Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ford F-150  (Read 5739 times)

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Looking at a different truck. Its a F-150 with the 2.7L ecoboost motor. It doesnt have the power or take off as the 3.5L ecoboost but i'm wondering if anyone else has one and if they find that its not enough motor or have had any issues.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read on it.  Go 3.5 if you are towing anything it looks to me. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
If yer not going the ecoboost 3.5, go the 5.0. 11,500 lb's towing. 302's a bulletproof engine. Look at all the Mustangs GT's and Shelby's , all with the 5.0
Wish I would have ordered that in mine instead of the 5.4 Triton. But, no complaints there, either.
« Last Edit: February 02/05/20, 03:50:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I’ve got a 2018 F 150 with the 5.0 it pulls like a train and it gets 18-19 mpg. My dad is a recently semi retired mechanic he says stay away from the 3.5 it’s a good motor if your pulling your little utility trailer but not a boat or anything bigger. He’s had people with 3.5’s at the shop and knocking the bottom out of the motor pulling larger stuff. I haven’t pulled my boat yet with mine but I’m very confident it’ll handle it no problem. Plus it has a sport mode it’ll drag a lot of cars off the line.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
buy a CHEBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :mooning: :mooning:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. Trailer power.    ;)
« Last Edit: February 02/05/20, 07:31:51 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a ford guy but have plenty of friends that are and concur about the 5lit over eco boost...all tell me the same as reb,some learned the hard way bought the 3.5 based on milage specs(mpg's) which didn't happen,issues with enging knock trailering unless using premium fuel for heavy loads per ford dealer recommendation ,also on page 200 of fords owner manuel,but running empty the 3.5 is a rabbit when the turbo kicks in...the gm 5.3 has been tweaked to 355hp and if that ain't enough the 6.2 puts out 420hp with tons of torq. and deeper rear end gears for pulling.But reb is spot on,survey says go 5lit .

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I've had GMC, Ford, dodge in the past 10 years.   Only trick I'd never buy again is anything with the 5.3.  Chevy and GMC do not have their arm figured out and they will use oil it's just a matter of time.   I'd get the 3.5 EcoBoost all week long and twice on Sunday.   That truck was great.  However I wasn't pulling trailers loaded down with 11,000 pounds. If people are doing that on a regular basis they shouldn't have a half ton anyway. Just my 2 cents.   Last 2 trucks have been dodge with the hemi and so fast so good.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I've had GMC, Ford, dodge in the past 10 years.   Only trick I'd never buy again is anything with the 5.3.  Chevy and GMC do not have their arm figured out and they will use oil it's just a matter of time.   I'd get the 3.5 EcoBoost all week long and twice on Sunday.   That truck was great.  However I wasn't pulling trailers loaded down with 11,000 pounds. If people are doing that on a regular basis they shouldn't have a half ton anyway. Just my 2 cents.   Last 2 trucks have been dodge with the hemi and so fast so good.
oh stop it general,oil consumption on the 5.3 was 15 years ago.times have changed, per our service dept anyway  (GM) or go HD  with the 6.6lit gasser proven stump puller powertrain,

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Loving my Ram.  395 HP with 8 spd tranny.  Pulls our camper smooth as heck.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
oh stop it general,oil consumption on the 5.3 was 15 years ago.times have changed, per our service dept anyway  (GM) or go HD  with the 6.6lit gasser proven stump puller powertrain,
Brother in law just traded his 2015 with 70,000 and it was using oil.   However it's your money do as you like.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys ever notice how many Rams are on the roads.. :happy1: enough said..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
on the side of the road!!!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

:sorry: mikey dared me!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very funny Glenn.  Ya they are everywhere.  I heard Forest Lake Ram dealership gives the best prices in the state and that Ram is kicking azz on the others cuz they are well priced????  Two guys here bought them there and they said (don't quote me) that they sell 30 or 40 new ones a day. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's whatever ya like. I like Rams. Looked at a silver one for quite a bit before I ordered Mr. Sparkles. I sure like their wheels a lot more than I do the Fords. But the seats were really uncomfortable for my back. Ford ones felt a lot better to me.
« Last Edit: February 02/07/20, 12:31:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother in law just traded his 2015 with 70,000 and it was using oil.   However it's your money do as you like.

Well at 70k she will use some oil.now if its a couple quarts per 100 miles he still has a powertrain warrenty to fix or take the cash offered and run (6yr/100k powertrain coverage on his 2015) so the clock is ticking,my 1500 5.3 2017 with 170k burns about 2qts every 3500 miles ,shop calls it normal and she's out of warrenty but runs great still,plugs and fuel filter last fall thats all so far.

eyeballing the new colorado ZR2 as I don't really need a full size truck these days and this redesigned colorado has plenty of cab room for me and my pup,great milage as well with the v-6

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

yup all rusted too,they have pretty big rebates on em all year as they're a tough sell otherwise.was snooping at fury motors last fall,they still had 2017's in stock dirt cheap,they drive nice but feel /sound like a tin can when I slammed the door shut.also eye balled the f150 but on the fence on the aluminum body.(extra $4k).

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What do you mean extra? All the Fords are aluminum bodies, and have been since 2015. You can't get anything else....

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
well its been that long? I compared prices when it was either or according to the forest lake dealership i hit.not a ford guy but had to look,sniff the paint and kick the tires and drive one.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's nothing new. Porsche was making aluminum hoods and side panels in the 50's. So was Alfa Romeo.  The Chevy Silverado followed suit, now using aluminum in their swing panels, doors, hoods, and tailgates.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I even took a spin in a rice burner (toyota), cab was to small for my big arse and lack of head room,I believe these jap vehicles cater to smaller folks but they sure seem to last,seen the 1st toy truck with a plow yesterday,well kinda a plow it was a poly plow called sno-way looked like a 6.6 ft'er most likely for the guyz driveway or?