Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 508512 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
More news,local  news said folks that got the moderna jab will need a booster come september.... good grief.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought I heard the opposite of that..  who knows....   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen that yesterday too about the Moderna.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought I heard the opposite of that..  who knows....

Yeah,typical wishy washy,just like the mask yay or nay and if yay how many masks needed to be effective? :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: BUT.................but.................. we can't get a booster until ALL the poor 3rd world countries get a chance at their 1st poke, can we? :crazy: :tut: :doah: The next battle on the horizon according to the WHO!!  :doofus:  :mooning:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I get a charge out of the mask debate concerning cloth & surgical masks. Their most recent excuse about requiring them is they're better than doing nothing. Wrapping @$$wipe with brown shoe polish on it around your face would better than nothing too! Betting people would be more apt to stay the he'll away from you. Fum ducks!

« Last Edit: August 08/06/21, 10:53:52 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I may haveta ask the new neighbor lady for an item........ :censored:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting!!! Good find! Thanks Mikey! I already take it..... :smiley:

NOTE: It is a prescription Tier 2 formulary drug; just an FYI.
« Last Edit: August 08/06/21, 11:47:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that!!!!   :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What small grocery stores were ever shut down? Just asking because I didn't see any or hardware stores either.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Try clothing stores, shoe stores, hair salons, barber shops, fitness centers, flower shops, & restaurants that couldn't do take out for starters. 
« Last Edit: August 08/07/21, 10:49:46 AM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad fact but if ypu shut down Walmart and Costco the infrastructure isn't there to feed America. Kind of like saying I like family farms so let's shut down all corporate farming, it just ain't happening.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ah, that may be but my guess is much of small town America would be just fine without them. We were before they showed up. Hey, I know, let's do like the goofy Mich governor tried to do, limit what can be bought to only "essentials" from those places, just as was the case on main street small town USA. Share the misery equally. Fair is fair, no?  :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We lost a crapload of restaurants here, for good. And a big bar/restaurant that's been here for over 40 yrs...Dooley's. Tory, the owner, said it was all due to the COVID shut-down and idiocy in this town. (his words) Lost some other bars, too. Lost a couple clothing stores, too. Ace Hardware closed. A tailor shop closed.
Lost a great bakery on Broadway, and one over NW. We actually don't have any real bakery anymore...in a town of 125,000. Lost at least one gas station, too. Yet the big box stores were OK to remain open; a lot of these small ones weren't allowed to. I no longer shop at Walmart anymore, and sure don't miss it. The little guys have what I want, and better.

Some of the losses:

https://www.postbulletin.com/business/restaurants-and-bars/6794591-Rochester-restaurants-we-lost-during-the-pandemic
« Last Edit: August 08/07/21, 11:41:33 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It is the consumer that collectively demanded cheap prices. This is what led to main street's demise
 Hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube now. Walmart alone has 26 percent of the retail grocery market nationwide. Along with a handful of other biggies they are vital for our food chain whether we like it or not.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya I've heard this argument before, too big to fail and that it's the consumer that demanded it. Fine. If that's the case, all small towns should be boarded up and buffalo be roaming the land by now. Not until they could be registered to vote however... :rotflmao: Ah, but not the case. Wagner's still does a thriving business here. The meat markets are doing well also. Increasingly there's a movement afoot where people want to be able to identify where their food is coming from and how it was raised. That's part of what Neighbor's Meats is all about. Once they get their USDA inspection in place, they'll be able to capitalize on that market and probably sell a lot of things for less than Walmart does and offer more of a variety than they do in what they are offering. Can one get a locally raised lamb produced to specs a few miles out of town processed at Walmart or Costco? Betting not.
« Last Edit: August 08/07/21, 11:44:13 AM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, I ran my own small business full time for 35 years so I'm with ya Dotch. The examples you state, however, are the exceptions that prove the rule.I don't have to like it to realize what the facts are.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And I am about as anti-corporate as anti-corporate can get. I tried getting along with the likes of Cenex, Monsatan, DuPont & others over the years but morally I couldn't do it. Probably could've been a very rich man if I had. Wouldn't have been able to sleep at night either. Be brainwashed into telling people lies in order to make sales? Not me. While they squash people like bugs daily in the name of corporate greed, that doesn't mean I have to approve of it. Nor does it mean I won't fight them tooth and nail every chance I get when they behave as they do. End of rant.     
« Last Edit: August 08/08/21, 09:06:51 PM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
And I am about as anti-corporate as anti-corporate can get. I tried getting along with the likes of Cenex, Monsatan, DuPont & others over the years but morally I couldn't do it. Probably could've been a very rich man if I had. Wouldn't have been able to sleep at night either. Be brainwashed into telling people lies in order to make sales? Not me. While they squash people like bugs daily in the name of corporate greed, that doesn't mean I have to approve of it. Nor does it mean I won't fight them tooth and nail every chance I get when behave as they do. End of rant.     
I hear ya but I also know of many small businesses that cannot claim the moral high ground. This includes any small business I can think of from farming to cabininetmaking to retail. Greed and unscrupulous behavior are not exclusive to any size endeavor.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy carp the paranoia....   

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm with ya Reb,never set foot in our local walmart way before the china syndrom,I'm told our local wally world is like being in a 3rd world flea market(white bear lake) from local skuttle butt.

in my small town today we have so much residential building going on,it's scary.our festival grocery store can barely handle the weekly crowds,lines at check out several people deep 7 days a week,same with our kowalskis grocery store in white bear lake.

Talked with our city (Hugo) manager about our current residential building going on,city took 50 acres eminate domain local farm this spring to build 8 40 room apts(low income ,this after 630 houses,last summer just in one location,anther 330 town homes across the lake from my house,again farmers land,eminate domain,city planner said "people need to stop having so many children",sadly it will never happen,but putting a cap on children for each family might work,as austrailia and china both have this in place.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
How's the walmart on County road E?    Last time I was there it didn't seem bad. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
If I need it I go get it, doesn't matter if it's a big chain or not. Nothing really has taking a hit in this area that I know of, I don't eat out much so could care less of the eateries,  find something else to do if it's slow. Now if Kingsford goes otta business I'll be screwed...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read one of the cruise lines (Carnival?) and one airline says you must now present proof of yer vaccine or you don't get on board. I thought that was declared illegal and unconstitutional? So who's making up these laws, and whose gonna enforce 'em?  Interesting that Mayo didn't hand out the vac card when I got mine; said they had run out months ago. If ya want proof, you have to go to yer online record and print a copy of yer vaccines...:confused:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems to me if a company  wants you to show  you are vaccinated that is up to them.     Mayo never handed out the vaccine cards, so far as I know.   Wife didn't get one either and she was pretty soon after they got started.   VA gave me one.   

WTF is the matter with people that they don't want to get vaccinated?   Who is afraid of Bill Gates.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems to me if a company  wants you to show  you are vaccinated that is up to them.     Mayo never handed out the vaccine cards, so far as I know.   Wife didn't get one either and she was pretty soon after they got started.   VA gave me one.   

WTF is the matter with people that they don't want to get vaccinated?   Who is afraid of Bill Gates.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I could say the same about people that want to take an experimental vaccine that was rushed out. It is called personal choice. You want to be a ginny pig, have at it. Your choice.
« Last Edit: August 08/10/21, 07:35:17 AM by Jerkbiat »
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed JB,if getting the jab was/is such a high prioity,why not jabbing the 100's of 1000's of illegals invading our country then disperssed throughout our nation,such great news eh?

Yesterday canada opened it's borders only to folks vaccinated and had a nasal check within the last 72 hours....7 hour wait,yet we can't protect our southern border, from these 3rd world invaders,sad deal.