Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503369 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I blew by the disinfect isle and went right to the sedative isle, the liquor store shelves are plum full and on sale!!  :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, the fake news is making this way worse than it really is. Like RH said the flu has killed 18,000 people this year and nothing said about that. Actually about a month ago on the national news there were talking about how the flu was more deadly than covid 19. Now all the sudden that is all by the way side. Just the fake news trying to get Trump. All it is.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Let's hope its a false alarm,but with this virus gotta wonder why the medical teams are all suited up? head gear,goggles,don't see em like this with the cold or flu.

after yesterday's update it looks like this corvid 19 is ramping up,apparently the sceening they do ain't worth a sheet,now they think folks are getting the virus from airlines used to evacuate folks from the plague countries once here its spread not only from person to person but anything they touch,cough or sneeze on like reb said buses,commuter train etc....

So i'm still camping out in my wheel house,might head to devils lake tomorrow less folks up there ,better fishing too or maybe head to missouri to bang some snow geese as they are migrating already.

so many discisions....uffda! :doofus:
« Last Edit: March 03/05/20, 09:50:01 AM by snow1 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Airplanes are nothing but germ incubators. The same canned air over and over that is minimally filtered. How often ya think those filters are serviced? Or even effective? I bet ya a thousand bucks my home system is ten times better. When they're all suited up and take precautions like that, it's because they haven't yet come up with a clue of how, why, or where...precautions for the unknown.
« Last Edit: March 03/04/20, 07:39:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Airplanes are nothing but germ incubators.

Sir?  For you in-flight meal, would you like the e coli or the penicillin spores?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Airplanes are nothing but germ incubators.

Sir?  For you in-flight meal, would you like the e coli or the penicillin spores?

that's the truth!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just came from ALDI.....stacked to the gills with everything all the other stores were out of!   :shocked: Had boxes of hand sanitizer, everyone in town is out, I hear...so i bought a little bottle, and 3 cans of fruit! Even one of pineapple! Just in case, got a tube of German braunschweiger too......!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/04/20, 02:30:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I better go see if Fleet Farm has any more 9mm left.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I keep hearing about people buying cases of bottled water, like a hurricane was coming.   Do they thing the water and electricity is going to go out ? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I better go see if Fleet Farm has any more 9mm left.

You think my 12 boxes of .40 is enough? Only four boxes 9mm...... :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I keep hearing about people buying cases of bottled water, like a hurricane was coming.   Do they thing the water and electricity is going to go out ? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Of course. All the people that run the power plant drop dead from Capt Trips.
They haveta make pancakes, waffles, and french toast with all the bread, eggs, and milk too, ya know, before the power goes out.................
It must all have a cumulative laxative effect. They were buying cases of TP too.
« Last Edit: March 03/04/20, 04:49:28 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I can see stocking up on food and TP because maybe you won't be going out to the store for a couple weeks.   But water comes out of the pipe in the sink... for most people.   And it is chlorinated so no viruses in there. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah, but Delwort, my bourgeois bumpkin, most people are fearing Capt Trips as a supernatural antigen-shifting virus, not thinking that mere tap water can exterminate this possible doomsday-spawned devil incarnate.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: March 03/04/20, 06:25:15 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Have to say that I have seen no reason to stock up for anything except Vodka and beer.  I'm more afraid of getting the flu  than this media driven virus.  Trump is keeping this thing contained as I see it.  Just use common sense.  Wash your hands and when you go shopping take some wipes with you if the store doesn't have any.  Hey I"m one of those who are at risk for all of this flu included but the media doesn't seem to care about the flu which kills more people that this thing.  Not going to buy those mask's which will do nothing to stop this anyway.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Stocking up is only going to save you a trip to the store, where you MAY get coughed on by someone. I did some research; and the annual death rate for seasonal flu virus is .01 %, and the death rate for the Corona so far, out of all infected......01. The same. They just want you to stock up, empty shelves mean full pockets. (For them) No beer in 'fridge, now THAT's a disaster. So I always thought.  ;)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
(For them) No beer in 'fridge, now THAT's a disaster. So I always thought.  ;)

yes it would be!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
(For them) No beer in 'fridge, now THAT's a disaster. So I always thought.  ;)

yes it would be!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

well, it IS called the Corona epidemic.... :rotflmao:   :toast:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Stocking up is only going to save you a trip to the store, where you MAY get coughed on by someone. I did some research; and the annual death rate for seasonal flu virus is .01 %, and the death rate for the Corona so far, out of all infected......01. The same. They just want you to stock up, empty shelves mean full pockets. (For them) No beer in 'fridge, now THAT's a disaster. So I always thought.  ;)

All those people who got it aren't recovered yet so we don't know what happens to them.   And we don't know how many cases that we never knew were Covid. 

Going by the top line numbers 95,000 confirmed cases, 3285 deaths (3%), 53k recovered (6% deaths compared to recovered)

Those numbers are way worse than the flu.   

Here are the latest numbers from https://ncov2019.live/data

Look at the data, do your own arithmetic.     Unless there are a lot of cases that never got confirmed looks like death rate is at least 1% even in developed countries with decent medical systems.   

This is way more serious than flu.   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dr. Del has spoken.  Since you said tap water kills all viruses, should we hook hoses to the tap and just spray everyone down?     :scratch:

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2020/03/05
« Last Edit: March 03/05/20, 08:07:36 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: this corona stuff is getting old listening to it. :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: this corona stuff is getting old listening to it. :pouty:

Well then, ................    :doofus:    ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: WELL.............. :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

well ya cant turn a radio or TV and hear that sheet first thing!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:
« Last Edit: March 03/05/20, 08:11:44 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Business as normal around here. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: WELL.............. :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

well ya cant turn a radio or TV and heat that sheet first thing!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Heat that sheet?! Alright! Sounds like some good ol' SEKS to me!!!  :evil:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife sent me these photos from Target yesterday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
lookin good..........no expired or sell by past dates when i need sumfin............ :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife sent me these photos from Target yesterday.

Walmart and ALDI was devoid of Tylenol and Advil, too. WTH would ya run out and buy that???!?!  Reminds me of when Hostess went down the tubes some years back, and everyone ran out and bought Twinkies, cupcakes, the fruit pies, etc. Saw them on E-bay for hundreds of dollars!!!  :bonk:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/05/20, 08:17:02 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now, from Rebco, comes the Corona Bubble Suit! Protect yer entire family! (Dog sizes available, too) Clear head bubble keeps any virus from being inhaled, while the slippery metallic ion suit makes germs slide right off! Head bubble also comes with optional Wi-fi antennas.Order now! Only $19.95! But wait, if you call within the next ten minutes..... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/05/20, 08:29:56 AM by Rebel SS »