ribs, Asian, fish, etc. Take a stroll down Grand Avenue...We'll see how the rib place does.

Uh, Grand Ave is yuppyville.  University, or maybe Selby.... Not Grand....

Ah yes,1st few warm spring days cruising down grand ave is great,young college gals out walking or hangin out at the yuppi side walk cafe's,hard to stay on the road sometimes

Agreed,about the Tavern on grand for eats,best home made pot pies and walleye shore lunch but that entire ave is a bitch to find parking,residents need parking permits to park on side streets even in front of they're houses,Not sure if the tavern is still open,last Iherd it was closing couple years ago?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Never heard that. Open with same owners and business is booming.

http://www.thetavernongrand.com/

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dunno? just here say on my end,maybe never closed?,might have to swing by one day to check it out.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Anywho, back to the ribs, been a lot of babybacks on sale around here. Odd time of year for ribs to go on sale? Any idea why now? Not exactly shorts-on-the-deck weather..

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Anywho, back to the ribs, been a lot of babybacks on sale around here. Odd time of year for ribs to go on sale? Any idea why now? Not exactly shorts-on-the-deck weather..

Cutting up pigs, got extra ribs, and nobody buying?   

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Del you are right.  Ribs are less in demand this time of the year and they have to move them.  They also have a big sale on memorial weekend and Labor day weekend and those are previously frozen most of the time.   Most of the pork ribs that come in to the stores are frozen.  Just show's you how many hogs are in the market every year.  Two racks of baby backs per hog.  Same with spare ribs.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good time to stock up. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I was thinking. :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha Ha man did I make  hall yesterday.  Got a nice big chuck roast, some bacon, some hot dogs and I got a 4 pack of beef ribs.  They are about 4 lbs each.  They gave me a deal at $4.26 lb.  Oh ya, the wife sat in the truck so I was unsupervised whilst in the store!!!   SO I also got a jar of horseradish/garlic pickles..   Oh ya are they good.  Too darn cold today or I would have liked to do a chunk of the ribs.  Will cook the chuck instead either today or tomorrow as a pot roast.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got this all at Stittsworth Meats in Bemidji.  Fun place to check out.  Smells great with all of the smoked meat in there.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, yep those are the plates for sure.  Just need some trim here and there.  You will love those ribs.  good luck.