Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503587 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes and no.

Fortunately the virus variants circulating now seem to be less dangerous that the first ones that swept the planet.  Decide for yourself is that is because the virus mutated to a less deadly form, natural immunity has built over time, vaccines helped, or some or all of the above.

We were learning as we went along - doing our best to sift facts as we could attain them.

We are just now learning the damage to our economy due to the mandated shut downs and the government response to spend our way thru Covid.

We are just now learning the damage done to our children by keeping them out of schools and elderly by isolating them from their families.

And we are just now learning the damage we've done to our bodies by taking vaccines - although approved for emergency use - that we had no idea of what long term side-effects would be.

AND thank gawd we did something.  Some things may have been right and some may have been wrong, but I am convinced that things were done in the right spirit to save the country as painless as possible and to help people.  A lot of businesses were killed by it and that is sad.  BUT what if the covid was 10 times more deadly that it was?   We didn't know that at the time.  The same people that are whining now would be whining then.  Am I happy with how it was handled?  Not so much.  Am I mad at what was done?  Not at all. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes and no.

Fortunately the virus variants circulating now seem to be less dangerous that the first ones that swept the planet.  Decide for yourself is that is because the virus mutated to a less deadly form, natural immunity has built over time, vaccines helped, or some or all of the above.

We were learning as we went along - doing our best to sift facts as we could attain them.

We are just now learning the damage to our economy due to the mandated shut downs and the government response to spend our way thru Covid.

We are just now learning the damage done to our children by keeping them out of schools and elderly by isolating them from their families.

And we are just now learning the damage we've done to our bodies by taking vaccines - although approved for emergency use - that we had no idea of what long term side-effects would be.

The problem is they missed so many cues and opportunities while trying to keep people subjugated. The message was seldom positive and usually negative. It was do your part, stay home or you'll kill grandma, not get your @$$ outside, sunshine kills the virus (which data showed), get some exercise, eat healthy, live life, etc., etc. I will never forgive them for that and the damage they caused not only to the economy but the mental health of many including our schoolchildren, the same kids they like to stick in our faces when it's prudent for them to garner votes. I will register that disgust at the polls this fall (already did in the special election) and I encourage like-minded individuals to join me.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes and no.

AND thank gawd we did something.  Some things may have been right and some may have been wrong, but I am convinced that things were done in the right spirit to save the country as painless as possible and to help people.  A lot of businesses were killed by it and that is sad.  BUT what if the covid was 10 times more deadly that it was?   We didn't know that at the time.  The same people that are whining now would be whining then.  Am I happy with how it was handled?  Not so much.  Am I mad at what was done?  Not at all.
I do agree at the beginning they had to do something and was glad they did. But by a month or two into it things didn't need to stay locked down like they were. It became more about controlling the masses. We knew we needed to protect the elderly and the rest of the people could continue on with their everyday lives.  Like Dotch, for that I am angry. Wondering for the longest time if I was going to have a job or not. All because of government control. In the end that is what it all boiled down to.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
White House says unvaccinated migrants allowed in US and tennis player who isn’t are 'two different things’

"How come migrants are allowed to come into this country unvaccinated, but world-class tennis players are not?" he asked White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre. :confused:

"The U.S. government cannot discuss the details of individual visa cases. Due to privacy reasons, the U.S. also does not comment on medical information of individual travelers as it relates to this tennis player," she replied.
 :bs:

Jean-Pierre deferred the question to the CDC, which she said has its own protocols, saying, "It's two different things."  :angry:

"Somebody unvaccinated comes over on a plane, you say that's not OK. Somebody walks into Texas or Arizona unvaccinated, they're allowed to stay?" :scratch:

"That's not how it works. ... It's not like someone walks over," she replied.  :doah:

"That's exactly what is happening," Doocy responded. "Thousands of people are walking in a day. Some of them turn themselves over. Some of them are caught. Tens of thousands a week are not. That is what is happening."

:angry2:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
migrants can vote, tennis players can't...   just sayin....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep Mike,  Democrats at it's finest.  It's crazy how they don't care which direction this country is going in.. :crazy:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
With a straight face Walz tells us what all he has done for the state in his re-election commercial. If he wants to get re-elected he better come up with another way to buy the metro cuz there aren't many outstate votes laying around.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good King Walz has got it in the bag as long as he doesnt have to do more debates.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Our only hope is that the metro voters become complacent and the PO'ed outstate voters show up in force. Tyrant Timmy is not a popular person in the land of rocks and cows. 🐄🐄
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i agree Dotch, i know its a bit early but on my way to and back from the cabin there where ALOT more Jensen/Birk signs then walz. i'm a bit confused though  :scratch: :scratch: why does Birk have is own signs???????

i've been doing a little research on this Jensen, not a fan.......think i'll be going the mary jane candidate!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the Repubs might have had a better chance it Birk was headlining the ticket.

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
i agree Dotch, i know its a bit early but on my way to and back from the cabin there where ALOT more Jensen/Birk signs then walz. i'm a bit confused though  :scratch: :scratch: why does Birk have is own signs???????

i've been doing a little research on this Jensen, not a fan.......think i'll be going the mary jane candidate!!!!! :happy1:

I'm with you glenn. I'm 100% in for change but this guy seems like a tool. The only reason we are seeing Birk signs is because of who he is...they thought it would help.

This Mary Jane fella...might just smok'em all
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that   :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I think the Repubs might have had a better chance it Birk was headlining the ticket.

Jensen will have a better chance if he quits attacking Walz. Everything Walz stands for is basically free money so every time Jensen criticizes him people are reminded Walz gave them money. Bring your own platform and ignore Walz altogether. Birk started and funded his own school so I'm neutral on him right now but Flanagan proves the Lt. Gov is just window dressing and for getting party votes..
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If your platform or lack of platform means you just attack the other party you don't stand a chance.  I would like to hear what he wants to do. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I don't think he has any money compared to King Walz and his Political Action Committees.

Walz "approves" of his positive ads and the PACs take all of Jensen's out-of-context sound bites and plays them over and over and over again in negative ads.

Haven't seen one rebuttal ad from Jensen yet nor any other positive plans.  Not much GOP PAC ads either.  Must be waiting for football season to run them.   :scratch:

Billboards that feature Birk's face with slogans that say "Cheaper Gas" and "Heal Minnesota" aren't going to get the job done.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Jensen is way behind on funding $'s vs. Tyrant Timmy. As you say Steve O, a lot of outside money in his coffers. One education plan I did see on Twitter & elsewhere from Jensen:

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/local-news/candidate-for-governor-dr-scott-jensen-unveils-education-plan/

Guessing there are more, I just haven't looked. Of course the link I posted is being spun by the Red Star as "Jensen proposes to cut education". :rolleyes: I get very little of my news anymore from TV so there are usually things that don't fit the time allotted for the evening news. I don't need their sanitized version. One of my pet peeves is liars. I can make my own decisions about who is being truthful and who isn't. I've been doing it with my employees for years. I can see thru their BS like a cheap blouse  :rotflmao:   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That makes me want to start hoarding again.  LOL

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Here ya go Glenn. This should add to your concern.
https://summit.news/2023/01/18/top-scientist-on-covid-vaccines-withdraw-them-immediately/
Also been in the news that the phizer version is causing strokes in people over 65.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good, I'm glad this is finally over.   :happy1:

Miracle: Biden Ends Same COVID Pandemic For The Third Time

WASHINGTON, D.C. — First, there were the loaves and the fishes. Then came the Trump Presidency. Now, the United States has been blessed to witness another miracle, as President Biden has ended the same COVID-19 pandemic three times in a row.

"No other President has ended the COVID-19 pandemic even once, let alone three times," said gay black Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre at a press conference that still bars entry to anyone who has not recently tested negative, and also mandates the unvaccinated to wear masks and social distance.

"However, we must make this clear," stated Jean-Pierre. "The ongoing pandemic, which President Biden has ended multiple times, is not over."

Critics have voiced concerns about President Biden taking credit for ending the ongoing pandemic, and wonder if President Trump should also receive credit for Operation Warp Speed, which helped rush Pfizer's perfect, 100% effective COVID-19 vaccine into our veins, then hearts.

At publishing time, Biden's team had confirmed there will be a fourth, pandemic-ending miracle in our future, right before the 2024 election.

BabylonBee